What is it about Lincoln Mark VIII Owners?

Don't feel bad, when I got my '93 in 2000, I didn't know what a Mark VIII was either. I knew I wanted it after the test ride for sure! :L

Markviiiedrea said:
sad thing is , not to make any one feel old or any thing . when my car rolled off the line i was in the 2nd grade and dint even know what a V8 was. hell i dint even know what a mark was untill my friend got one 3 years ago.

-Eric

I bought my first car. An 1984 LSC and I was born in Mar 1986. Ohh, and then there is my 1990 LSC SE. I was four. Hmmm. . . Didn't notice the MVII til 1999. Ever since, no car could compare.

Every time I seen a Mark it drivin by some old Guy.
JohnKassir2.jpg

well it never happen when i drove a town car but when i car my 95 continetal for some reson it started hapning but i thout it would only happen with a mark also

i always wave at Mark VIII and Mark VII owners, its just cool to see rare cars, and to share a smile because u know u got the power of a cobra in a car with leather seats :)

Some guy that work in the same company walk up to my car and said hey i seen that car around what kind of car is it? i said a lincoln, he said continental? i said NO! is a lincoln Mark! he said oooh. Then i explain the town car/ conti/ then the mark as the baby in the lincoln familly, but the sport coupe. He said ooohh,(again) he's only a few years older or younger, i guess he never saw a mark. I owned A 84 markvii then an 86. Now a 94 and a 97 mark VIII lsc. so i a'm familiar. :N

Here in NY any one who has the Mark VIII ( And thats not many) is stereo typed into having a mid life crises, for the guy who wants power and won't give up luxury. I geuss I'll be going thru my crises for a long time.

Lincolns Own said:
i always wave at Mark VIII and Mark VII owners, its just cool to see rare cars, and to share a smile because u know u got the power of a cobra in a car with leather seats :)

In the the city I live in about IDK 500,000???? From what I've seen they're MAYBE 15 Mark VIII's not even most of them I see are from Minnisota. So if I do see a Mark VIII its mostly parked at some store so I just park next couple spaces away b/c they always far from the front door. And if I know us Mark VIII owners we park away from other cars to protect our cars from stupid people.

Thinking of getting a In Dash Flip out help

Hi i have a 95 continental you know how they did the dash board in those car like a 3d afect almost
well what i was wonder is
like in the day when i have my Sun Roof open it,s hard for me to see the dash board
is it gona be hard to see the
Screen on a FLip out also just curious
and also

somthing els
The INside pnael on the sunroof always slide close when i stop do i need to replace that or can they fix it some how

bigdog1279 said:
Hi i have a 95 continental you know how they did the dash board in those car like a 3d afect almost
well what i was wonder is
like in the day when i have my Sun Roof open it,s hard for me to see the dash board
is it gona be hard to see the
Screen on a FLip out also just curious
and also

somthing els
The INside pnael on the sunroof always slide close when i stop do i need to replace that or can they fix it some how
I have a 95 continental, and I don't find it difficult to read the dash.

Every time I see another LS on the road I flash my lights and wave...However I usually get a blank stare from some soccer mom who doesen't even know how many cylinders her car has let alone have any sort of comraderie with other LS drivers. So sad really. As a matter of fact I drive past the same LS and flash every morning and every morning he looks at me like I'm an idiot...

I think this car is rare that its a True MARK on the auto industry to have had something so nice sporty and luxury rolled into one car that is the Mark 8. There is nothing else out there now ah days that looks and drives and feels like a mark 8

this is my second gen 1, I had my first (light blue 93) for about 5 years, had just gotten it the way I wanted it and BAM, an idiot female driver from South America turned in front of it like it was invisible-gone, like that-I lasted about 2 weeks, found a 96 red Mark, and am in the process of sorting it out now...these are fun, fast and beautiful cars, and I have cars (GTO's, Shelby, 2ed gen Aurora, Gran Sport, + more) and this on is the one I drive for business AND pleasure. You really do not see many, and some that I see are ratted out, but I think I'll always have one. I have a Jeep Wrangler (TJ) and I feel the same way about it-I'll always own one.

same happens with me.. i always end up b/sing with another mark viii owner. could be because my car is different also.. but the only other car i got that respect with is my fox body mustangs.

This thread is damned near two years old. It's dead, leave it be!.

Ugh.

With all due respect Frogman, some of us are new to this site and to these wonderful cars. Please don't try to wreck our enthusiasm by being a cranky old fart! Remember you were new here once upon a time...
I'll be stepping off of my soapbox now.:soapbox:

I appreciate you being a new member, and I can understand your enthusiasm. However, reviving dead threads is generally looked down upon in the online forums comunity in general. It's along the lines OF TYPING IN ALL CAPS. If you MUST post in such an old thread, then create a new thread, link the old thread, and go from there.

Yes, I too was new here once upon a time, but I have more sense than to revive dead threads. Certainly, not two year old threads.

Make sure you don't trip on your way off that soapbox.

I will get a look or a wave when it's a younger person driving a Mark, When they are 80 years old they don't even know what kind of car it is. (at least it seems that way) LOL. I pulled up to a very very old couple in a white 96 LSC at a light, I tried to get his attention but it was worthless. I should have followed him for his HID's. Anyways, the younger crowd seems to wave or give a thumbs up! I think it's because there are so few left on the road. When you see one it gets your attention.

so is the search engine supposed to be used, and bring back old threads? or do you make a "new" same topic, as an old thread?

i dont understand.. you want people to use the search, so the same question/topic dosent keep appearing, yet when the search is used, there are complaints that the thread is dead.
:confused:
not trying to start an arguement... just confused, as this happens in every forum, i have belonged to. i think its much less annoying using the search.

Ok... If you have a question, by all means search first.

I (and I'm sure other members who've been here for a while) don't mind helping out another lincoln owner with answers. But it does get old, when you have to answer the same questions over and over. Know what I mean?

For questions that have been covered so many times it ain't even funny no mo', if the person doesn't take the 30 seconds to search, I won't even bother with an answer, even though it would take me about the same time to post the answer. Does that make me a jerk? Prolly. But since IDNGAF about what others think... eh. you get the idea.

Here's a good question: "I wanna lower my car, how do I do it?" or " I wanna convert to coils, who do I call?" Ofcourse, those aren't the only questions I'm referring to, but again... you get the idea.

Let's say that your foogle blipper is going out on your car. You wanna know how to fix it, and it's one of those parts that is known to go out. You search for it, and you find all these threads about it. You read through them, and then you go fix your foogle blipper with help from the threads.

If you MUST, start a new thread (if the threads are really old) and thank people who posted the solution to your foogle blipper problem. If you have any questions, by all means, start a thread, reference your searched threads in links, and go from there. That will show people that can help you at least tried to find if there's a thread on the problem. I'll tell you what, I'll be the first to try and help you out with your part problem if I see you've taken the innitiative to search first.

Now, when you see a thread like this, and it's so old, come on... Just start a new one. It will do two things:

1. The old threads can go into the archive and not be bothered anymore. BTW, do we have an archive? Amins? - Yeah, I know, "Search!" :lol:

2. It shows people that you're not into "Digging up the corpses"... damn, what song is that from?

Alas, this is not my forum, and the admins can tell me to STFU and tell you to bring up all the dead threads you want. But as I stated earlier, it's just general Forums etiquette to leave dead threads dead.

Edit: Then answer to my question is Devil driver - Digging up the corpses - Resident Evil Soundtrack... and damn it, I can't find that soundtrack on my machines. ugh!

"Every time I seen a Mark it drivin by some old Guy"

Hey, I'm that old guy you are talking about. That makes it the ultimate sleeper for me. I have embarrased more than one ricer!

"Every time I seen a Mark it drivin by some old Guy"

Hey, I'm that old guy you are talking about. That makes it the ultimate sleeper for me. I have embarrased more than one ricer!

Hey whats up Kurt haven't heard from you for awhile. Oh yea I got a SCT, Love the way it shifts now. If I see you on the road, expect a race, just to see:)

I belong to several other forums and have never heard of this "rule" before about leaving old threads dead.

I for one am encouraged to know there exists such a good comraderie among owners of these cars. Nothin' wrong with that. Especially if you're taking a road trip and pass through cities/towns with fellow owners who can lend a hand if needed. Who knows frogman....it may be YOU someday that needs a hand.

Members online

No members online now.
Back