what heads to use?

i do alot of highway driving so i hate to give up the 3.27's i was thinking maybe a 3000 stall with a lockup for the highway ?? i'm also picking up a mmx driveshaft

With ported heads/intake and bigger cams you are going to move the powerband up noticeably. You will be leaving a lot on the table with stock gears. I say 4.10s will be ok but more gear is better. If I had to do it over again I would have gone at least 4.30s and with a PSR Cobra intake and cams going in 4.56s are in my Marks future.

The converter has no affect on highway cruising. It would be locked cruising at highway speeds.

I wouldn't do less then a 3500rpm stall even on a stock Mark VIII. However with that being said gears affect driveabilty with a looser converter. The more gear the less you will notice the converter at part throttle. I was not happy with how the car behaved in normal driving with the stock 3.07s. With 4.10s it completely livable. I would get the engine up and running and dynoed to see the power curve then choose what gears you plan on going with before you decide on what stall speed to go with. Then personally I would call Circle D and talk to them about what you want and have them build you a converter.

thanks for the information, how were your rpm's at 70 mph with the 4.10's ?

here's a rather large and not very good pic of my car

2qbakbq.jpg

thanks they are mille miglia uno's with michelin pilot sport a/s 245/50-17's

right now i'm at 2100 rpm @ 70 but like you said the dyno will determine the final outcome, at the moment i'm thinking maybe 3.73's or 3.90's

Members online

No members online now.
Back