What has been the best bang for the buck performance wise!!!

dropped74

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I was just wondering and I see alot of you guys have done some things to your LS's. I would like a little more umph but don't like to spend alot of money and it not work have done that in the past, so any input would help. :L

dropped74 said:
I was just wondering and I see alot of you guys have done some things to your LS's. I would like a little more umph but don't like to spend alot of money and it not work have done that in the past, so any input would help. :L
Here's the breakdown:

- Cold Air Intake $400 ~10-15 HP
- Cat Back Exhaust system $600 ~10-15 HP
- SCT Flasher Unit $325 ~10-20 HP (depends on the tune)
- N2O Kit $600 ~15-25 HP (purely guessing since I've never had it)
- Supercharger $5,000 ~80-90 HP (should be available around late April)

I'd say you could pick your poison above based on your budget.

Ghost, could the HP's be accumulative if you piggy back?? Say flasher and catback ~20-30 HP???

yes.

I have :
- CAI
- hood vent
- exhaust
- SCT tuned
- run NOS for a bit
- should have the SC in a month

and dynoed inbetween most of them - it all adds up.

the SCT tuner can actually do more with a car that has already has exhaust and CAI

can't get mine anymore - but the LLSOC sells a newer model.

LBK_LS said:
Ghost, could the HP's be accumulative if you piggy back?? Say flasher and catback ~20-30 HP???
It's very possible like Lou said above. I haven't dyno'd my car since adding the SCT flasher. I have a good baseline with the CAI and cat-back. I'd say that the totals would be cumulative. You could easily get 30-40 HP with the CAI, cat-back and flasher. And that might be conservative!

so your saying that if I get the CAI, Exhaust and flasher.. I could go from stock V8 at 252HP to ~282-302 HP? AWESOME!!!

eL eS---- The CAI is just basically the LLSOC air intake tube along with a Cone filter. But wasn't there a discussion me and you had a month about about how the tube shows little to no help.. it's mainly the filter?

Also, I've read that some LS'ers MPG actually went DOWN after putting on the intake tube.. So did we ever figure out for or against the tube?

LBK_LS said:
so your saying that if I get the CAI, Exhaust and flasher.. I could go from stock V8 at 252HP to ~282-302 HP? AWESOME!!!

eL eS---- The CAI is just basically the LLSOC air intake tube along with a Cone filter. But wasn't there a discussion me and you had a month about about how the tube shows little to no help.. it's mainly the filter?

Also, I've read that some LS'ers MPG actually went DOWN after putting on the intake tube.. So did we ever figure out for or against the tube?
My experience with lower gas mileage is due an extremely heavy foot contributed to an increased abundance of joy driving at higher speeds! :waving:

LBK_LS said:

ahhh OK I thought so. well no one produced any hard numbers on the tube but if I were a betin man I would say the tube doesn't contribute much to the gains.

once you hear your V8 at WOT with a less restrictive intake - your gas mileage is gonna drop - promise.

I just want to know my chances with the 05 GT down the street before I do something stupid.

MikeB said:
I just want to know my chances with the 05 GT down the street before I do something stupid.

0-80 is a Mustang strong suit...auto or manual. I think we are going to need that supercharger.

Those CTS-V's are fast. I was next to one yesterday and decided what the hell, I'll go, just to see how bad I would be beat. It was kinda ugly. Cadillac really knows what they're doing right now, wish I could say the same for Lincoln.

MikeB said:
If you let the air out of his tires before you race, you'll have a fighting chance.

Hey I have seen LINCOLN LS CAI's on EBAY. Are they the same for all years, or do I need to know what years they were for?

Also :dancefool If I am not a member of LLSOC how would I order one?

owoodu said:
Hey I have seen LINCOLN LS CAI's on EBAY. Are they the same for all years, or do I need to know what years they were for?

Also :dancefool If I am not a member of LLSOC how would I order one?

different one for pre-03s and 03+ (as the engines are different) - as well as different for V6 and V8.

the LLSOC.com has a store for both members and non-members.

- N2O Kit $600 ~15-25 HP (purely guessing since I've never had it)
WHOOOAAAAA not true The kits I sell are wheel HP dyno proven!!!we had a supercharged tibby with 12 lbs and methnal injection and a 35 shot he gained 43 fwhp and 97 ftlbs trq so just my $.02

SilverLS said:
WHOOOAAAAA not true The kits I sell are wheel HP dyno proven!!!we had a supercharged tibby with 12 lbs and methnal injection and a 35 shot he gained 43 fwhp and 97 ftlbs trq so just my $.02

That's pretty good, gaining front wheel HP on a rear wheel drive car. :slam :invasion:

MV LS said:
That's pretty good, gaining front wheel HP on a rear wheel drive car. :slam :invasion:

Aren't "tibbys" (Tiburons) FWD? Didn't realize Hyundai many anything RWD.

Members online

No members online now.
Back