What guns are you guys running?

weapons-1.jpg

from left to right
Maverick 88 by mossberg
Crossman G1 Extreme .177 air rifle
Savage MKII .22LR
Savage 111 .308 win

8 years ago I was home on leave in between duty stations and my uncle died of a heart attack. He didnt have much, but he wanted me to have his M1 Garand. We were very close, he taught me how to hunt when I was little and I spent almost every weekend at his house until I went to college.

I held onto the gun for a while and never did anything with it. It just sat in my closet. I decided it was time to get it in shape for shooting.

I completely tore it down and started cleaning. The barrel was clogged up with dried mud, cobwebs in the chamber, etc. I couldnt tell you the last time it was fired, it had been at least since the late 70's.

I am no expert by any means, so after hours of cleaning I put it back together and took it to a gun shop and had it checked out. They said it was in excellent shape and perfectly safe to fire.

I did some research and found out from the serial number that it was made in June of 1942, so this thing is 69 years old now. I had some reservations about shooting it, but this thing was as solid as the day it was made. It shoots great and is still very accurate. Only had to adjust 3 clicks right at 100 yds. One thing that surprised me was the ammount of kick. Left a nice little bruise lol. I see a lot of shooting in my near future.

here it is all broken down:
230059_1695915557942_1239435448_31430025_3717845_n.jpg

8 years ago I was home on leave in between duty stations and my uncle died of a heart attack. He didnt have much, but he wanted me to have his M1 Garand. We were very close, he taught me how to hunt when I was little and I spent almost every weekend at his house until I went to college.

I held onto the gun for a while and never did anything with it. It just sat in my closet. I decided it was time to get it in shape for shooting.

I completely tore it down and started cleaning. The barrel was clogged up with dried mud, cobwebs in the chamber, etc. I couldnt tell you the last time it was fired, it had been at least since the late 70's.

I am no expert by any means, so after hours of cleaning I put it back together and took it to a gun shop and had it checked out. They said it was in excellent shape and perfectly safe to fire.

I did some research and found out from the serial number that it was made in June of 1942, so this thing is 69 years old now. I had some reservations about shooting it, but this thing was as solid as the day it was made. It shoots great and is still very accurate. Only had to adjust 3 clicks right at 100 yds. One thing that surprised me was the ammount of kick. Left a nice little bruise lol. I see a lot of shooting in my near future.

here it is all broken down:
230059_1695915557942_1239435448_31430025_3717845_n.jpg

Man that is cool.:cool:

The alaskan is a sweet gun. How long of a barrel? My uncle had the snub nose .454. I could stick my whole thumb in the cambers. My cousin tried to fire it one handed and it spun 180* and cut open his thumb. I LMFBO.

2 Ruger SR9c, Smith and Wesson 5906, Sears and Roebuck 30-30, Smith and Wesson .32 long revolver, and the newest addition Mossberg 500 12 gauge

2 Ruger SR9c, Smith and Wesson 5906, Sears and Roebuck 30-30, Smith and Wesson .32 long revolver, and the newest addition Mossberg 500 12 gauge

you like the SR9c since you have 2? i have been thinking about picking one of those up.

lol ya I'm a pretty big fan, the trigger feels great and I feel I'm pretty accurate with it. I had one that was stainless slide and my buddy bought one with a black slide. I carry mine with the 10 round mag and pinky ext. and was trying to find some more 10 round mags around town and was having no luck. my buddy decided to sell his sr9c to get a glock and I figured id have my spare mag plus then I can put the two 17 round mags with the 2nd gun and there is basically an sr9.

Members online

Back