what do you feed your ls

soundwaves454

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
70 bucks to fill the tank today... I always pump 76 but today i was running low, last resort was a shell station... I was wondering if switching would have a negative effect and also what do other members fuel with and if they've notice a change switching

Always 93 octane. I prefer Chevron, but I'll stop wherever is convenient.

Shell's not bad. I normally use Quik Trip, a regional station where I am. Gasoline brand can sometimes matter, too. I have had vehicles in the past that were brand sensitive, up to 2MPG better with more power to boot. Other vehicles didn't care. I even had two cars at one time, one only ran well on Shell and ran bad on Quik Trip, but the other one only ran well on Quik Trip but bad on Shell. I don't try to explain it, I just try the local stations and use whatever the car likes most. Can't do a one tank check either, you must run at least 5 tanks in a row with the first two tanks from a brand not counted to clear other fuel out, and average across all the tanks that count to see which runs best.

I filled up yesterday for $63.63 with 1 mile to empty. All I can find around here is 92 octane. I usually use Chevron or Shell and haven't noticed an MPG difference. I calculate every tank.

I noticed an increase in miles to empty, about 11 more miles. hopefully there will be a performance increase. i let my sister borrow the car once, she pumped arco 87 octane... a weekend of needless driving to get that junk out of the car

I like to feed my LS Hondas, I find that Toyotas are a little too bland for its taste, and it doesn't get out and run around quite like it should.

back a few years ago, your choices were 93 or you could get 94 at shell for the same price. then gas got crazy expensive again and everybody switched to offering 91, shell still offers 93, but its not the same price anymore.

anything less is uncivilized at the bare minimum.

Shell's not bad. I normally use Quik Trip, a regional station where I am. Gasoline brand can sometimes matter, too. I have had vehicles in the past that were brand sensitive, up to 2MPG better with more power to boot. Other vehicles didn't care. I even had two cars at one time, one only ran well on Shell and ran bad on Quik Trip, but the other one only ran well on Quik Trip but bad on Shell. I don't try to explain it, I just try the local stations and use whatever the car likes most. Can't do a one tank check either, you must run at least 5 tanks in a row with the first two tanks from a brand not counted to clear other fuel out, and average across all the tanks that count to see which runs best.

Quik trip FTW! haha, they are around here too and man do they have really good prices... I also think the octane level 93,92,91 depends on location.

Wow, bigger than regional then. They also have pretty good coffee and grub. The coffee's worth stopping there just to get a cup. We have 91 at ours, although I have access to 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, and 93 here. One of the stations has one that mixes 87 and 91 at differing levels to get the specified octane rating, if I understand how their pump works.

I hang a cannoli in front of mine if "I'm feeling fat and sassy", otherwise it's a carrot.

I was bummed when I had to fill it in Canada with 91 octane. Normally it's 93 octane from BP, Mobil, or Shell in order of preference.

*Edit: I forgot, wads of cash.

I feed it jet fuel and my blood sweat and tears

Oh and a little 91 from sunoco

Wow, bigger than regional then. They also have pretty good coffee and grub. The coffee's worth stopping there just to get a cup. We have 91 at ours, although I have access to 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, and 93 here. One of the stations has one that mixes 87 and 91 at differing levels to get the specified octane rating, if I understand how their pump works.

Yupp, they are all over my area. Whats the closest major city to you? And mixing makes sense, I think all stations mix different types of fuel to get the right ratios.

Gotta get that coffee! ahah

Current and much lower than recently priced, 93 Amoco/BP Under 60 bucks for the first time in forever.

There is a non-ethanol place a few miles down the road who, even at inflated prices could fill me at under 70 a tank.

It used to be Chevron every time, but some ass bought the Chevrons and turned them into Shells. ...so Shell 93.

Dynamite and unicorn blood.

But as far as gas I am not too picky and usually just fill up with 93 at whatever is close. Only time I noticed something was up was during a road trip where I stopped at some random small town gas station in Maryland. Car ran like crap and the MPG tanked about 5mpg. Decided I would stick to mobil/shell/bp after that. Although I do fill up at the racetrack by my house sometimes. Never any issues there.

If I could afford it (and if it really made a difference).....$8+ a gallon.

I usually just buy Costco premium gas. It works fine, but I think I get some slight ping off the line.

gas.jpg

Yupp, they are all over my area. Whats the closest major city to you? And mixing makes sense, I think all stations mix different types of fuel to get the right ratios.

Gotta get that coffee! ahah

I'm in the Tulsa OK area.

Current and much lower than recently priced, 93 Amoco/BP Under 60 bucks for the first time in forever.

There is a non-ethanol place a few miles down the road who, even at inflated prices could fill me at under 70 a tank.

I'm jealous. Any time I'm on the east coast I use Amoco, even for rentals. That stuff runs better than anything else I've ever used. It even smells good.

Every station mixes gas, as far as 87-93 octane. The pumps are actually in the tank in the ground, the pump on the island is a dispenser, it blends the fuel when it gets up to it, before going into the vehicles, unless you select the low grade, or the high test, then its just straight from the tank.
The trucks that deliver gas only carry low, and high grade.

93 is more than good enough. I add NOS octane booster if I want to spray and keep my tune loaded (ends up about 99-100). I can spray on stock tune with 93 with no issue. I go cheap stuff and then Mobil every 4th tank or so. I'll run some chevron fuel/injector cleaner through once a year.

I feed mine Lybian plutonium. The new Flux Capacitors wont run on enriched uranium anymore. Stupid EPA.

Every station mixes gas, as far as 87-93 octane. The pumps are actually in the tank in the ground, the pump on the island is a dispenser, it blends the fuel when it gets up to it, before going into the vehicles, unless you select the low grade, or the high test, then its just straight from the tank.
The trucks that deliver gas only carry low, and high grade.

Not all of them. We have many around here that have three tanks. Sometimes they will have 93 (or 91) and 87, but be out of 89.

It changes for me. Whatever station I'm by when I need gas, is where I fill up. However, at most of the stations around here, the 91 is non-oxygenated. The closest to my house has 91 in both oxy and non-oxy forms. When I can, I use the oxygenated. Higher chance of pinging without the ethanol. And, the oxy is 10 cents cheaper.

It changes for me. Whatever station I'm by when I need gas, is where I fill up. However, at most of the stations around here, the 91 is non-oxygenated. The closest to my house has 91 in both oxy and non-oxy forms. When I can, I use the oxygenated. Higher chance of pinging without the ethanol. And, the oxy is 10 cents cheaper.

Odd..... Ethanol makes my car ping under WOT.

Members online

No members online now.
Back