what do you feed your ls

Not all of them. We have many around here that have three tanks. Sometimes they will have 93 (or 91) and 87, but be out of 89.

Then their stupid, because mid-grade is just low and high mixed.

Some good lookin models from south america..... LS likes nice racks. I should say used to!

Nothing but 93.

Switched from premium to regular years ago. Same mpg, slight ping on throttle tip-in. I could buy premium when it was 15 -20 cent more, now the difference is 30 - 40 cents I can't do it, so regular (87) is what I've used for the last 40,000 miles.

Switched from premium to regular years ago. Same mpg, slight ping on throttle tip-in. I could buy premium when it was 15 -20 cent more, now the difference is 30 - 40 cents I can't do it, so regular (87) is what I've used for the last 40,000 miles.

Ahhhhh...... Someone else who knows more than the engineers that designed the engine and tuned the fuel delivery. Don't be mad at the car when the pinging blows a hole in one or more pistons.

If you're too cheap to put in the correct fuel you're driving the wrong vehicle.

Ahhhhh...... Someone else who knows more than the engineers that designed the engine and tuned the fuel delivery. Don't be mad at the car when the pinging blows a hole in one or more pistons.

If you're too cheap to put in the correct fuel you're driving the wrong vehicle.

I'll let you know when it happens.

First 100,000 miles on premium
Next 50,000 on regular

Only pings if I lug it and on initial clutch release in 1st. So far the first $500 toward new pistons (or the next car) is already in the bank.

The car the Lincoln replaced also required premium fuel. First 100,000 miles were run on premium next 180,000 miles on regular. Never did blow a piston but the car did rust out from under me in only 15 years and 280,000 miles.

Odd..... Ethanol makes my car ping under WOT.

I've read that most cars around that time were designed and tuned to run on e10, and that the ethanol helps to decrease pinging. Have I personally had a problem with it? Nope. Just what I've read.

Members online

No members online now.
Back