What do we do for a living??

Dartastic said:
I hope that doesnt come across as being nosey. Im just really curious at how diverse the group is. Im 38 and been with Pacific Gas and Electric for 20 years. Distribution Operator. I manage the power lines in most of Silicon Valley. Married 9 years and have 4.5 kids! :eek2:
WELL THAT IS A GOOD QUESTION, I AM CHIEF ENGINEER HECHT'S DEPARTMENT STORES NASHVILLE TN. STARTED AS ELECTRICIAN ,WENT TO WORK FOR MILLER AND RHOADS IN RICHMOND VA., HECHT'S BOUGHT US, SENT ME TO SCHOOL FOR HVAC. NOW MACYS WILL SOON BE OUR NAME. HOPE YOU LIKED OUR PARADE.:D

i am 30 years old (dammitt) and still working on cars for a living... ford certified service tech for 10 years, caddillac for 2, left the dealer world to destress as a shop manager/lead installer at a speed shop in california... been building drag race engines all along on the side as a home business and now realizing i'm pretty burnt out.. so, pursuing my real estate license to start a property managment... just got engaged on valentines day to my girl after two years... kids soon... the lincoln is actually hers, but you know who fixes it right? my car is a 66' mustang and a 84' fox body drag car....and a 86' ranger on 40's...later

I'm 23 y/o and I'm an optician. I'm married and have a 6 year old boy :) Also have a husky which is more of a PITA then my son.

I'm a cook in the Navy.... yeah yeah I know... cooks get know love. I'll be getting out in about a year. I"m trying to get picked by the police department.

Make sure u dont get picked up by the police dept. for the wrong thing LMAO

Dont do the crime if you cant do the TIME lol.. im just busting ya chops lol..

Ive been a steelworker for the past 28 years. Been through the ups and downs you know, mostly down. But now from repairing machinery to Plant Manager of a newly open plant I count my blessings. Only in America....and for all you guys or gals out there....never give up!:) :) :)

Another techie, here. I'm a contract database architect, so I'm never at the same company for more than a year or so. Kind of a white-collar migrant worker. :shifty:

I've owned 80% Fords and Mercurys for 30 years, but this (2006 LS) is my first Lincoln. Does this mean that I've "arrived?" :)

I am 24 y/o. Just bought my first Lincoln about a month and a half ago. Status: married/divorced, 2 yrs (to the day), re-married now for a yr. in April. Have a 4 y/o son. Hope I learned my lesson the first time:D. Now back to the topic at hand....Currently located in Knoxville TN and work at the corporate headquarters of what we are told is the largest Manufactured housing company (Clayton Homes INC) in the industry. Currently owned by the 2nd richest man in the world, Warren Buffet. For those of you that might ask though, yes they're still "trailers":D. I'll be looking for my progressive consoling when I return on Monday morning...Job description: I sit in front of a computer all day....seriously though, I have been a product designer for 4 yrs now. I work with in a group of about 20 ppl based out of our home office, and upwards of around 50 additional designers in the field. We design the floor plan layouts and provide detailed construction plans for the building of the houses....Pay is good, benefits are great, but it's BORING.

For those of you that have questioned about the college benefits...I have three yrs of high school drafting experience with a program called AutoCad, 1 and a half semesters of computer intergrated drafting and design, and make a few $'s more on the hour than most of the others that have a 2 year associates degree in drafting and design. It's all in who you know and who you ____!!! But it really pays to have a good friend inside to get your foot in the door. Wouldn't be where I am without him....

PS. Sorry for the long post...and am by no means bragging. pls don't read into it that way.

I'm 21 and work full time at Circuit City in the Roadshop and I also go to school full time. And when I get time, I help out my buddies at their custom shop.

NVMyLS said:
I'm 21 and work full time at Circuit City in the Roadshop and I also go to school full time. And when I get time, I help out my buddies at their custom shop.

Forgive my ignorance, but what's the roadshop?

What sort of custom shop do your buddies have?

Just curious since I'm just on the other side of the hill in San Jose.

Murderously Yours,

MACHVII

Ready for this?
Im 18, got out ofhigh school and got my real estate license . Tried going to College but realized that i didnt need to go to college, i was mking enough money investing in real estate, and selling properties. Working on opening my own brokerage within the next 6 months. Anyone looking for a home in the Ft. Myers Naples area?

Deliciousdaly said:
Ready for this?
Im 18, got out ofhigh school and got my real estate license . Tried going to College but realized that i didnt need to go to college, i was mking enough money investing in real estate, and selling properties. Working on opening my own brokerage within the next 6 months. Anyone looking for a home in the Ft. Myers Naples area?

Go get'em Tiger! When you expand into the Southwest, let me know.

MACHVII said:
Forgive my ignorance, but what's the roadshop?

What sort of custom shop do your buddies have?

Just curious since I'm just on the other side of the hill in San Jose.

Murderously Yours,

MACHVII

I install car stero stuff like radios, speakers, and overheads, etc. My buddies own Edge Motorsports which is a one stop shop for the automotive lovers like us. They do it all.

Occupation

I am a Marine superintendent w/ APL. Basicly Supervise the loading and unloading of cargo ships, come up with the battle plan to do this and (sorry to any longshoremen out there) Baby sit longshoremen. No kid's, no wife. I find that if you don't marry them in within 3 yrs of dating them they generaly leave. Damn Biological clocks.

Well, I'm an Office Manager, which is HR, A/P, A/R, Collections, etc.

I'm married over 20 yrs. and have 2 teenagers, one 18 and one 16 who will be at the all ford nationals this june.

Princess

Dam after reading most of these post I feel old.

I am almost 35, I am a CISSP (Certified Infromation Systems Securty Perfessional) and a Security Manager for a Software development company.

im 20 go to college fulltime and help my uncle run his autobody shop do everything in the shop since there is only 3 of us there still learning stuff everyday since i just started working there a year ago after i dropped out of the university of south florida n moved back home with no previus training in the feild but i love doing it

I got conned into going to Southeast Missouri State to play football. Ended up graduating with two Industrial Technology degrees. One in Computer and Electronic Technology and one in Electronic and Control Engineering. Couldn't wait to leave that place in Dec. 05. Now I am back there working as a Computer Technician for the campus. Not married yet (I think 22 is too young), but I don't think my girlfriend is gonna let me stay that way much longer.

30 years old, and a Dept. Supervisor for Everett Charles STG Division/Harbor S.C. based in Santa Clara, CA. Stressful job, but pays the bills. We are "#1" (not really a big industry for semi-test comp.) in the industry at fabricating prototype loadboards and probecards for Intel, Teradyne, FFI, etc. Been with them since 99.

I'll admit it

I am over 40 but not near 50, Been in So Cal for 4 years, from Gilbert, AZ. I am Director of Construction for Quiksilver, Inc.
22 year old and 20 year old sons and 14 year old daughter. Have a 02 Navigator and 01 LS v8. Also a 33' Baja outlaw powerboat.

Usmc

28yrs old, stuck in cherry point NC. Home is Minnesota. Spent most of 05 (336 days) in Iraq. Saved enough to buy my LS.:) :) :)

NVMyLS said:
I install car stero stuff like radios, speakers, and overheads, etc. My buddies own Edge Motorsports which is a one stop shop for the automotive lovers like us. They do it all.

Could you point me in the direction of someone who could make me a sub enclosure for a Mark VII?

It's time to hook up the West Coast Lincoln bunch!

I remain...

Murderously Yours,

MACHVII

Members online

No members online now.
Back