What did you do to your LS today?

Removed my tint so i made this super quick tint/no tint comparison video. [video=youtube;atmBCGGGpzE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atmBCGGGpzE&feature=youtu.be[/video]

51XM+NhxV-L._SL1500_.jpg
IMHO the rears are worse. The window "snaps" into a post on the window.. It's very disconcerting!!

I found that it was difficult to replace the rear window regulator. All went smooth until it was time to put the last 2 parts in - the 3/8 in long plastic pins that must be shoved thru the regulator's window 'cradle' as well as thru the window itself, pinning the two together. So 3 holes (window and one on each side of it in the cradle) must be aligned (not a real problem alignment was good) and then the 2 concentric pins must be pushed into place. This was not so easy. Only way I found to access the holes was thru the rear (outside) of the regulator. Essentially working blind, I was able to push the 2 in a ways but not all the way. My hands, fingers just not strong enuf. After thinking a bit on what tool might help, I remembered a tool I had purchased several months ago for removing exhaust hangars. It was just right for this job. I carefully lined up the pusher cylinder plate on the back and over the pins and the u-shaped surround on the front , closed hard on the grips and heard a little 'pop'. It was a good pop as the window pins were now exactly where they should be.

The tool I used was this one:
Lisle 38350 Exhaust Removal Pliers.

51XM+NhxV-L._SL1500_.jpg

Had the trany fluid flushed this past week. The PO had it done at the dealership 37K miles ago. I had it done at an independent service garage. It seems to have made a small/slight improvement in the 1-2 an 2-3 shift quality at a very light throttle application. Also finally got the alignment done at the same time, after replacing those rear LCA - had not been driving the car much due to that needing to be done. Nice to have her tracking straight and true again.

Took off the air cleaner duct pipe and shot water back thru the radiator fins and the condenser fins. VERY dirty! Lot of grass and bugs were partially clogging them.
Did my Aerostar van the same way while I had the water hose out. It didn't seem as dirty as the 03 LS.
Anyway,it's good practice to do maybe once every year or two. I don't ever do it when the car is hot. don-ohio :)^)

how much was the tranny flush and re fill ?

I paid $186.50 today and they even washed and vacuumed it for free and let me stand there and watch them do the flush, pretty unique machine they use to do it.

Since I purchased it from the original owner a little over a month ago I've done:

Oil Change
New Pads & Rotors all 4
New RainX Wipers
Connected vent tube @ battery (was disconnect for some reason)
New Cabin filter
New seat filters
New Belt (this is the most difficult car to replace a belt on I've owned, had to drain coolant and disconnect piping + air filter just to get to the belt)
Transmission oil exchange (dealer)
New Michelins all the way around
Got the strut covers today
Got missing manifold cover clip from dealer
Installed the cargo net
Repaired rear drooping headliner
Repaired drooping headliner around sunroof
Dust/vacuum inside out + leather treatment
2 coats of Meguiars wax

To do's

Ignition coils
Spark plugs
Coolant flush
Maybe aftermarket exhaust
Installing battery hold down bar
Fix drivers side puddle lamp and power mirror (dealer says may have to replace mirror)

A little TLC can go a long way

IMG_20160716_171051.jpg
IMG_20160716_171123 (1).jpg
IMG_20160730_011323.jpg
me.jpg

IMG_20160716_171051.jpg

IMG_20160716_171123 (1).jpg

IMG_20160730_011323.jpg

me.jpg

Got both outer tie rods replaced. I noticed one was loose, but apparently both were bad. Now, to spite me, my DCCV seems to be failing. After about 30 minutes of driving, the passenger side air heats up. Setting the driver to 85 and the passenger to 65 produced about the same output temperature at the center vents. On the flipside, I found out the car can control the air speed between the two sides independently, so there's that.

I guess it's time to dig I to the cooling system.

And my roof rust is getting awful. The paint in the back has been cracked for a long time, but it's just gotten worse

At least it drives excellently with the fresh alignment. It doesnt want me to know it's a 15 year old car

No, it can't.

It was probably around 80 in the car (hot day, windows open, stopped). As I turned up the driver temp the air speed significantly dropped in the driver center vent as I approached 85 while the passenger side (set to 65) was still at a high speed.

Was it just directing the air elsewhere? Or just closing the driver side? Wrong assumption, but still something I'd never noticed before

There's only one blower, and there are no air flaps that are one side only. The only thing it can vary differently on one side than the other is the temperature of the heater core.
The temperature difference is probably fooling your flesh based airflow sensor.

Bought the motorcraft battery with the vent on it. What a waste the guy that sold the car just threw a new one with no vent tube to get it going. Probably not much difference in cost either. Guess I will craiglist the other to try and get some coin back.

Geezus, I didn't realize highly modifying my car's interior would get me such grief. OK, no more interior pics...ever.

Hehe, dont take offense, lets get Bigrig to post his trucks interior mods! Its all what you like for your ride. I remember Dashmats when they came out back in the day. Hot item, due to inferior plastics in car back then, and I lived in Vegas at that time so tint and/or dashmats were the norm.

Hehe, dont take offense, lets get Bigrig to post his trucks interior mods! Its all what you like for your ride. I remember Dashmats when they came out back in the day. Hot item, due to inferior plastics in car back then, and I lived in Vegas at that time so tint and/or dashmats were the norm.

You might guess this has happened before...funny, I'm the original owner and this forum is the only place that has EVER happened.

Coco mats ... would get me such grief. OK, no more interior pics...ever.

At the very least warn us next time. Was about to mail you an 8 track to go with those.

Obviously a 1970 Lada 1500 missing it's floor mats somewhere. 'Long as you can rock it, is all that matters.

At the very least warn us next time. Was about to mail you an 8 track to go with those.

Obviously a 1970 Lada 1500 missing it's floor mats somewhere. 'Long as you can rock it, is all that matters.

Time to shut up about it and hassle someone else. Have a nice life.

Last edited:
Why are you attempting to send me a PM regarding this? ButtHurt much?
Not everyone in life is going to agree with others choices of bath mats.

Thanks for sharing though, I was due for a good laugh!

FINALLY ... ordered the cam locking tool for my 01 LS V8, already had Christoper's secondary kit on the shelf.

There's only one blower, and there are no air flaps that are one side only. The only thing it can vary differently on one side than the other is the temperature of the heater core.
The temperature difference is probably fooling your flesh based airflow sensor.

My FAF sensor was good. Turns out I just didn't do enough testing. When I move it to >80 and <70 the air speed on both sides drops because it switches to the floor, while keeping the fan on high speed. The sound threw me off and I've never noticed an Auto setting use the floor vents, at least not as the primary vent

Members online

No members online now.
Back