What did you do to your LS today?

Hung out and worked on the LS'
fc84a107235b33add1de8ad15d25ff34.jpg
efaa6c2cf32966d2e280fa63bae02d1c.jpg
8a3f2e7c240f9827c7e57dc2ab18c753.jpg

Oh and i Did the other side... not perfect but good enough until new wheels

https://vimeo.com/165701499

_-_ IG: KID_LYRICS _-_

Those are two beautiful LSes. BUT, IMHO, the chrome wheels look much much better in chrome than they do painted black. Just MHO.

Yeah, yeah keep doing that to it ... should last at least to the end of the week.

Did you not have a look at all the guides and tentioners plus chains when you had it open like that?

Belt noise? hmmm .... I'm thinking you know better then that, that's not belt noise!

Yea in fact I did. They looked real good in fact.

Also didn't say belt. Said valve. Which after saying it didn't make much sense either cause it doesnt have hydrolic lifters. Was just happy it runs period (after sitting for over a year).

Those are two beautiful LSes. BUT, IMHO, the chrome wheels look much much better in chrome than they do painted black. Just MHO.

chrome wheels look better on a continental than they do on an a LS, I would say that any black wheel looks better than a chrome wheel!

Yea in fact I did. They looked real good in fact.

Also didn't say belt. Said valve. Which after saying it didn't make much sense either cause it doesnt have hydrolic lifters. Was just happy it runs period (after sitting for over a year).

Guess the video where you end it with "belt noise, gotta love it" threw me off.

Hi!

I had a subwoofer noise , it was like 1-2 Hz signal, this show up when turning the volume up with the car on or off.

After turning the volume up and stop playing :
https://youtu.be/h_Bs5gcOroY

I use the stock audio harness to avoid running new wires,just audio and remote signals.

The problem was the RCA cable comming from the harnes it was inverted.(behing the Head unit)

I suspected about the rca and a ground loop,the ground wire was good and I did not touch any ground on the Head unit side.

The resistance between the shield RCA connnector and chassis was to high then I measured the RCA signal to chasis and it was low so I inverted the wires and problem solved.

With engine on and off there's no noise.

Sorry for the audio , it was recorded with my celphone.

sounds great! :D
https://youtu.be/4oXMAC44_gs

schematic cad.jpg

subconnector.JPG

trunk subwoofer.JPG

trunk subwoofer2.JPG

Still looks good to me, put it back in! Just run it through a coffee filter first, should be alright for at least another 10K or so.

How many times have you done that to it MysticMac? Is it just conventional or full synthetic? If the engine is dirty inside, changing oil and filter OFTEN is required to clean it up.
Full synthetic will protect better once you work the dirt out of it with a few shortened, like 3000 mi. each, oil changes. don-ohio :)^)

What I did to my LS today,and yesterday and the day before...............loaded up and took the wife down to below Nashville for our great grandkid's baby shower totaling 1000 miles round trip.
Got back a few hours ago. The V8 LS with only 71K miles ran perfectly, AC on much of the way, and of course, UNpressurized cooling system with 60/40 ratio, so no concern for leaky Degas bottle or cooling system blow-ups. We were caught in 3 big traffic jams at Nashville yesterday, delaying us for hours.
Checked the Degas coolant level after all those miles....perfect! don-ohio :)^)

Hi!
Yesterday I was carpeting the subwoofer box,now I added a digital voltmeter (dsn-dvm-368 cheap one 0-30vdc).

I liked the finishing.

Cutting the carpet
subwoofer carpet (3).jpg

Gluing and finish
subwoofer carpet (5).jpg
subwoofer carpet (4).jpg

Digital Voltmeter
subwoofer carpet (1).jpg
subwoofer carpet (2).jpg

Best Regards!

By the way,The rat still living in the engine bay I couldn't catch it. :mad:
It was near the firewall then was hiding behind the engine until I turned the car on ,haha It jumped out the car.:shifty:

subwoofer carpet (1).jpg

subwoofer carpet (2).jpg

subwoofer carpet (3).jpg

subwoofer carpet (4).jpg

subwoofer carpet (5).jpg

changed oil and filter. new air and cabin filter. topped off hydro fan fluid, and checked brake / power steering fluids.
all good @ 117k miles.

Finally did that fuel filter...and now I'm trying to figure this out...

ef5a45ef104a1ddf84f97100644d5888.jpg
14228aee4cb99fa40c1d229a0e641960.jpg
1fd45b27b3c1ac56d795f48a10c4f2a0.jpg
2b9b156efa3d691adb2eba0c6df0132d.jpg
eb4f3fd067294a0559b132592c5720a1.jpg

However, the last owner took the cds out before my eyes when I bought the car that day. So I'm mot understanding the issue here. Its completely empty. I can even slide one inside...

Optical sensor failure (or other fault). Unfortunately, it's not unusual...

yup, Ford's 6 disc are one of the more prone to breaking changers out there. they can work one day, and then break the next day, and sometimes even work the following day...

Finally did that fuel filter...and now I'm trying to figure this out...

ef5a45ef104a1ddf84f97100644d5888.jpg
14228aee4cb99fa40c1d229a0e641960.jpg
1fd45b27b3c1ac56d795f48a10c4f2a0.jpg
2b9b156efa3d691adb2eba0c6df0132d.jpg
eb4f3fd067294a0559b132592c5720a1.jpg

However, the last owner took the cds out before my eyes when I bought the car that day. So I'm mot understanding the issue here. Its completely empty. I can even slide one inside...

you'll need this to fix

trashcan.jpg

trashcan.jpg

this is what a 20 thousand kilometer oil change looks like boys and girls... View attachment 828475930

Okay since no one else asked or taken the bait.... Why would you wait 20 kM (or 12.5 K miles) to change the oil in what ever that came out of? I don't care what oil you are using or what or how many oil filters you are using - have you ever heard of "cheap insurance"?

Okay since no one else asked or taken the bait.... Why would you wait 20 kM (or 12.5 K miles) to change the oil in what ever that came out of? I don't care what oil you are using or what or how many oil filters you are using - have you ever heard of "cheap insurance"?

I, of course, don't know if this oil came from one of them, but there are several cars that do have oil change intervals in the 10K to 15K mile (or one year, whichever comes first) range. I can understand the concern for this, but at 180K miles it doesn't seem to have made much difference to my 325i.

because i have 3 other cars that require my money and time.. the lincoln was bought about 7 months ago.. i have a bmw that takes all my money. but now with the new fuel filter,oil and oil filter the thing runs like new.

No one else? Look up to post 5009,Deacon. LOL! Mystic may have not only run it long,but maybe low too? Looks pretty burnt. Running low oil is harmful also. don-ohio :)^)

No one else? Look up to post 5009,Deacon. LOL! Mystic may have not only run it long,but maybe low too? Looks pretty burnt. Running low oil is harmful also. don-ohio :)^)

I ran mine from 192k to 214 once.. I was short on money and I refused to use anything but Mobil 1 fully synthetic. It has now somewhat around 240k. Its been parked for about 2 years now. Still cranks right up.. if you jump it of course.

Apparently my inspection was up in January. I took it today and failed. I forgot the whole system readiness thing would be a problem since I unplugged the battery to take the airbag out. Used Torque to see I had EGR, evap, and cats all not ready. EGR went green quickly once I got on the highway and the cats went green a block from my house. Turned around and went right back. By talking about the system readiness and how I already know all but one (evap) are good to go via my phone, the two guys started asking me about their car problems. One guy has a cat inefficiency code, won't pay $500 to replace the cat, the other guy can't get his Sears scanner to read his Mazda's CEL. O2 defoulers for the first guy, bluetooth OBD adapter + free apps (and possibly Forscan) for the second.

What a life I have with the LS. Random people want my number because I sound like I know what I'm talking about.

Any ideas why my evap system is never ready? No CEL, not even pending. It's been ongoing for the last few months at least. I'm not sure how long it's been not ready since I only recently checked.

Oh and my oil leak stopped after I put UV dye in. Go figure.

Its been parked for about 2 years now. Still cranks right up.. if you jump it of course.

Battery tender. I have the waterproof one running out of my garage and my LS has a semi-permanent cable hooked up to the fuse box with the lead coming out of the grille. No more worries until the battery or alternator actually die. Granted, if it's been sitting for 2 years, you're probably not all that concerned about saving the battery...

Members online

No members online now.
Back