What did you do to your LS today?

I've never had to reset the bulb out indicator...

just replace the bulb and the warning goes away...

also the headlights that are also monitored by the bulb check system, are user replaceable and the OM doesn't say anything about any reset procedure

and the liciense plate lights are not monitored by the bulb check system are also a "dealer only" repair.

Holy crap Loud1, he was joking, how did you not get that?

Holy crap Loud1, he was joking, how did you not get that?

More like sarcasm. After all, he looks for any reason to hate his LS.......

I've changed the rear bulbs multiple times. It isn't difficult by any means.

That looks like the Howard Franklund!

Yep! I drive across that GD bridge every single freaking miserable nauseating day M-F. I hate that bridge. LOL.

I actually got pulled over yesterday on the way from ST PETE to TAMPA by a Pinellas County officer. OOPS!

I was getting on 275 from Ulmerton and there was a HUGE Cadillac Escalade that kept pacing me while I was trying to merge. There was 2 cars in front of him. So I gunned it. Gunned it right up to 100. LOL.....I got over and then saw that I was also passing an officer. B R AAAA K E!

He wasn't having it. So I got pulled just passed the 4th street on ramp right before the bridge. He came up on the passenger side. I had all the windows rolled down and greeted him politely and immediately apologized for speeding. He asked why. So I explained the situation. He said "Worst excuse ever! Now drive safe and get outta here." LOL.

It was about 2 minutes from the time he hit his lights until I was pulling away. :facesjump

Just dropped off the wiper arms for sandblasting and powder coating.
Too lazy to properly prep them, and a proper rattle can job (etching primer, trim paint, clear) would cost just / almost as much in supplies anyway (~$22).

More like sarcasm. After all, he looks for any reason to hate his LS.......

I've changed the rear bulbs multiple times. It isn't difficult by any means.

Hang on, all I did was change the rear bulbs, which can happen on any car as bulbs are a wear item. Is this thread not titled What did you do to your LS today? That was what I did to my LS that day. It was Yay me because it was such a simple job it was almost not worth mentioning. And it generates a half page of thread. Amazing. Incidentally, there was no reset procedure or drive cycles involved, the alert just stopped appearing after the bulbs was replaced. This wasn't a transmission issue, you know.

also think its a little weird the the OM would tell you how to replace you high mounted 3rd brake light, but they some how think the rear tail lamps are beyond the common man...

I think the OM writers were told the target LS demographic would not own tools

Edit: unless the Gen 2 OM tells you how to replace the LED unit, which I assume is bolted in. In that case, weird

I think the OM writers were told the target LS demographic would not own tools

Edit: unless the Gen 2 OM tells you how to replace the LED unit, which I assume is bolted in. In that case, weird

yeah, it tells you how to replace the LED one, it says it should run for the life of the car but IF it needs replacing...

I don't see any older retired dude pulling down his head liner... hahaha

I'm sure they do own tools, they just are not the kind of people who get their hands dirty (anymore...) lol

^ As in, "Get someone else to do it, I'm retired!" LOL ... bought my father a shirt like that some time ago.

Poor Telco, no love! :p

Izzy, my folks snowbird 6 months out of the year on Ulmerton Road in Clearwater, I met Robot in that area for some drinks, next Christmas I make it down there, we'll have to meet up. I would be LS'less as it doesn't fit on a plane but I'm sure Robot would let me borrow his scooter! hehehe ....

Hang on, all I did was change the rear bulbs, which can happen on any car as bulbs are a wear item. Is this thread not titled What did you do to your LS today? That was what I did to my LS that day. It was Yay me because it was such a simple job it was almost not worth mentioning. And it generates a half page of thread. Amazing. Incidentally, there was no reset procedure or drive cycles involved, the alert just stopped appearing after the bulbs was replaced. This wasn't a transmission issue, you know.

My misinterpretation. You're correct; it is a very easy job. UNLESS, the sockets have gotten hard and brittle.

How many LVC members/posts to change a light bulb?

Are we cutting holes in the floor boards to get to it?

How many LVC members/posts to change a light bulb?

Are we cutting holes in the floor boards to get to it?
I see a politically incorrect joke in here somewhere. However, I will stand down for fear of them trying to remove my Robot Flag.

Haha, I'm actually politically incorrect exempt as I am "politically incorrect".

Finally got around to doing the annual summer detail :)
Cowl cover / trim piece was a little faded, but Forever Black worked very well on it.

Can't wait for the wiper arms to be ready (they're being sandblasted and powder coated).

galvorn_detail1.jpg

galvorn_detail2.jpg

damn, nice and very clean!

I was thinking about painting all of my plastics a glossy black, I have also though about trying something like Balc to Black or Forever Black... does it leave it feeling greasy or oily like armor-all does?

I think it depends on the exact material that you're applying it on, but Forever Black did not feel greasy to me.

I used to use Back to Black and did like it but it doesn't last for very long on anything exposed to the elements.
Hoping that Forever Black will be fare better. IIRC, Pektel uses Black Wow, not sure how that one is.

Also, this came in the mail :D

lvc_decal.jpg

cool man, thanks for the info. I think I'm going to give it a try before I paint them.

Put new shoes on the LS today a set of Continental Extreme Contact DWS, doing alignment tomorrow. I do have an important question though. I bought a 28 spline trak loc rebuilt it and am ready to put in. Is there actually a write up of how to install? I am not a mechanical idiot by any stretch but can only work on my own vehicle off the clock so I need as much time saving tips as are available. Pictures would be great and if you are interested in being a hero torque specs. I don't own a service manual yet. Car in question is a 01 v8 sport. Appreciate any help.

^ Amazing looking,
smiley-score010.gif
really like the look of your LS, reminds me of T-money's LS.

wanna trade?

Polishing DIP is doable yes?

Members online

No members online now.
Back