What did you do to your LS today?

What did i do to my LS today.....well i cleaned her up took all my belongings out and maybe cried a little inside , she was stamped totaled today by insurance , damn she was musty lol windows rolled up and nasty 2 week old water smell , time to look into a new car

been eyeing the 2011-2012 Dodge charger

Rented a 2013 V6, it was a fine car and felt just as fast as my V8 LS. The specs say the LS is a bit faster but they're close and the V6 got 5-6MPG better to boot. A V8 Charger would smoke the LS pretty badly. I'm looking at a Charger as an LS replacement myself, but not until this summer at the earliest.

Rented a 2013 V6, it was a fine car and felt just as fast as my V8 LS. The specs say the LS is a bit faster but they're close and the V6 got 5-6MPG better to boot. A V8 Charger would smoke the LS pretty badly. I'm looking at a Charger as an LS replacement myself, but not until this summer at the earliest.

Bought a Chrysler..... ONCE; and never again!!!!!! Long term it didn't do so well.....

Post-Fiat-merge Chrysler is supposed to be leaps and bounds better...

But "Chrysler" and "transmission" are two words I like to keep separate. We had a 95 Stratus for 7 years. I can still hear that downshift-to-1st-at-a-stop solenoid clicking like a card in the spokes in my sleep. And every other late 90s FWD Chrysler, too. Between that and the first-gen Chargers/300Cs (well I guess really 6th Gen) also having transmission problems, I'd be leery of 06-10 model years.

friend of mine rented a new Chrysler 200 the other day.
trans faulted and locked into 2nd gear.
neat way to try to drive down the highway.
later it decided it was ok to lock into 4th gear, so thats a little better.
but even so, nah, i ain't buying a chrysler.

I would buy another 2006 LS that's been well kept and drop $20,000 for upgrades to engine and suspension instead of buying a $60,000 Chrysler, BMW, Merc, Audi, or anything else. To me, the lighter weight and the familiarity of the LS is worth another $20,000.

Checked the oil and other fluids and tightened up the air intake clamps at the air filter box and throttle body.

Tip: I would suggest checking the tightness of the air intake clamps at the throttle body and the one that connects to the air filter box regularly. I don't know whether it is the air temperature in winter, plastic material creep under pressure from the clamps or both, but the connection to the filter box, between the the MAF and throttle body was pretty loose; one could move the joint back and forth. The car was running good overall (except for mpg), but I'm sure that any air leak, specially not measured by the MAF, will affect how well the engine runs.

My wife is now the primary driver of the LS and she makes many short trips shopping at various stores and most often in rush hour traffic. The mpg in winter is about 12mpg. When I was working and drove 10 miles one way to work in no traffic, suburban roads (35-50mph) and 12 traffic lights, I was getting 17.0mpg (with the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S Plus; 18.5mpg with OE Michelin Pilot MXM4). She also may have a heavier foot than me.

Fuel filter

uploadfromtaptalk1423428696965.jpg

My wife is now the primary driver of the LS and she makes many short trips shopping at various stores and most often in rush hour traffic. The mpg in winter is about 12mpg. When I was working and drove 10 miles one way to work in no traffic, suburban roads (35-50mph) and 12 traffic lights, I was getting 17.0mpg (with the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S Plus; 18.5mpg with OE Michelin Pilot MXM4). She also may have a heavier foot than me.

I'm quite surprised at the mileage I'm getting in the new car. I had to idle the engine for ~45 minutes to install the map upgrade (only $50 vs. the $200 NAVTEQ charged for their DVD. I also get ALL of North America!!) and with 99% in-town driving I'm getting 17+mpg!!

^^I was getting great fuel economy like that before I got the new tires.

Can you guys give me a hand with a few codes and what i can do to fix them? P0136 and B1287

so got my new car today , i loved my LS alot , and i will always admire a clean LS , but for now i bid you all farewell and Godspeed

say hello to my new sexy lady

2007 R/T

File0_038294_800600.jpg

Nothing wrong with that, nice ride!

Congrats on the break-away from the ailing LS, now don't let the door hit ya in the ass on the way out!

+1

I'm sure Chryslers just take the proper maintenance... How many non-Ford people bought LSes, fixed misfires one coil at a time and a 45mph buck, sold it, and said "One Lincoln was enough for me"

I'm sure Chryslers just take the proper maintenance... How many non-Ford people bought LSes, fixed misfires one coil at a time and a 45mph buck, sold it, and said "One Lincoln was enough for me"

For me, it was nothing to do with reliability or wear and tear. It had everything to do with how the car drove when new. I used to think those drivers were drunk or really bad. That Volare wandered all over the road. All the other ones that I saw were doing the same thing.

I have rented some Chryslers, including a Minivan last year. I haven't cared for any of them.

Finished replacing the solenoid and it did not correct my problem. 1-2, 2-3 and 3-4 shifts are very hard, bangs into gear almost like it has a shift kit except it also does it at just off idle acceleration. Almost every shift is a kick in the pants, occasionally it will shift properly and when it does it's always a surprise. It also takes two tries to actually get into third gear. Run it easy or hard, and the shift goes one, two, three-two-three, four, five. No codes are set, and the new solenoid is a new Ford part with assumed all updates included. Any ideas?

Nice car, and good luck to you ESP-J. I'm sure the forums will help you keep it in tip top shape, although I would look into a trans rebuild and would give the ball joints a good seeing to. The transmissions on those cars tend to have problems, and Dodge has ball joint problems at least with the trucks. IMO it's worth making sure they didn't use the same style ball joint in your car because the last thing you want to see is your car taking a bow on the side of the road. After you get the trans dealt with, time to start playing.

I cannot get the new wheel pics to load from my Android. Tell, would you do the honors for me?

Members online

No members online now.
Back