What did you do to your LS today?

Beautiful lower grill valence or whatever the official name is for it. I really want to black out the one on my car but wonder if it will turn out nice. (its pear white but I'm going for the black and white theme) DSCN7402.jpg

This was in reply to Ls4me's for sale picture...

DSCN7402.jpg

Last edited:
LOL - momma's van and my son's Mustang.....dad's cars left out in the cold most of the time.

Yeah mines out in the driveway here in Texas, no fear of the cold weather getting to it but the 110 heat is not good for the paint either! Got a bunch of mowing equipment in the garage and upon buying the LS, I have started thinking about the value of putting mowers in storage. Problem is that they don't make the storage units big enough to back a loaded trailer into daily. Looks like the LS stays outside with a cover!

The Land Yacht had her right tail light assembly removed, water drained, and the small holes/cracks covered with packing tape. Ordered a used replacement part to avoid risking (further?) light socket corrosion. The cheapest NOS one listed online was $280, so when I saw a used one that was mismarked, I snagged it. Noted that this assembly has never been removed since new and wiring looks brand new. Bulbs were slightly dusty, which is troubling.

Transferred title, paid use tax, registered, and officially insured. New plates are in the trunk waiting to be installed.

She received her first bath since she has been in my possession after the above was completed.

138,009ish....

Cool, I have 179300Kms (111412mi) on my 01 BUT that's from not driving it as the Loud1 would quickly point out!

GLWS

Transferred title, paid use tax, registered ... received her first bath since she has been in my possession ...

Welcome to LS ownership (keep smiling), pics?

Welcome to LS ownership (keep smiling), pics?
How couldn't you smile with a car this right? I'm falling in love with it. It is almost certainly on the way to being a garage queen once my new car arrives.

Some quick snaps this morning:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422972522.070685.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422972533.097028.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422972540.369919.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422972547.808240.jpg
I also did a light once-over of the steering wheel and surrounding areas. I have 22.3mpg since my last fill, w00t!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422972948.084923.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422972956.356881.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422972522.070685.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422972533.097028.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422972540.369919.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422972547.808240.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422972948.084923.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422972956.356881.jpg

Yeah you smiling now, that'll chance don't you worry about that!

Does that read 260465 or 26046.5 miles on that dash?

EDIT: NVM just read your other post, "(just under 26k)" Wow! for a 2000 LS, not bad at all. good find!

Yeah you smiling now, that'll chance don't you worry about that!

Does that read 260465 or 26046.5 miles on that dash?

EDIT: NVM just read your other post, "(just under 26k)" Wow! for a 2000 LS, not bad at all. good find!
Yeah, she turned up when I was searching for a beater. I was looking at a wide variety of options and when this one turned up I had to look at it. Went way above my original budget to get her, but one test drive was enough. The former owner was a retiree that bought it new and kept it up without consideration for the costs (it had a lot of "sitting" problems (fuel system, transmission), numerous coolant changes, etc). The person that inherited it just saw it as an old car, so they wanted to get rid of it... All they did was replace the battery to get the car going, got a cheap oil change (which I'll get re-done later this week with Mobil 1...do people still put conventional oil in anything these days?!), got it an emissions test (which I don't need where I live, but is required where they live), and they found a rearview mirror for it (something some other potential buyer balked at). They also ran it into their garage at least once and I'm 95% sure they broke the tail light. I don't think the original owner would have not fixed that stuff nor would he have ever sold her - she was clearly his baby.

How couldn't you smile with a car this right? I'm falling in love with it. It is almost certainly on the way to being a garage queen once my new car arrives.

Some quick snaps this morning:
View attachment 828471412
View attachment 828471413
View attachment 828471414
View attachment 828471415
I also did a light once-over of the steering wheel and surrounding areas. I have 22.3mpg since my last fill, w00t!
View attachment 828471417
View attachment 828471418

Nice Miles! like the color too.

... All they did was replace the battery to get the car going, ...

Make sure they used the correct battery. The correct battery will have a single vent tube connection, and a small hose will be attached to it that exits the car. This is for safety (the trunk vents to the cabin, hydrogen is explosive) and to reduce corrosion in the trunk (where there is some electrical distribution and some electronic modules).

Make sure they used the correct battery. The correct battery will have a single vent tube connection, and a small hose will be attached to it that exits the car. This is for safety (the trunk vents to the cabin, hydrogen is explosive) and to reduce corrosion in the trunk (where there is some electrical distribution and some electronic modules).
... and this is why I join fora for cars I own. Will check that at lunch today.

If it doesn't have a vent attached, where should I seek one of these batteries out at?

Thank you!

...If it doesn't have a vent attached, where should I seek one of these batteries out at?

Thank you!

It used to be that a Ford/Lincoln/Mercury dealer was almost the only place you could get them. Surprisingly, they had/have them at comparable prices to the local auto stores. Recently, I have seen the correct battery at Sam's Club, so they may be available just about anywhere now.

It used to be that a Ford/Lincoln/Mercury dealer was almost the only place you could get them. Surprisingly, they had/have them at comparable prices to the local auto stores. Recently, I have seen the correct battery at Sam's Club, so they may be available just about anywhere now.
I'm a little surprised that the batteries are rare, considering most BMW and Mercedes-Benz cars have them, but they also have electronics that will be destroyed by the wrong one if you're not careful. They're very rare in domestic cars, of course.

I'm a little surprised that the batteries are rare, considering most BMW and Mercedes-Benz cars have them, but they also have electronics that will be destroyed by the wrong one if you're not careful. They're very rare in domestic cars, of course.

I can't speak for Mercedes, but the BMW batteries aren't quite the right size/shape, and their vent connection is a much smaller tube. Maybe you could fashion some sort of adapter, but it wouldn't be a plug-n-play drop-in.

IMT O-RINGS replace

What I'm planning to do tomorrow......THANKS to N8bachelor and others chiming in. I'm gonna replace my Intake Manifold Tuning valves' O-RINGS to stop an annoying oil burnt smell coming into the cabin. Wish me success! BTW,here's the part number Ford recognizes for the O-RING.
87072-S91 don-ohio :)^)

Today's list:
- Cleaned windows inside and out.
- Cleaned brake dust off wheels.
- Attempted to replace interior mirror. Failed to get it off. Will take to a mechanic or windshield place soon.
- Applied Rain-X to all front windows as a test. When applying to the windshield, I didn't apply it over the rain sensor.
- Replaced wiper blades.
- Installed plates.

Getting a lot closer to my usual standards...

What did i do to my LS today.....well i cleaned her up took all my belongings out and maybe cried a little inside , she was stamped totaled today by insurance , damn she was musty lol windows rolled up and nasty 2 week old water smell , time to look into a new car

been eyeing the 2011-2012 Dodge charger

- Attempted to replace interior mirror. Failed to get it off. Will take to a mechanic or windshield place soon.

There's a trick to it.

Place the interior rear view mirror in the full DOWN position. Pull upward until released.

What did i do to my LS today.....well i cleaned her up took all my belongings out and maybe cried a little inside , she was stamped totaled today by insurance , damn she was musty lol windows rolled up and nasty 2 week old water smell , time to look into a new car

been eyeing the 2011-2012 Dodge charger

Sorry to hear, good luck with the new car

Oh, just a little small set of wheels for it. ;)

20x9 inch fronts....20x10 inch rears.

10's in the rear? ahhh we gonna need pics of that or not happening!

welcome back btw

Just pulled the trigger on a pair of bassani universal mufflers....you guys are a terrible influence on me :)

did rear console power point, leather shift boot, and upgraded cup holders
on my 1st gen.

10987457_10206195731795212_5890236409103583311_n.jpg

I know you guys like this look. But I feel like it's too puffy. I makes me think of those Victorian poofy dresses. Just IMO. I'm glad that you do what you like though.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Members online

Back