What did you do to your LS today?

What brand are you using??? I would go with a different manufacturer!! Three failures is a bit ridiculous, IMHO!

They weren't the same window. Driver rear, then driver front, then passenger front. So far as I know the two driver sides were the factory ones, the passenger front had been replaced once before from the debris in the door.

They weren't the same window. Driver rear, then driver front, then passenger front. So far as I know the two driver sides were the factory ones, the passenger front had been replaced once before from the debris in the door.

Got it.

You can also see, some members including myself, were able to correct the 3-2 issue by means of fixing the brittle wires on that connector but others have had to replace the clock spring. LSFrank, mentioned it went away went he reposition the steering wheel, which further tells me he will not be able to fix this at the connector below the drivers seat.
Spoke too soon. I think I just didn't drive it long enough for the system to register the issue because it comes on about 5-10 minutes after starting the car. Down the rabbit hole I go...

What's most upsetting is I had just planned my time to go after my other car's CEL for an open O2 circuit. The constant-positive wire on HO2S 2-1 is giving negative power. So now do I drive without an airbag to fix the pollution? Drive at 12mpg to fix the airbag? Attempt both at the same time and end up not solving either? Forget both and continue with paint and the LED conversion?

(relax, I'm going after the airbag first)

(relax, I'm going after the airbag first)

Why? Have you ever been in an accident where an airbag would have saved your bacon? Don't wear a seat belt? Fix the engine problem before it turns into an even bigger problem!!!!!

Why? Have you ever been in an accident where an airbag would have saved your bacon? Don't wear a seat belt? Fix the engine problem before it turns into an even bigger problem!!!!!

I have been in three serious car totalling accidents setting off air bags, just walked right away with a few glass scratches and a little sore the next day every time, so to me, they are doing their job... when it comes to potentially life SAVING items (which could be yours or worse somebody elses) I think I will try to keep them functional.

I have been in three serious car totalling accidents setting off air bags, just walked right away with a few glass scratches and a little sore the next day every time, so to me, they are doing their job... when it comes to potentially life SAVING items (which could be yours or worse somebody elses) I think I will try to keep them functional.

WOW!!!!! And I thought people in The People's Republik were bad drivers!! And I don't mean you!

I've been in one accident. I slid in the snow, started fishtailing like a naive teen, and got extraordinarily lucky when I did crash that I ended up between trees.. sort of. I hit a stump and rode up it on the engine subframe. It punched my aftermarket fog light into the condenser and cracked my radiator tank (plastic on the side). The bumper was intact besides a crack along the bottom. The car was drivable, but it was stuck with the front wheels off the ground and had to be pulled off.

Now I have that sinking feeling :(

I'd like my airbags to work, especially considering the LS is always asking to go a little bit faster. It's not just mine, right?

Anyway, to be quite Frank, I know me and I'm going to go after both cars at the same time. The CEL isn't major. When the O2 sensors don't heat up, the system just ignores them and runs in open loop mode, which is the same as when the sensors haven't warmed up yet or you floor it. The biggest issue is reduced fuel economy

I've avoided 6 collisions with this LS since I've had her, Sign of The Cross(the Roman Catholic way). I've avoided 3 collisions with my 1st gen when I had her. If I ever get new wheels, I think ill get center caps with the official Papal insignia. Then, I will take the car and have it blesses by the Bishop.

The biggest issue is reduced fuel economy

The biggest issue is the rich fuel/air mix burning the cats out. Luckily, all it will require is either a new O2 sensor or a little wiring work, most likely a new O2 sensor. You can verify this by swapping the left and the right front sensors. If the problem follows you need a new sensor, if it doesn't you need to find the open in the wiring.

The biggest issue is the rich fuel/air mix burning the cats out. Luckily, all it will require is either a new O2 sensor or a little wiring work, most likely a new O2 sensor. You can verify this by swapping the left and the right front sensors. If the problem follows you need a new sensor, if it doesn't you need to find the open in the wiring.

As it turns out, the wiring is fine. I only checked the H+ wire with the ignition off before. It's supposed to be always hot, but apparently isn't. With the ignition on, it gives 12v. The PCM, on the other hand, is sending the same voltage; ground with ignition off, positive with ignition on. This is done measuring the harness with the sensor unplugged, so I'm not just reading voltage across the heater element. O2 plug to PCM pin has perfect continuity. I think it's time to just take the car to the dealer/work. If I need a PCM, I'll need it to be flashed for PATS.

If the wiring is fine why can't it be the sensor? They don't last forever. Or am I missing something???

...I only checked the H+ wire with the ignition off before. It's supposed to be always hot, but apparently isn't. ...

Says who? My wiring diagrams show it as "hot in start or run." Also, I think that the sensor may need to be plugged in for the PCM to turn the ground on, on the negative heater wire.

Says who? My wiring diagrams show it as "hot in start or run." Also, I think that the sensor may need to be plugged in for the PCM to turn the ground on, on the negative heater wire.

My Haynes manual. It's my 97 Taurus, not my LS

lol found this while inspecting my LS today. I remember fighting this bolt that day, decided to come back to it. guess I forgot :rolleyes:

IMG_20141005_130831747.jpg

IMG_20141005_130831747.jpg

Ordered new Front Bumper Valance Panel (P/N -17626) on Monday morning, was ready for pick up today. (Tuesday) :confused:

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Cheap ... well worth it, old one was all beaten up, couple of tabs broken.

- Couldn't get new Emblem though, have to buy whole grille or rear surround.

- Also no longer able to get back up lamps for 01, no longer in service, will search eBay for new ones.

- Also not able to purchase trunk lid arm rubber bump stops, must buy whole new arm, no thanks! will Macgyver something.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

As it turns out, the wiring is fine. I only checked the H+ wire with the ignition off before. It's supposed to be always hot, but apparently isn't. With the ignition on, it gives 12v. The PCM, on the other hand, is sending the same voltage; ground with ignition off, positive with ignition on. This is done measuring the harness with the sensor unplugged, so I'm not just reading voltage across the heater element. O2 plug to PCM pin has perfect continuity. I think it's time to just take the car to the dealer/work. If I need a PCM, I'll need it to be flashed for PATS.

That's an awful lot of hassle and money for someone who hasn't flipped the sensors yet, which is a test that is free of charge.

All that money vs a half hour with an 18mm wrench...

Really not finish today took more than a month testing this system before sharing it and so far so good.
Auto Remote Passive Keyless Entry PKE Car + Button Start Smart System
http://r.ebay.com/OeTBLO

Nice! That's probably my new favorite mod for the LS.

As for me, all I've done recently is give the car a good wash yesterday, then take it for a nice long drive today. Here's the result:
2014-10-13 19.47.38 (800x600).jpg

Please excuse the crappy photo. It was dark when I got home, so I used the light from the headlights reflecting off of the wall of my garage to take the picture.

2014-10-13 19.47.38 (800x600).jpg

Members online

No members online now.
Back