What did you do to your LS today?

You should know the drill........ Pics or you have a Crayolla!! :p :lol:

Ask and you shall receive...a crappy photo haha
0920141925.jpg

0920141925.jpg

New tires are on, and a fresh alignment. No reports on either yet, the tire shop is a 3 mile drive for me, all straight roads, 40MPH. The car doesn't bounce nearly as bad as it used to over the speed bumps in my neighborhood though, and it's a lot quieter. Hankook Ventus tires is what was on there, and I haven't really liked them from the get-go but the car seems to like the Continental PureContacts so far. No report on the Deeza rear links that are supposed to not have the passive rear steering yet either, but I'll be doing a lot of driving tomorrow so we'll see how they do then.

For now, it's off to the Silverado, going to try and get the new engine mounted in the bay today.

Before I put on the chin spoiler and took off the pinstripe (only to find out it was used as a border for a repaint). I also took a slice out of the picture to drop it about 1.5", as well as clean up some colorization. That rail road sign was shining with the sunset right behind me. I'll do it over with the spoiler and hopefully a couple more pieces in my "front end appearance package"

qrm60ln.png

Turns out I mixed up this thread with the picture thread. Anyway, I thought you guys would like to see I fit the factory chin thingy on after the chin spoiler. I mounted the spoiler to the bumper, then cut any vertical parts off of the factory piece. Ihad to cut into both pieces to make them fit together and it's not that pretty on the inside, but I don't care. I got the spoiler on and retained the factory splash guard mountings. I can't find the internal picture right now

P9018495.jpg

P9018495.jpg

What that set you back ? (I'll be looking to do the same eventually)

What that set you back ? (I'll be looking to do the same eventually)

Insurance baby, insurance!! If you're paying out of pocket most (USA) glass companies will give the insurance company price. IIRC, my insurance (USAA) pays a little over $100 for the windshield. Typically glass with the rain sensor costs a bit more.

Nice, very fair price! Did you check the brand of it, it's seated good? no noise at increased speeds?

Drove the car around with the wife in it today, so I wasn't able to push it hard. Seems to handle quite a bit better with the new links. I'll have an opportunity to push it hard tomorrow, so I'll be able to see how it does with the Deeza no-passive-steering-having links.

The Continental PureContacts are quieter than the Hankooks that were on it and the ride is a lot better with them. They are doing a better job of absorbing shock than the Hankooks ever did, and they were pretty new to the car when I first bought it. The PureContacts also rated pretty high on Tire Rack for all weather conditions including ice and snow. Anyone looking for a new all weather tire for their LS, so far I can recommend these tires.

continental_PureContact_23.jpg

Who was that flying down 435 around Holmes rd in white LS? Could of slowed down and waved. ..lol

Drove the car around with the wife in it today, so I wasn't able to push it hard. Seems to handle quite a bit better with the new links. I'll have an opportunity to push it hard tomorrow, so I'll be able to see how it does with the Deeza no-passive-steering-having links.

The Continental PureContacts are quieter than the Hankooks that were on it and the ride is a lot better with them. They are doing a better job of absorbing shock than the Hankooks ever did, and they were pretty new to the car when I first bought it. The PureContacts also rated pretty high on Tire Rack for all weather conditions including ice and snow. Anyone looking for a new all weather tire for their LS, so far I can recommend these tires.

continental_PureContact_23.jpg

Did some spirited driving yesterday on my way into work including a highway on ramp that has multiple sharp curves. It's handling a lot better and the car's track feels a lot more predictable with the new rear links. The rear doesn't feel like it's trying to steer at all now. I like it a lot better because before it felt like when I was taking a hard left turn the rear was trying to run to the right, and vice versa. Still have a bit of vibration while running down the road though, thinking it's time for shocks all the way around.

1) Terribly sorry for the pic whorin' can't help myself.

2) Not what I did to my LS today but what someone else is doing for me.

3) Didn't get these pics unloaded from my cell until today. (time management issue)

1.jpg

2.jpg
~ tow hook cover molded into bumper cover.

3.jpg
~ side markers deleted

4.jpg
~ 2nd GEN fog lamp alteration

5.jpg

6.jpg
~Mlara's old McLaren Grille (subjected to aircraft paint remover, destroyed but salvaged)

7.jpg
~ minor aluminum trunk lid corrosion repair.

8.jpg
~ all the inner grille will be done in flat black even into/around the fog lamp outline.

9.jpg

10.jpg
~ stock top portion of grille got refreshed also. ~ LSE spoiler repaired.

11.jpg
~ needs wet sanding and polishing. plenty of clear on it.

... then it will be time to start putting it all back on the LS. Wheels back on, off the stands and a trip to the wheel&tire shop to get the front OEM sports shock put on the front, 4 wheel alignment and then followed by a visit to different muffler shop to have the most rear part of my Bassani exhaust redone.

Ughhh the list is never done, this winter, back in storage and lots of interior work to do, possible even Timing chain and tensioners.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

... It's handling a lot better and the car's track feels a lot more predictable with the new rear links. The rear doesn't feel like it's trying to steer at all now. I like it a lot better ...

Great news, thanks Telco, I'm glad to hear the DEEZA end links are working for ya, I've got mine in and can't wait to try them out as well.

I still need to find some time to hit mine with some rattle can clear as I learned from another member here that they rust out rather quickly.
I'm gonna get mine aligned then cover them in clear. I'm off the stands soon I hope.

Great news, thanks Telco, I'm glad to hear the DEEZA end links are working for ya, I've got mine in and can't wait to try them out as well.

I still need to find some time to hit mine with some rattle can clear as I learned from another member here that they rust out rather quickly.
I'm gonna get mine aligned then cover them in clear. I'm off the stands soon I hope.

They also only come with the nut on the interior mount point, but not the nut and bolt for the wheel side of the link. Mine were fine so I reused them with Loktite on the nut, but if yours are rusted due to your climate you'll want to get a new set of nuts and bolts before you start. I also used the old nut on the interior link as a jam nut against the new nut, which also protects the rest of the threads on the interior mount point.

When you have the old link off, you can slide both the old and new links onto one of the wheel side nuts to lock them together, then adjust the new link to match the old link's length. You'll have to eyeball the links to match up the mounting face, not the length of the link because the threaded portions aren't quite the same. Trying to match the exact length at the edge of the threads will put you way out. Doing it like this meant I had the alignment almost perfect according to the before and after measurements from the alignment shop.

Members online

Back