what color 06 is this?

Long_Island_LS

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
...is this cashmere or ceramic white? :confused:

...im struggling deciding between silver birch and ceramic white for an 06. Im partial to silver because of my 02...but i really liked the silver frost, not so much on the silver birch - it looks like a "dirty silver". But Im afraid the ceramic white looks "tan-ish" or "custard" in the sunlight though...like this one below...or is this one cashmere tri-coat?

Im still leaning toward silver though :(

...I wish they made decent colors for the genII :mad:

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

to me it looks like pudding :( ...i wish they made alpine white like the new BMWs, that would be sexxyy :D

...but no, for the genIIs we get the wonderful colors of...

Custard = Cashmere Clearcoat Tri-Coat
Pudding = Ceramic White Pearlescent CC Tri-Coat
Dirt = Charcoal Beige Clearcoat Metallic
Burnt Raspberry = Dark Cherry Clearcoat Metallic
Sand = Light French Silk Clearcoat Metallic
Turquoise = Light Tundra Clearcoat Metallic
Old People Silver = Pewter Clearcoat Metallic
Dirty Silver = Silver Birch Clearcoat Metallic

...and these two I actually like, but i wouldnt own either...
Vivid Red Clearcoat = cop magnet
Metallic Black Clearcoat = impossible to keep clean

I have a Cashmere 06. At some angles, the pictures you have look like it, but at other angles it doesn't. (Sorry, I know this doesn't help you.)

Yum, pudding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In the sun

brakesandgrilles043.jpg

Less sun,

DSCN0220.jpg

Looks like ceramic white. (F6) Ceramic white looks great in pictures, but must be seen in person to be fully appreciated. It's an incredible paint job and the sun at different times of day brings out all kinds of richness in it.

dusk.jpg

Yum, pudding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In the sun

brakesandgrilles043.jpg

Less sun,

DSCN0220.jpg

Alex, its shots like these that make me consider the ceramic white :D

...any more in the sun?? ...love those volvo wheels btw

...on another note, dont we have enough ceramic white 06's on here already??...i count at least 3 (rod,alex,marla), each one complete with angel eyes...i think theres only one or two silver birch 06s...

I think that color is called "buy it" :D

this coming from someone with a "SILVER" BMW..a really freag'n nice 550 none the less... :D yea, ok

Looks like ceramic white. (F6) Ceramic white looks great in pictures, but must be seen in person to be fully appreciated. It's an incredible paint job and the sun at different times of day brings out all kinds of richness in it.

...lookin good with the LSE grille trifelife!

My non-biased opinion.

06 LS in Tundra is sexy as hell :D

No such thing as too many :D

Calendar.jpg

I need to take some new pictures with my Tucanas on.

this coming from someone with a "SILVER" BMW..a really freag'n nice 550 none the less... :D yea, ok

...lookin good with the LSE grille trifelife!

Thanks! Been looking for a LSE bumper forever and fear I'll never find one. Or when I do I won't have the money.

It looks like cashmere to me. I have that color car, it wouldn't have been my first choice but it has grown on me. I think it looks regal.

Also, I too hunger for the lse grille but none to be found.

You don't want a white LS. White is too damn boring man.

Edit: meant bmw white

No such thing as too many :D

...you sire have a sexy white LS too...ive looked at your little "photo shoot" quite a few times recently, but your LS seems really white in those pics...and honestly, if it was that white in person id be sold on it...but im skeptical :shifty:

I was serious. It's a nice lookin' LS. :)

agreed...but how about i get a nice ceramic white LS and we trade? :D
...my mechanic is a BMW fanatic, and Im slowly converting... just too damn expensive right now :(

You don't want a white LS. White is too damn boring man.

Edit: meant bmw white

...you suree Edgar? lol ...ive seen quite a few sexy white BMW 5-series driving around :)

That car is cashmere. There is a ceramic white one in Wisconsin with gray leather like you wanted. But I bet Wisconsin is to far for you.

That car is cashmere. There is a ceramic white one in Wisconsin with gray leather like you wanted. But I bet Wisconsin is to far for you.

^ this is the exact car thats making me seriously consider ceramic white :D...T-Money, you are right on lol... it has every option i must have and is a certified carfax one owner with 37k...sounds like a definite possibility...yea, wisconsin is a little far, but for exactly what i want im willing to travel ...theres that silver birch/black leather one in wisconsin too...but i think the black leather will disappoint me when compared to the grey :(

...i was hoping the car i posted pictures of was cashmere...im really not fond of that color, the pictures make it look so "creamy"... i dont want that, however ceramic white is looking like the best bet. ive seen a few silver birch LS's driving around (no 06s, but 03-05 and some 02s) and they have a very dull appearance to say the least...overall im still undecided, but that wisconsin car is really nice!

Yea. That one above is cashmere. That one in Wisconsin though is the ceramic. And if it's exactly what u Want. And damn those miles are low. It may be worth the trip. I would choose the ceramic over the cashmere. But both are attractive to me.

Its cashmere not ceramic white cause ceramic white is like really bright white I seen one at a Sheetz like 2 weeks ago and was drooling over it. In my opinion the ceramic white, cashmere and vivid red are the best colors on the 06. Just with they made the 06 in autumn red metallic.

Yea. That one above is cashmere. That one in Wisconsin though is the ceramic. And if it's exactly what u Want. And damn those miles are low. It may be worth the trip. I would choose the ceramic over the cashmere. But both are attractive to me.

I hear what your are saying 100%. I have it down to silver birch or ceramic white...and those are the only two colors ill consider lol.

There is a ceramic white 06 for sale locally (well almost locally...about 40 miles away) and i plan to check it out next week and see the color in person before i call about the one in wisconsin. Ill keep you posted because i might need an opinion about if that car is worth it before i make the trip to go see it - you seem to be getting the hang of this cross-country search for an LS :D

I hear what your are saying 100%. I have it down to silver birch or ceramic white...and those are the only two colors ill consider lol.

There is a ceramic white 06 for sale locally (well almost locally...about 40 miles away) and i plan to check it out next week and see the color in person before i call about the one in wisconsin. Ill keep you posted because i might need an opinion about if that car is worth it before i make the trip to go see it - you seem to be getting the hang of this cross-country search for an LS :D

Haha. It's not just cross country for the LS. Basically when I decide I want a car and know exactly what I want it does not matter where it's at. Because knowing me to find the exact car is not easy so when one comes up its worth the trip. I just got back from Cali buying my summer cruiser. Drove it back. It was a 2051 mile drive. I'm still hunting for an aviator. But again there is not one for sale on the market right now that is exactly how I want. I'll wait and when it comes up or sale you can guarantee I'll be on a plane.

And you know I'm on my 4th ls. First was from Kansas city. Next was from Pennsylvania the Iowa and last one is from my home state Illinois. Next one will hopefully be from a southern or west state.

Last edited:

Members online

Back