What am I Missing? Lincoln Mark VIII on eBay

has the same weird stains my carpet has, i have no idea what is up with those.

That engine bay is filthy, I doubt there has ever been any service done to it besides the oil changed maybe once every 10k miles...:shifty:

The trunk is pretty gross, center cap is missing, rear window seal has been replaced with that adhesive (and that looks to have been done poorly,) door panel is seperating and fairly dirty, carpet is stained in a few places, in fact the whole thing could use a good cleaning, drivers seat leather is pretty bad off, steering wheel looks like its color is coming off in several spots, and the antenna is aimed at about a 40* angle from upright.

I didn't list the engine bay being dirty, because who cares. The only part of my engine bay that's clean is where coolant sprayed when the water pump O-ring decided it didn't want to seal anymore.

If you don't care about the way your engine bay looks you most likely don't care about keeping your engine in tip top shape by definition.

98LSC32V said:
If you don't care about the way your engine bay looks you most likely don't care about keeping your engine in tip top shape by definition.
Not really true, a daily driver certainly gets dirty under the hood fast. Caring for it doesn't mean always cleaning it. If he took a can of engine cleaner to it before trying to sell it that means he took care of it????

02LSE96LSC91SE84TC said:
Not really true, a daily driver certainly gets dirty under the hood fast. Caring for it doesn't mean always cleaning it. If he took a can of engine cleaner to it before trying to sell it that means he took care of it????
It takea A LOT more than a can of engine cleaner to get our engine bays clean. Oh and when I work in my engine bay, I like it to be clean. Makes it a lot easier to work.

MarkVIII93 said:
It takea A LOT more than a can of engine cleaner to get our engine bays clean. Oh and when I work in my engine bay, I like it to be clean. Makes it a lot easier to work.
Agreed maybe more than a can of foamy, but my point is a car can be cared for even if the engine bay is kinda dirty.

I do 30k a year, usually the majority of that is on one car, the rest are toys and see few miles. My LSE is getting pretty dusty dirty under the hood and I take care of it just fine, hasn't needed anything yet.

What r u guys talking about? The engine is just a little bit dusty looking. No big deal!

mespock said:
Ok.... I've seen what I thought a lot worse and people asking for a lot more.

Yep, so have I. But you did ask what you might be missing... :p In fact I bought my Mark in probably worse shape (bad clearcoat, bad air suspension & no grille.) Once I was done fixing the air suspension I was almost at $2k. I'm not saying it's a bad deal, just that it DOES have stuff wrong with it.

The Interior/exterior Sucks Thats Why!...and It A 95..miles Arent Too Bad...i Guess It's Ok For The Mechanic's Special...whoops Did I Say A Bad Word?

It's a Diamond in the rough, all that is wrong with it can be cleaned or fixed, the wheels suck but can be replaced. If i had the money i would buy it.

02LSE96LSC91SE84TC said:

AHAAA...ENGINE CLEANER...MY FAVORITE TOOL..WHEN SELLIN CARS-IT WORKS EVERYTIME!!!...(THAT NASTY DEVIL IN A CAN,THAT MAKES BUYERS LOOK LIKE "WOW THIS ENGINE'S CLEAN...I'LL BUY IT 'ILL PUT DOWN $500 RIGHT NOW..-"OK IT'S YOURS"! LOL...SUCKER! :p HEHEHE)))

ANYHOW-AT LEAST YOU CAN SEE IF THERES ANY OIL SEEPIN OUT OF THE HEADS AND OTHER GASKETS...THATS WHEN YOU KNOW IF THAT PERSON TAKES CARE OF THE CAR...MATTER OF FACT AFTER READING MAKES ME WANNA GO SPAYIN SOME RIGHT NOW AND GET DIRTY..HEY CLEANIN ENGINES IS NO FUN NOR A CLEAN JOB!BUT IT HAS TO GET DONE! THATS MY OPINION ON THAT ;)

OH NO DOUBT IT CAN BE FIXED BUT IT TAKES THE RIGHT PERSON WITH THE RIGHT MONEY TO COME AROUND AND SAY HEY I CAN PLAY WITH THIS AND GET LOTSA MILES OUTTA IT...Shhhit,if It Was A 98..i'd Jump..but Then Again Im Not A Green/teal Person...lol,I SIMPLY THINK THAT COLOR TOO HAS ISSUES WHEN ON THE MARKET..I KNOW WHEN I SELL CARS WHITE IS MY PROBLEM..IT'S SOMETHING THAT ME AND WHITE CARS DONT GET ALONG WELL..THEY TAKE TOO LONG TO SELL FOR CHRIST SAKE FOR SOME REASON..COMPARED TO A BLUE OR GREY OR RED AND BLK,I BEEN VERY SUCCESSFUL WITH THOSE...

A good detailer could spend a few hours, or a day, and flip this vehicle for a decent profit. I wouldn't want it for a keeper, but it could be a money maker with little expense and a little sweat equity.

they ended the listing, then relisted for $4899.00. What a joke, think they might be on here listening to everyone.

Members online

No members online now.
Back