Well.....Looking into an LS...

speedy_2

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Been awhile since I've been here. Had a '98 STS a long time ago. Now looking for a car again and I see a 2002 LS V8 at a lot last night. 33,000 miles!! Thoughts on these cars? What should I look for? ETC? Their asking price is $10,900ish?

Been awhile since I've been here. Had a '98 STS a long time ago. Now looking for a car again and I see a 2002 LS V8 at a lot last night. 33,000 miles!! Thoughts on these cars? What should I look for? ETC? Their asking price is $10,900ish?

etc is only on the 03 and ups, 11K is what i paid for my 03 over two years ago

Go to kbb.com and fill out the info under "trade in value". That will tell you what the car is actually worth in your area. The ACV actual cash value. Use that when dealing with a sales rep. i usually try to buy as near to the ACV as possible (within 1000) but I really do my homework when buying used.

Sorry, by ETC I meant, "et cetera." lol.

ha ha sorry, thats good stuff, I so thought you where talking about the Electronic Throttle Control.

if you thinking about getting one for around that price, i would definitley check out a 2nd gen LS (03+) as there where many changes that made them even better including more power

Might be an lse. Really low miles but price still seems high.. +1 on a gen2, I love mine.

Now whats wrong with the 1st gen ls, i personally love mine. I have a 02 v8 sport and actually dont like a lot of the changes that the 2nd gen ones got

Now whats wrong with the 1st gen ls, i personally love mine. I have a 02 v8 sport and actually dont like a lot of the changes that the 2nd gen ones got

You don't like more power? :D That's my main issue with 1st gens...250 vs 280hp. That and the center console is nicer on gen2.

You don't like more power? :D That's my main issue with 1st gens...250 vs 280hp. That and the center console is nicer on gen2.

Let's not forget cooled front seats, auto up and down for both front windows, ..

Now whats wrong with the 1st gen ls

there is nothing wrong with a 1st gen, but there is a ton of improvements that come along with a 2nd gen

i personally love mine.

i loved my 1st gen too, however i love my 2nd gen way more

I have a 02 v8 sport and actually dont like a lot of the changes that the 2nd gen ones got

spoken like somebody that doesn't own a 2nd gen,

i have owned both, and there is no contest between the two, everything that bugged me about my first ls was addressed and fixed

the 1st gen center console is absolutely horrible and useless due to the hand brake (and if you have a auto, it is completely pointless)
2nd gen: fixed, huge adjustable center console

it would always drive me crazy when i would leave a drive up window that you had to hold the window button until the window was all the way up, while checking to make sure the food was right,
2nd gen: fixed auto down AND up front power windows

2nd gen = more power, who doesnt want more power, i'll tell you who, Communist and Nazi's, thats who.

2nd gen = cooled seats, who wants sweaty balls in the summer, not this guy.

2nd gen = rear exhaust cutouts, 1st gen turn downs are just lame.

1st gens have one setting for the heated seats, balls out hot for ten minutes.
2nd gen: fixed, three different levels of heat that stay on as long as you want, not to mention the auto setting that regulates the temp of the seat to the climate controls setting

has anybody with a second gen locked there keys in there car?
nope, keyless entry pad on the drivers door

2nd gen = three power ports, some times you just need to charge some sh!t up at the same time

2nd gen (03 & 04) have extended coverage on the coils, this alone is a good enough reason to get one

there have been a few people that has owned a 1st gen and loved it enough to get a newer on, but i haven't heard of anyone yet that has traded in their 2nd gen and gone out and bought a 1st gen

i have owned both, and there is no contest between the two, everything that bugged me about my first ls was addressed and fixed

Well the one thing that bugged me the most was the coil problems...but sadly they didnt fix it

seems like a high price tag for a first gen OP. look around and i'm sure you can get a gen2 for a tad more, maybe not with the low miles, but it would be worth it. this coming from a gen1 owner btw

I like the manual E brake. For some reason that electric E brake just doesn't sit well with me.

Actually, I like the electric one much better. It's very smart about when it auto-releases. It makes it a "set and forget" thing. I've been tempted to rig something to auto-set it when the car is put in park, but for now I'll suffer with having to briefly pull the button each time I park.

Actually, I like the electric one much better. It's very smart about when it auto-releases. It makes it a "set and forget" thing. I've been tempted to rig something to auto-set it when the car is put in park, but for now I'll suffer with having to briefly pull the button each time I park.

That would be cool. I use mine every time I park. I see so many people park on inclines that just throw it in park, release their foot from the brake and the car just rolls back and the transmission or whatever catches it... Makes me cringe :(

To the OP the price seems pretty high. When I bought my 01 years ago it wasn't even that much. I 'd see if they'll knock about $4,000 off before even considering it. Also as everyone else said you can get a nice gen 2 for $10,900. 1LoudLS you shouldn't have listed all that about the gen 2....makes me want to trade mine in for a gen 2, and it's almost paid off. That would be bad!

+1 on electris. When I drive my mom's suv, I sometimes forget to take off the manual e brake and start driving like that. SO convinient on the ls. Take the car off park and it releases by itself. Love it.

The thing I dont like about gen1's is all that amber up front. Amber on te bumper, asll that amber in the headlight. I really like how clean the gen2 bumper and headlight look.

Members online

Back