Weird Noise Coming from either the engine area or under the dash board or Roof?

mr_myko

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I notice today on the highway when I drive above 60mph I hear this weird noise and It i cant exactly pin point where it is coming from because I am driving the car and cant move around to hear where it is coming from. It is coming from either the engine area , or under the dash board somewhere or the roof. Where ever it is coming from its driving me crazy, I will try and load a sound bite of it that I recorded from my phone. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

http://yourlisten.com/channel/content/16983696/car_noise

Been there, done that.
I know that it sounds like it's coming from the top, but it's really coming from the bottom of the windshield. The wiper cowl is vibrating (due to the airflow) against the windshield. Probably one of the clips that hold it down is out of place. As a quick test, you can tape it where it meets the windshield to see if the noise goes away.

Wow that is awful.

Check the push pins that hold the wiper cowl down. You may have broken ones or unseated ones. I ended up yanking all of mine out and just zip tying the dam thing.

Also check under the flaps on each bottom corner of the windshield (where it meets the cowl). You will have to remove the push pins, but acorns and other debris can get stuck in there and vibrate with aerodynamics.

also check to make sure all mini jackhammers are off... thats awful

Been there, done that.
I know that it sounds like it's coming from the top, but it's really coming from the bottom of the windshield. The wiper cowl is vibrating (due to the airflow) against the windshield. Probably one of the clips that hold it down is out of place. As a quick test, you can tape it where it meets the windshield to see if the noise goes away.

Them keyboard skills.

Been there, done that.

I am going to try that when I get off of work today, I appreciate the help a lot

Wow that is awful.

Check the push pins that hold the wiper cowl down. You may have broken ones or unseated ones. I ended up yanking all of mine out and just zip tying the dam thing.

Also check under the flaps on each bottom corner of the windshield (where it meets the cowl). You will have to remove the push pins, but acorns and other debris can get stuck in there and vibrate with aerodynamics.

Some of the pins where lose and 2 of them where missing, so I am going to do like you said and use zip tying and I also some tape as well. I will let you you all know if it worked or not. Thanks a lot

Members online

No members online now.
Back