We live in a sad world...

Pan1019

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
So basically I'm gonna be without my LS for the next month.

Why? Because society is all kinds of messed up.

The Premise:
I just put in my sound system (2 12's) about a month ago. I live in an apartment complex, cause I go to Mizzou in Columbia. Anyways. About a week after I got my windows tinted and i put my subs in, I noticed that there were bumps in the top of my door. Upon further inspection I realized that someone was trying to break into my car, using what seemed to be a long rod, by forcing and prying it against my door.

Once I had realized what was happening, I started parking halfway across my complex. It was still within viewing range and range of me pusing the panic. Come back to my car this weekend, because i rarely drive during the week, and noticed that the top of my door and even the paint was 10x worse. They also cracked the interior piece of my door trim. Whoever wants in my car, is looking for it. What the hell?

My gf's dad in an insurance salesman and looked at it and say maybe 400$ of damage. Because some JACK@SS wants something that isnt his. And I'm left with the damaged car. :q:q:q:q my life.

I am now driving my first car until the school year is over and i go back home to work for the summer, so nothing more happens to my car. A nasty red Saturn Sc-2. Its only been a week but I miss my car so much.

In the end Im just kinda sittin here just like :confused::confused:. Is the world we live in THAT bad?

:(

do you have anything that stands out in your car? keep it clean, keep the technology out of view. if people can't see anything to take, they'll be less likely to break in.
and i hope you don't keep your valuables in your car, especially since you're away from it so much.

edit: also, screw como. i'm not really a fan. i wouldn't go there at all if it wasn't for my gf.

Not cool.

I wonder if their attempts would of triggered a shock sensor on an aftermarket alarm. Maybe something to look into if you dont have one already.

I feel your pain bro.:( All I can say is "karma". It will catch up to the person sooner or later. I have had my cars broken into three different times. Stolen two amps and a cross-over $1200 & $200 damage, four bowling balls, bags, shoes $1650 & $600 damage, and nothing $600 damage. Thank god for insurance.

do you have anything that stands out in your car? keep it clean, keep the technology out of view. if people can't see anything to take, they'll be less likely to break in.
and i hope you don't keep your valuables in your car, especially since you're away from it so much.

edit: also, screw como. i'm not really a fan. i wouldn't go there at all if it wasn't for my gf.
I leave ABSOLUTELY nothing in plain sight. But yeah, i wash it probably 3 times a week so its always looking clean. cant stand to see her dirty! But It's the exact reason that i opted to keep the stock head unit. Cause theft around here is so bad that if you have an aftermarket HU it's like an instant break in beacon. Sucks....

Not cool.

I wonder if their attempts would of triggered a shock sensor on an aftermarket alarm. Maybe something to look into if you dont have one already.
I was considering an LSE grille but now thinking aftermarket alarm might be more important. Yet another expense along with the damage though...

I feel your pain bro.:( All I can say is "karma". It will catch up to the person sooner or later. I have had my cars broken into three different times. Stolen two amps and a cross-over $1200 & $200 damage, four bowling balls, bags, shoes $1650 & $600 damage, and nothing $600 damage. Thank god for insurance.
Yikes! Youve had it alot worse off then. Yeah i have full coverage and everything, and i'm also needing a new rear fender. Idk. I dont deserve this. NONE OF US DO. We put so much effort into something that we see and makes us feel accomplished. and some jack@ss just wants to fx it up. :mad:

Stop playing the music at audible levels @ the place you live. Assuming this is the only reason someone knows you have a system.

Happened to a buddy of mine on campus, he got subs for the first time ever and was playing them loud and proud (windows down) all over campus, we lived on campus so his truck was right there. They just went in and grabbed everything one night.

Once you get it fixed and going again, I suggest an aftermarket alarm with pager.

Stop playing the music at audible levels @ the place you live. Assuming this is the only reason someone knows you have a system.

Happened to a buddy of mine on campus, he got subs for the first time ever and was playing them loud and proud (windows down) all over campus, we lived on campus so his truck was right there. They just went in and grabbed everything one night.

Once you get it fixed and going again, I suggest an aftermarket alarm with pager.

Thats the thing though! I'm super cautious as to where i play loud! Mostly on the interstate. Never where people are gonna hear it. I guess i just have terrible luck. Or maybe the LS in general is just that attractive :D. either way. fml.

Park closer to your apartment and see if you can put them in range of a baseball bat. Karma is too slow...

or Dynamite.

Since you have tint, hide inside of it with a Smith & Wesson. Rinse and repeat until the burglary stops.

Yeah I don't have tint on my windows which seems to take away the "hmm whats in there" But My Pontiac was broken into three times and then finally stolen. So I know the pain, I now do put anything in my car and I put an alarm on it which doesn't do much but scare folks away.

Some one broke into my Pontiac once to steal a razor phone I was pissed all that damage and you left the radio and amps just took a phone I am going to cancel.

So just keep your head up and remember the needy pieces of :q:q:q:q who can't work will just take stuff from those of us who try to have nice things

Sucks but they wont care about your headunit being stock or aftermarket.

Those have been stolen too...matter fact someone on here had theyre nav unit stolen plus the ac control. Really stupid because the nav unit needs the rear-mounted dvd unit to work, and what the hell they gonna do with an ac control??

I havent had any issues at this complex but i cant wait to get my own house for this reason. I guess what you could do is get it fixed and install an aftermarket alarm system with shock sensors. And dont bump around there.

I don't think anyone knows I have 2 W6's in my car (that lives around me) .. As soon as I reach the hood my volume goes down to 2. And to answer your question: Yes the world we live in IS that bad.

I'd wait till the weekend and park near some bushes. Leave the driver side window just cracked like a beacon of come and get it. Sit in the bushes with a camera and baseball bat. They seem to want whatever you have bad enough, so they aren't going to stop. Kumba is right, karma is too slow. I'd bet they'd be surprised when that flash goes off and then their knee is taken out. He tripped and fell on a curb when you caught him breaking into your car. And you've got the pics to prove it.

You guys sure do like to come up with solutions that will cost you more in legal fees then these cars are worth.

I don't think anyone knows I have 2 W6's in my car (that lives around me) .. As soon as I reach the hood my volume goes down to 2. And to answer your question: Yes the world we live in IS that bad.

+9000 The worse the neighborhood, the lower the bass goes. Hell I'd even turn my sound/bass down when I had OEM sound if I was going to the hood.

Are you kidding me? The first thing I wanted to do when I got my LS is put an alarm on it... still haven't though because the power locks on the driver side don't work. Soon as its fixed its getting an alarm put on. My truck has one, and ppl will not touch it. I'm not talking about the crappy $40 alarms. I'm talking about the DEI, with extra sensors, and extra sirens make you deaf while getting everyone's attention alarm... with two way paging remote.

You guys sure do like to come up with solutions that will cost you more in legal fees then these cars are worth.

Should be fine as long as the thief is not African American or wearing a hoodie.

Sucks but they wont care about your headunit being stock or aftermarket.

Those have been stolen too...matter fact someone on here had theyre nav unit stolen plus the ac control. Really stupid because the nav unit needs the rear-mounted dvd unit to work, and what the hell they gonna do with an ac control??

I havent had any issues at this complex but i cant wait to get my own house for this reason. I guess what you could do is get it fixed and install an aftermarket alarm system with shock sensors. And dont bump around there.

+1

When I got my LS broken into, the only thing that may have been visible was the bas knob and they didn't even attempt to get into the trunk. They just tried to get my stock HU, but ended up only taking the ac control faceplate which is worthless without the actual unit.

http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/showthread.php?t=73214

Trying to find the humor. I promise I am.

Just saying, if he were to try to shoot someone for stealing his stuff, the media is quick to jump on a "racially motivated" or "hate crime" bandwagon if the suspect is a minority. Wasn't really meant to be funny, just saying that there are a number of other social factors that will come into play.

Here in Texas you can use deadly force against a person who is committing a crime on your own property.

Members online

No members online now.
Back