We Kept it in the LVC Family!

Yeah - but how do these do in regard to car audio and what not? I can think of alot of functions that would be nice if it could all be well intergrated into the system.

Are you talking about how the computer will handle car audio, or having car audio and diagnostics all integrated into one interface?

haha, I will assume both. Well, consider this program then....

http://www.fluxmedia.net/

It will handle all audio needs and on top of that it has external application support. Basically that means that within this program you can launch any other program of your choice. That would eliminate the integration problem. As far as the audio is concerned, a computer will be able to send out a much more clear audio signal as opposed to a head unit I'm thinking. I use one for my home theater, and it's 10 times better than any receiver I've ever owned. It cost me a pretty penny to build, but that won't be a problem putting one in your car. I'll send you a diagram that I am making for my LS to show you what all can be done. Also, don't forget that with pc audio it is much easier to get 5.1 or more channel sound as opposed to just stereo with a regular head unit. I used to design systems like this at my old company before any of this came out, so seeing all these new programs for auto based pc's makes me have to change my pants every 5 minutes. And not the bad way either!!!!!!

Plus you can get access to the internet which can come in handy on long trips, esp in a larger car with kids in the back. You can hook up an extra monitor, and let them play on the internet or something. Also you have an automatic DVD player, and if you download music, you can synch it up with your home computer to put your music library in your car, like I said before. Man, I'm like a kid in a candy store when I think about this stuff. All my friends make fun of me because I LOVE football, played rugby, curse like a sailor, drink too much, but when I see a neat techie gadget, I start to coo like a preteen at an NSync concert.

MAllen82 said:
Plus you can get access to the internet which can come in handy on long trips, esp in a larger car with kids in the back.

No kids for me to worry about - but Id love to be able to have LVC running all the time :)

The STS I got has Navigation System... With XM Radio and an in dash DVD player!! Plus a 6 disk CD Changer... All packaged around BOSE 4.0 Surround Sound System pumpin 10 speakers with a SICK 10" Sub on the rear decklid!!! Sound is incredible!!! This was all stock, offered under the STS Premium Sport Package. I'll post pics as soon as I get my camera back from the shore house.

AND YES, Since my boys are now 13 and 11... Fittin the fellas in the back of the MK8 was gettin tight... So, kids was a big factor in passing the Mark onto "The Godfather"

oldschool_7.jpg

Jamler3 said:
AND YES, Since my boys are now 13 and 11... Fittin the fellas in the back of the MK8 was gettin tight... So, kids was a big factor in passing the Mark onto "The Godfather"

ah, personally if it was a choice between giving up this great car and stuffing the kids in the trunk ---- well, you know what I would do, but being italian stuffing people in the trunk of a lincoln comes a bit more natural I guess. :)

hi all whats up that unit looks awasom i have seen it around befor
but it looks like it,s a little big to fit my continnetal that id like it for
thinking about yousing that insted of the 7500 that i wana buy in Dec for my Birthday Present to myself :) LOL

well at least the car has a good home with somebody that knows what it is, great job keeping it Joeychgo......if it had been for sale 3 months ago i would have bought it......but eh, i still got me a midnight grey :zgreenbou

All I can say Joey is I am jeoulous. After seeing that car yesterday now I want one bad. Car looks so sweet in that color. Charcoal grey Rocks!! :Beer

Members online

No members online now.
Back