water sucked up in the intake

danny_holtermann

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
So it rained super bad today and i went through some water, a lot of water in that case, i have relocated myyintake to the back of my bumper, and well in other words sucked up some water, my car died. I waited a little while, then tried turning over my motor, it didn't budge..... waited about another minute cause i am impatient... it truned over slowly.... waited awhile longer and it finally started, drove throught the rest of the lake, and it died one more time. then i was able to fire it up. i drove home, took apart the intake and it was full of water.... fuc-k me running....

So this is what i plan on doing.... running seafoam throught the intake, throught the oil and the gas... i have a new conical filter, i got some maf cleaner. So i am going to fry everything up to the butter fly valves and i am also probably run seafoam through the tube that runs to the intake that everyone does....i also bought new spark plugs as well just in case, it was timne to get new ones anyways

This is also not on my mark.

is there anything else you guys think i should do

Take the plugs out immediately and soak the cylinders down with penetrating oil. And crank the motor. If there is water in there it will start rusting faster then you think.

Man what I would do is take a shop-vac and tape a skinny tube to the hose and stick it down in whatever little port or hole that you could to suck out the water and then soak it with pentetrating oil!!!

tried starting it, makes a terriblenoise, like a clanging, you guys think its the valve smashing the piston and is screwed?

You should ahve not even tried to start it at all. When this happened to my cougar (grrrr) I let it sit overnight, then dried everything out with a hairdryer and it was fine.

I think it might be over with brother!!! That sucks but like Philly I would'nt have even tried to start it until it sat for a good while and everything dried out real good!!!

The kind with a junk motor now..wow Danny that sucks..

that happened to my sisters sable, sad to see that car go. it started up after about an hour but all you heard was CLANG CLANG CLANG CLANG so i shut her off, took all the gas out of it took the plate off and parked her in a parking lot. she still sits there to this day. sad to see that car go.

that happened to my sisters sable, sad to see that car go. it started up after about an hour but all you heard was CLANG CLANG CLANG CLANG so i shut her off, took all the gas out of it took the plate off and parked her in a parking lot. she still sits there to this day. sad to see that car go.

:shifty::shifty::shifty:

well i am going junkyard motor hunting today, hopefully this doesnt screw me in the ass too much. ya its done, the part that really sucks tho is i still have a loan out on the car

Makes me ask myself, at what point water will be ingested in a Mark. I have the elephant trunk removed from the fender well, and the standard airbox.
Of course I dont want to find out the hard way.

So last night when i was changing the spark plugs, i looked in my hand and still had 1 new plug, looked on the ground, 4 bad ones, thought to myself, 5 in a pack, thats odd.... so i started my car, it made pinging noises. so i called it a night. woke up looking at junkyards to see which one would have a motor or a head. went to advanced auto parts, bought a hayes manual, btw they suck. and asked for advice, and he said to take it apart and make sure it is just the head and only replace the head.

back to my garage, i open the hood, disconnect batter, remove hood to get better light. write down the plug wires where they go. unplug wires from the coil pack, start with pulling the first wire from the plug, then the second, then the third just flew right out of there. i look down the hole, no spark plug. i hook battery back together, put plug in there, start it up, no pinging noise at all, ran ok, backed it into driveway, changed the milky way oil, and added fresh stuff...

the hyundai lives to see another telephone pole

Good news then, better finding out you're just a slight retard...than a slight retard with a bad motor :)

Very true sap, very true, that is why i am having my girlfriend go to school for special education, i still have been unable to bite my ear while saying the alphabet backwards

Members online

Back