VIDEO: 97 Lincoln Mark VIII vs 95 Lincoln Continental

mark0101

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
The continental got a bad reaction (because my mom was driving)time but it happens when your racing. The Continental also had 1 extra person. 80 more then the mark VIII. The race was only up to about 70 MPH or so. I am pretty happy with my conti's performance but the mark Should have killed it, right?
Here is the video
http://youtube.com/watch?v=3yIYqU8zjuw

The 97 Mark pulled away pretty good, about what I expected to happen. The Continental hang in there though...

I would actually expect the Conti to beat you off the line up to 60 and I would also expect you to stay in your lane at the very least. :(

LOL, I wish my mom was like that.

I have never had any problem walking contis, from a stop, or freeway roll.

Mike

94m5 said:
I have never had any problem walking contis, from a stop, or freeway roll.
Stock for stock? My friend had a '95 and with the factory gearing they can stand up in the 0-60. After that, they run out of gear.

Well its kind of hard to control the car going on 70 MPH on a 35 MPH road with these worn out tires.
The conti is actually a dog off the line compared to the Mark VIII, Town car can even keep up with it off the line.
We did some on a roll but My mom didn't get the concept of the three honks, but she is still the Coolest mom.:D

mark0101 said:
Well its kind of hard to control the car going on 70 MPH on a 35 MPH road with these worn out tires.
The conti is actually a dog off the line compared to the Mark VIII, Town car can even keep up with it off the line.
We did some on a roll but My mom didn't get the concept of the three honks, but she is still the Coolest mom.:D

lol. ur lucky, i have to deal with the crying wonder when i chirp second.

I have never heard of anyone racing their mother. Does your mom have tattoos?

I smell a Jeff Foxworthy joke in here somewhere.

seanklsc said:
I have never heard of anyone racing their mother. Does your mom have tattoos?

And like a good mom, she let him win.:rolleyes:

Can you imagine if she would have stayed in it till the corner? Oui vei!

mark0101 said:

that does not sound too bright...actually sounds like a recipe for disaster. Why would you go 70 mph on a 35 mph curve with bald tires?

hitting brakes in a corner=bad move.

for the record i raced my mom before

98LSC32V said:
The 97 Mark pulled away pretty good, about what I expected to happen. The Continental hang in there though...
I posted this on MarkVIII.org and they say that something is wrong with my Mark VIII. They are saying it should have left the conti way back.

mark0101 said:
I posted this on MarkVIII.org and they say that something is wrong with my Mark VIII. They are saying it should have left the conti way back.

And they are way wrong. I've owned both. In fact, a member of my family is still tooling around in a Conti.

cool video...it rawks!
it went just as I expected..
the continental has about 20 hp less than the Mark VIII and has FWD...
I wasn't surprised...WooHoo for Mark VIIIs!

Members online

Back