US power and influence declines on Moronic Bush visions

Here's one he could remove from the "Gene Pool"! :D

algoreiiibg2.jpg

Don't you realize that guy is famous? He set the record for the 1st hybrid car to hit 100 mph.:)

"I happen to respect the man a great deal, and to be quite honest, so does the rest of the world."

that would be some fantastic proof to back that statement up.

"I happen to respect the man a great deal, and to be quite honest, so does the rest of the world."

that would be some fantastic proof to back that statement up.

France and Germany elected conservative leaders that embrace the U.S. and her policies. They didn't run away from Bush.

How's that for starters?

You can't believe everything you hear on ABC and CNN.:rolleyes:

France and Germany elected conservative leaders that embrace the U.S. and her policies. They didn't run away from Bush.

How's that for starters?

You can't believe everything you hear on ABC and CNN.:rolleyes:

Remember something -

There will be a certain amount of votes that the dems will get this year SOLELY because of GW.

They wont be voting for democrats, but against republicans. And this will be mainly because of GW. So keep praising him. You just drive some people further into the democratic fold.

Right now, I am guessing we are likely to have either hillary or obama in the white house next year. Now, im not happy about this, but its looking like thats how it'll turn out.

Right now, I am guessing we are likely to have either hillary or obama in the white house next year. Now, im not happy about this, but its looking like thats how it'll turn out.
It blows my mind that that could even be remotely possible. Both will be unmitigated disasters.

I'm telling you, if we let down our guard and elect a Dem, we will get attacked. Our enemies are patiently waiting for the opportunity.

Hillary will pull a Clinton and Obama will crawl into a shell.

There is no doubt that the liberally biased media has a profound effect on the unthinking masses in this country. As a whole, we are a stupid nation. The media steers popular thought. Lots of parrots out there.

And the last time I checked, GW wasn't running.

I think we need a Dem in office and in control of Congress when we get attacked again. People will then be able to make a clear-cut distinction between how Repubs protect the country and how Dems do.

A major city goes down, panic the likes we've never experienced will ensue. Oil, $200 or more a gallon. Looting out of control. The Dems will call for a military curfew.

Only then will we get past this 50/50 impass. The Dems had a nice 40 year run in the House and Senate. Time for the Repubs to get the same timetable.

My Mom? She's wacko!!!

Wow she can look evil :) :)
She makes my ex look like a saint, just think of the pure hell Bill had to go though when she found out he was gettin BJ's in the office and its going to get out to the press :p

I think we need a Dem in office and in control of Congress when we get attacked again. People will then be able to make a clear-cut distinction between how Repubs protect the country and how Dems do.

A major city goes down, panic the likes we've never experienced will ensue. Oil, $200 or more a gallon. Looting out of control. The Dems will call for a military curfew.

Only then will we get past this 50/50 impass. The Dems had a nice 40 year run in the House and Senate. Time for the Repubs to get the same timetable.
I'm not so sure we can predict how a democrat president and congressional democrats would handle a terrorist attack since democrats often lie about their intentions and don't follow through on what they say they intend to do as evidenced by what has transpired thus far with democrats holding a majority of congress and their numerous broken promises after the 2006 elections. So, while you may think that democrats will freeze and drop the ball should we be attacked, I think they are also capable of going off the deep end in the opposite direction. They may declare martial law, suspend the constitution, invent or increase taxes in a panic to raise revenue to fight terrorism, tank our economy and invade Mexico and Canada--all while blaming President Bush. :rolleyes: The point being is that the current crop of ultra-left-wing democrats are unpredictable.

It blows my mind that that could even be remotely possible. Both will be unmitigated disasters.

And the last time I checked, GW wasn't running.

I agree Hillary will - I honestly dont know enough about Obama to form an opinion - which is why I doubt I will be voting for him.

Obviously GW isnt running - but most people believe he has not been the best of presidents and he is taking the party as a whole down with him. Any republican will have to overcome the opinion people have of GW in order to be elected. To think GW doesnt have a negative impact on the republicans in this election is naive. He had a congressional rubber stamp his first 6 years in office, so dont blame congress, the republicans lost control of congress because of GW and that rubber stamp.

Thats what some of you have to realize. GW cost the republican party huge. Every time you see Pelosi up there - realize, GW put her there. If you realize that, then you will have a leg up on getting a republican candidate elected.

I honestly have no clue who to vote for yet. I could like Huckabee if he would stop injecting religon into every friggin speech - I could like Ron Paul if he was even close to electable. But I also fear the conservatives and their ability to appoint a few more Supreme Court justices should they win the white house again.

:I
I honestly have no clue who to vote for yet. I could like Huckabee if he would stop injecting religon into every friggin speech - I could like Ron Paul if he was even close to electable.

Couldnt agree with you more I I hear one more christian quote from Huckabee I am going to puke...... Ron Paul is toast too liberal for most conservatives.

This is where we disagree Monstermark

Project For The New American Century

http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/article1665.htm

a late-1990s doctrine of preserving U.S. hegemony by overthrowing unfriendly regimes – a moronic vision that nonetheless manifested itself in the invasion and occupation of Iraq, with Iran as the regime-changers' next target.

You may find this doctine agreeable but IMO this is a moronic vision that Bush was sold on and adopted.
I see this as the bully trying to force his will upon others by intimidation.

Our experience in Iraq has shown how difficult it is to subjugate even a small 3rd rate country never mind more formidable nations.
Bush proclaimed "Mission Accomplished" after a few months and yes Saddam was removed but Bush and Cheney thought we'd be treated like the liberators of Paris and this would be over in a few months yet here we are almost 5 years later still struggling.
Bush won't even admit how badly his administration miscalculated things. If so it's only belatedly, partially and grudgingly.
And the neocons want us to be able to fight 2 or 3 wars at the same time.
This type of military projection of power is unsustainable
given our current economic weakness which we should be more concerned with than expanding the American Empire.

All this proves is the person writing the article not only hates Bush put also hates the US. Just another far left reporter of the news media, bet who ever wrote this article thinks the leader of Saudi Arabia is a Saint too.

"Obviously GW isnt running - but most people believe he has not been the best of presidents and he is taking the party as a whole down with him. "

similar to what happened after the mulroney years here. even when he didn't run, he took the whole conservative party with him. there wasn't a conservative that could get elected after him. the reform party took all the conservative side, and the liberals took the majority. good thing there isn't a secondary conservative party there, or it just might happen the same.

:I Couldnt agree with you more I I hear one more christian quote from Huckabee I am going to puke...... Ron Paul is toast too liberal for most conservatives.
I don't hear Huckabee constantly quoting the Bible. He's too smart for that because he knows it would upset a lot of people. It might be your perception that he constantly talks about the Bible because, like Mitt Romney, he's being bombarded with questions from the media about his religious faith and what role it would play in his decision-making as president.

I wasn't fond of Truman..

History has judged him as arguably one of the greatest Presidents of the 20th century...

I really dislike George W Bush and think he's unfit for the office.
Fortunately over 50% of the country disagreed with you

He's a C student ex alchoholic who was born lucky.
A "C" student...at Yale (Which I have no doubt is better then what you could do at that time). Either way, how is that relevant?

To be the smartest man in the room he has to surround himself with people who are stupider than he is and even then he doesn't like debate or critisism.

WTF? Who ever said he was trying to be the smartest person in the room? You seem to have no idea what leadership is.

Stupider? Is that a word? (when you are attacking someones intellect, it helps if you use good grammar). You think Condi, Rummy, Ashcroft, Cheney, etc. are stupid? Lets compare your grades to theirs (grades seem to matter to you so much).

Doesn't like debate or critisism? He has 70-80% of the media actively working against him. How are you not forced to debate in those cercumstances?

Then there's the whole born again christian who speaks to god thing.
Like Einstien, I don't believe in a personal god who intervenes in people's lives or events on earth so to me

God forbid he doesn't hold your lack of belief. This says more about your own personally arrogant bias against people of faith then anything else; basically, it exposes a large personal flaw on your part.

You also forget, this county was founded on Christian principals, and its roots are in Christianity.

Bush is, putting it charitably, funny in the head.

You still haven't made the case here, though you have shown thta you don't use your head. Instead you use your emotions to make decisions; emotion over reason. The fact that you ignore reality, and look down on anyone with religious belief shows that you need to get over yourself.

I come from Canada, a secular country where religion is a private matter which is not a part of politics.
Well theres the problem, your Canadian :) .
religion may not be a part of politics in Canada, but Canada isn' America.

I can't remember anyone running for office in Canada even mentioning anything about faith.
But Canada isn't America, remember. Canada is effectively irrelevant on the world stage, in comparison to America.

Nowhere is it written that the American Empire goes on forever.
It still hasn't been show that America is an "Empire".

That America is powerless to stop or influence many things
and countries and has become the worlds biggest borrower with only 4% of the population tells me that the slide has already begun and we are no longer the most important country in the world except to ourselves.

The deficit is decreasing.

And what is this "we" stuff? I thought you were Canadian.

A strong military is a waste of money if it doesn't bring in any booty or conquer territory.

So America
be all about empire now? You obviously hae no clue how the govenment works or what the function of military is.

I don't hear Huckabee constantly quoting the Bible.

I never said the bible MAC1

The guy cant open his yap without some christian overtones :shifty:

Bush's family connections helped him through yale like they have with everything in his life.

That is a big assumption. And, yes, it is only an assumption. There is no proof. I could go with his connections getting him into Yale, but he still had to do the work to get through on his own. His father wasn't much of anything back when he went to college anyhow. The highlights of Bush senior's carreer were long after that.

Unlike McCain and Kerry he ducked military service in Vietnam.

Again, large assumption. needs proof.

Bush is a very polarizing leader. People either love him or hate him with very little in between.

very few love him. I have yet to see anyone on this board who loves Bush. In fact, I have never even met a conservative who loves Bush. However, there are many, like you who have an irrational hartred for him based mostly on distortion and misinformation, if not outright lies. This is all that seems to fuel your worldview when it comes to America (it obviously isn't reason, logic, or reality).

Project For The New American Century

http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/article1665.htm

a late-1990s doctrine of preserving U.S. hegemony by overthrowing unfriendly regimes – a moronic vision that nonetheless manifested itself in the invasion and occupation of Iraq, with Iran as the regime-changers' next target.

Interesting how you rely on a secondary source to spin what the "Project For The New American Century" advocates. Why don't you do a little research yourself;
http://www.newamericancentury.org/

If you are intellectually honest, you will find that what they advocate is much more benign they how it is spun in that article.

I'm not so sure we can predict how a democrat president and congressional democrats would handle a terrorist attack since democrats often lie about their intentions and don't follow through on what they say they intend to do as evidenced by what has transpired thus far with democrats holding a majority of congress and their numerous broken promises after the 2006 elections. So, while you may think that democrats will freeze and drop the ball should we be attacked, I think they are also capable of going off the deep end in the opposite direction. They may declare martial law, suspend the constitution, invent or increase taxes in a panic to raise revenue to fight terrorism, tank our economy and invade Mexico and Canada--all while blaming President Bush. :rolleyes: The point being is that the current crop of ultra-left-wing democrats are unpredictable.

Good point.

Ah shagdrum,
I was wondering when you would chime in.
I read the link you posted about the new american century
as well but it wouldn't pull your chain the way my link did.
Things would get boring here if we all just complimented each other.
I was never comparing myself or my education with that of Bush. Whatever my opinion of Bush may be his winning of the presidency is quite an achievement which speaks for itself.
As to my spelling and grammar maybe you should look at your's before you point out mine.
You supposedly wrote a book so you should have higher standards

Examples

1. an irrational hartred- should be hatred
2. Bush senior's carreer- should be career
3. Lets compare your grades to theirs - should be their's
debate in those cercumstances?- should be circumstances.
4. The guy cant open his yap without some christian overtones - should be can't

5. Fortunately over 50% of the country disagreed with you- should be voters instead of country.

6. though you have shown thta you don't use your head- should be that instead of thta
Well theres the problem, your Canadian - should be there's

7. Doesn't like debate or critisism- should be criticism

8. You obviously hae no clue how the govenment works or what the function of military is.- should be has not hae and government not govenment and function of (the) military is.

Nobody usually plays grammar police on boards but you ironically have made 10 spelling errors in your post while criticising
my use of the english language.
Perhaps you should run spell check and re read what you write before posting.
There are always errors like these in your posts.
Anyways I just wanted to wish everyone a happy new year
and more interesting provoking posts in 2008.

oh and your Canadian should be you're Canadian.
Does all this make you a C student?

I never said the bible MAC1
The guy cant open his yap without some christian overtones :shifty:
I wasn't sure what you meant by "christian quote". I thought you must be referring to the Bible because you used the term "quote". I'm still not sure what you're referring to. What do you mean by "christian overtones"? Do you have an example?

Members online

No members online now.
Back