US power and influence declines on Moronic Bush visions

04SCTLS

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
From hyperpower to new world disorder

http://www.thestar.com/News/Ideas/article/289353#

For the first time since the end of the Cold War, America isn’t alone on top. What’s replacing the unipolar world of the 1990s? A gang of five superpowers: China, Russia, India, the Eurozone and the U.S.

Dec 29, 2007 04:30 AM
David Olive
Feature Writer

"We seek your leadership. But if for some reason you are not willing to lead, leave it to the rest of us. Please get out of our way."

Kevin Conrad, delegate from Papua New Guinea, at the Bali summit on climate change earlier this month, to a U.S. delegation that tried to thwart reforms agreed to by the other 185 nations present.

It became more apparent than ever this year that the U.S. is no longer the world's lone superpower. Instead, there are five superpowers that will define the world for at least the next half-century: the U.S., Chinam, India, Russia and a united Europe.

The news came home to Americans on Main St. from tainted Chinese products to the fact that practically every toy sold in America comes from Red China. Boston seniors on group tours of the great capitals of Europe were humbled to discover that their greenbacks had shrivelled in value to 60 per cent of the local currency. And New Yorkers were taken aback that the credit crisis arising from cascading defaults on U.S. subprime mortgages had so weakened the balance sheets of leading financial institutions in the Big Apple that the likes of Citigroup and Merrill Lynch had sought bailouts from state-owned investment funds in Singapore and the United Arab Emirates.

Canadians felt it, too, in a 15 per cent gain against the greenback.

That America was not in charge in Iraq was widely known for some time. That American global hegemony had severely dissipated was news. Nor was it of the passing variety, like the 1970s U.S. economic "stagflation" that inflated the German and Swiss currencies; or the Japanese boom a decade later in which Tokyo parking spots fetched $90,000.

This was different. Mandarins in Brussels now passed judgment on merger proposals between American companies, not hesitating to block them on antitrust grounds. Chinese oil interests in Sudan made Beijing intransigent about Western meddling in Darfur. Russia wouldn't abide Washington's sanctions on Iran. India insisted upon, and received, U.S. support of its nuclear arms program despite predictable outrage from Pakistan, a key U.S. ally in the pursuit of Al Qaeda. It was either that or have New Dehli turn to the Russians. To an unprecedented degree, decisions affecting America were being made elsewhere. A mere 16 years after attaining its lone-superpower status, the crown had slipped, and America's destiny is now shaped by a new world disorder of five superpowers.

All five members of this new quintet are nuclear powers. All but one, India, have veto power at the United Nations. Collectively, the four non-U.S. superpowers have 10 times the population of the U.S. The European economy has eclipsed that of the U.S., and those of China and India will do so by mid-century. The imperial legacy of many EU members and of Russia provide them a lingering influence from Indonesia to Zaire to Brazil that the U.S., whose experiences with colonizing have been reluctant and short-lived, cannot match.

The resentment of what the French labelled "the U.S. hyper-power" in the 1960s subsided in the 1990s. The Europeans were preoccupied with their unification project. China and India were experimenting with a free-market model to replace sclerotic command economies. And by the early years of this decade, Russian recovery from the upheaval of the Soviet breakup was manifesting itself in a new national pride and respect for a decisive Vladimir Putin.

The aim of the four new superpowers has been the same: to unleash, under the banner of patriotism, the potential economic prowess of a nation or region, and in doing so to claim a role on the world stage equal to that of the U.S. Here's Tony Blair, who revered Britain's "special relationship" with the U.S. more than most of his predecessors. "A single-power world is inherently unstable," Blair said back in 2005. "That's the rationale for Europe to unite.

"We are building a new superpower. The European Union is about the projection of collective power, wealth and influence. When we work together, the European Union can stand on par as a superpower and a partner with the U.S."

The euro has been the world's strongest currency since 2005. But not until this year did everyone from OPEC to the People's Bank of China to rock stars flirt with abandoning the U.S dollar – the world's undisputed reserve currency since the end of World War II – in favour of a euro that has soared to a current $1.48 (U.S.)

It was a year of new boondoggles coming to light in the U.S. occupation of Iraq; and of U.S. diplomatic setbacks in Pakistan, China, Turkey, Burma, the Middle East – almost everywhere the U.S. has tried to exert influence. But then, America's deficient military and intelligence capabilities have removed the big stick behind diplomatic threats.

America now is the world's largest borrower, and China the biggest creditor nation.

As everyone but the White House acknowledges, it's difficult to have much impact in pressuring China on its under-valued currency, its military buildup and its human-rights record when that country is also your biggest banker.

World leaders have been putting distance between themselves and Washington ever since the U.S. occupation of Iraq, embarked upon with a theological righteousness that alienated the secular Europeans, and based on assumptions seemingly designed to salvage the reputations of Barbara Tuchman's cast of feckless leaders in The March of Folly.

But this year, world leaders lost their reticence and subjected Washington to a parade of embarrassments. Kevin Rudd, the new Australian PM, isolated the U.S. on global warming by embracing a Kyoto Protocol that incoming U.S. president George W. Bush trashed in 2001. Gordon Brown, the new British PM, used the occasion of his first state visit to Washington to state that Afghanistan, not Iraq, is the central front in the battle against Islamic extremists. Bush watched in stony silence as America's staunchest ally in the Iraq invasion bluntly repudiated an assertion the U.S. president has been making for five years.

As Russia has slipped into autocracy, and shipped uranium to Iran this fall over U.S. objections, Bush has been reduced to tacitly endorsing Russian actions the U.S. is powerless to control. After his first encounter with the Russian president, Bush famously said he had looked into Putin's heart and found a man he could work with. In an angry Munich speech earlier this year, Bush's soulmate excoriated the U.S. for "an almost uncontained hyper-use of force . . . that is plunging the world into an abyss of conflicts."

America's foreign policy impotence hit a nadir in Pakistan, where Washington's full-court-press diplomacy failed to prevent the leader of an unreliable but nonetheless vital ally in the struggle against Al Qaeda from imposing martial law and imprisoning his country's supreme court justices. In one go, with its continued support of Pakistani strongman Pervez Musharraf, America has turned its back on supposed goals of promoting democracy, punishing nuclear proliferators, and taking a hard line against nations harbouring large populations of Al Qaeda operatives.

"No [U.S.] president will ever have handed over a worse international situation than George W. Bush," says Richard Holbrooke, the former U.N. ambassador in the Clinton administration and adviser to presidential candidate Hillary Clinton. Which is to suggest that America can reclaim its lone superpower status by simply installing a new president in 2009 who will extricate the U.S. from Iraq and sign Kyoto 2.0, to be negotiated over the next two years.

America lost its chance at enduring supremacy in the aftermath of the Persian Gulf War, which coincided with the collapse of the Soviet Union. Then-U.S. president George H.W. Bush spoke at the time of creating a "New World Order" of universal peace and mutual prosperity.

Had it only chosen then to redeploy its massive defence and foreign aid budgets to humanitarian causes, rather than propping up its military allies, America could have secured its new found global supremacy by simply setting a good example.

Instead, the lone-superpower era began with a unilateral, botched invasion of Somalia and ended with the Project For The New American Century, a late-1990s doctrine of preserving U.S. hegemony by overthrowing unfriendly regimes – a moronic vision that nonetheless manifested itself in the invasion and occupation of Iraq, with Iran as the regime-changers' next target.

In the Middle East, which has some of the youngest populations in the world, the past two generations have come of age with the belief that America is antagonistic to Muslims, a proposition reinforced by America`s invasion of two Muslin nations in the space of three years. And a new generation of Europeans – the "E generation," as author T.R. Reid labels it in his bestselling United States of Europe: The New Superpower and the End of American Supremacy (2005) – has grown up with the isolationism of the 1990s U.S. Republican Congress and the calamitous unilateralism of George W. Bush.

Plainly, the U.S. has failed to lead on climate change; genocide; nuclear proliferation; human rights; and the other most pressing global concerns for so long it has effectively ceded its claim to the "benign hegemony" that still shapes America's regard of its impact on the world.

And Americans know it, at least in Bill Clinton's view. In the 1990s, then-president Clinton declared that "America is the indispensable nation." In a Charlie Rose interview earlier this month, a Clinton who has grown more internationalist in retirement from the White House, said, "The American people now know something they've never known before. In their bones they know that there's almost no problem we can solve all by ourselves – terror, war and peace, nuclear proliferation, climate change, you name it. They know we have to do this in a co-operative way."

Gwynne Dyer, heralding the end of America's lone-superpower status, has warned that "Seeing the United States reduced to only one great power among others cannot be a prospect that appeals to American strategic thinkers of a traditional bent – so what is their grand strategy for averting it?

"They must have one," the London-based global military analyst wrote. "Paramount powers facing relegation always have one, although it rarely stays the same for long and it never, ever works. There is no way of stopping China and India from catching up with the current Lone Superpower without nuking their entire economies."

Without exception, the emerging superpowers have achieved that status by tending to the home front, where much work remains to be done. China is the world's second-largest CO2 emitter, trailing only the U.S. India has the world's largest population of poor people. Europe has national licence plates, birth certificates and a lottery played from Krakow to Liverpool, but lacks a foreign policy and has a nascent army of just 60,000 troops. Russia's regard for investors, whose property it expropriates on a whim, will have to change for the country's entrepreneurial forces to be fully unleashed.

The same focus on domestic shortcomings would serve America well. The factors undermining its prosperity and global influence are almost all self-inflicted. There is more at stake here than even the current crop of presidential candidates seem to realize. They all talk of restoring America's respect in the world, with no apparent sense that a big part of the problem is that the world is increasingly less inclined to regard America as "the shining city on the hill" that Ronald Reagan invoked.

With strikingly little notice, David Walker, head of the U.S. Government Accountability Office, the investigative arm of the U.S. Congress, spoke in August about disturbing parallels between today's America and the decline of the Roman Empire. Among the similarities Walker cited were "declining values and political civility at home, an overconfident and overextended military in foreign lands, and fiscal irresponsibility by the central government."

Even in a world without budding rivals, the American superpower would still be jeopardized by its "unsustainable" disregard for tackling rundown schools and inner-city neighbourhoods, a yawning gap between rich and poor, and a route to citizenship for the country's estimated 12 million illegal immigrants.

Even superpowers are fragile once the rot of complacency sets in. "It's time to learn from history," Walker said, "and take steps to ensure that the American republic is the first to stand the test of time."

Obviously strikken with BDS syndrome.:rolleyes:

Until you tell me there is another country you would rather live in, if I were you I'd take your author's article and put it where the sun don't shine.

You just don't like to face unpleasant facts.
If you don't like an arguement you just change the subject
like a woman would and resort to vulgarities.
Pax Americana has been a failure and let's see where we'll be in 10-15 years as the rest of the world expands their economies while we fall further and further into debt and continue squandering the future.

If you don't like an argument you just change the subject
Pax Americana has been a failure and let's see where we'll be in 10-15 years as the rest of the world expands their economies while we fall further and further into debt and continue squandering the future.

You anti-american guys kill me.

Sure there are bad Pax-Americana repercussions but let's face it, these 3 countries are a perfect fit for our imperialistic endeavors. Vast energy (oil, solar, wind) reserves will enable the U.S. to maintain its dominant position in the world.

First we need to beat down the liberals in this country to get access to the energy available here on this continent. With global warming, Canada will become a huge food farm and we'll develop the vast oil sands and along with increase production out of Mexico, we'll be able to walk away from Saudi oil.

We'll have food, fuel and technology.

Start reducing the size of government, get out of the way of alternative energy so it can develop in the free market and we'll be all set.

What makes you think Mexico and leftist liberal Canada are going to just give you access to their oil.
Your answers sound very pat but what have you been waiting for.
It's been almost 28 years since Khomeini deposed the CIA installed puppet Shah, humiliated you and kicked you out of Iran in the revolution that helped set the whole Islamic thing going.
At this rate I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for your hopes to become reality.

If you don't like an arguement you just change the subject
So who's fault is it that we are falling further into debt? The title of this thread indicates that you believe President Bush is a fault. The defense appropriations bill recently signed by President Bush contains almost 2000 earmarks. The point being, we can blame congress as a whole for ridiculous spending. Also, since you feel so strongly about national debt I take it that you would not vote for Hillary.

Teddy Roosevelt, FDR, Eisenhouer JFK.
Ronald Reagan due to his personality and his help in defeating the Soviets.
I liked George Bush Senior. He slapped the Isreali's down by not giving in to all their demands and was smart enough to leave Saddam in power to rule all those hateful people in Iraq.
Bill Clinton was very popular other than he disgraced himself and embarassed the country with the Monica Lewinsky debacle.
I wasn't fond of Truman, LBJ, Nixon, Carter.
Ford I don't have a real opinion on. I suppose it was good he pardoned Nixon and spared the country having their president on trial.
I really dislike George W Bush and think he's unfit for the office. That's why I slipped him into the title.
He's a C student ex alchoholic who was born lucky.
To be the smartest man in the room he has to surround himself with people who are stupider than he is and even then he doesn't like debate or critisism.
Then there's the whole born again christian who speaks to god thing.
Like Einstien, I don't believe in a personal god who intervenes in people's lives or events on earth so to me
Bush is, putting it charitably, funny in the head.
I come from Canada, a secular country where religion is a private matter which is not a part of politics.
I can't remember anyone running for office in Canada even mentioning anything about faith.
Nowhere is it written that the American Empire goes on forever.
That America is powerless to stop or influence many things
and countries and has become the worlds biggest borrower with only 4% of the population tells me that the slide has already begun and we are no longer the most important country in the world except to ourselves.
The American dollar is on the verge of being dethroned as the world currency of choice and if that happens we will no longer be the most powerful country in the world.
A strong military is a waste of money if it doesn't bring in any booty or conquer territory.

I have 2 years community college.
However attacking me doesn't change any of the facts listed above.
Bush's family connections helped him through yale like they have with everything in his life.
Unlike McCain and Kerry he ducked military service in Vietnam.
And who wouldn't want to fly a jet while in the National Guard given the chance.
Bush is a very polarizing leader. People either love him or hate him with very little in between.
Since leaving school, I have built up a company that's adding to the national wealth, generating 8 figure revenues and growing.
With all due respect other than opining on message boards what have you accomplished.

Bush's family connections helped him through yale like they have with everything in his life.
And who wouldn't want to fly a jet while in the National Guard given the chance.
Bush is a very polarizing leader. People either love him or hate him with very little in between.
Since leaving school, I have built up a company that's adding to the national wealth, generating 8 figure revenues and growing.
With all due respect other than opining on message boards what have you accomplished.

Let me guess your going to vote for the big legged Hillary. You think things are bad with Bush in the white house if the democrats get into the white house this election you can kiss what freedoms we've had good bye. What we'll get with the democrats in the white house is free drivers licenses for illegals, the national language becoming Spanish, the word God removed from all US government documents and currency, and government spending out the roof. Not to mention how our foreign policies will weaken.

Event if one doesn't agree with the war we still need to support our troops which it seems the democrats don't believe in. They keep wanting to deny the troops better equipment and the funds they need to continue the progress they have obtained.

Let me guess your going to vote for the big legged Hillary. You think things are bad with Bush in the white house if the democrats get into the white house this election you can kiss what freedoms we've had good bye. What we'll get with the democrats in the white house is free drivers licenses for illegals, the national language becoming Spanish, the word God removed from all US government documents and currency, and government spending out the roof. Not to mention how our foreign policies will weaken.

Event if one doesn't agree with the war we still need to support our troops which it seems the democrats don't believe in. They keep wanting to deny the troops better equipment and the funds they need to continue the progress they have obtained.

Who I will vote for remains to be seen.
Hillary is losing ground and may not win the nomination.
She's respected as a player but not widely liked.
At least Bill had and still has charm which Hillary is also intellectual but charm deficient.
She's even stopped that silly forced laughing which most people found perplexing annoying and disengenuine.
Also some men will simply not vote for a woman for president
As to the illegals some of them are starting to pack up and leave because 1. the housing market has collapsed and a lot of the jobs have disappeared and 2. The states fed up with Washinton inaction have started enacting legislation which fines businesses for hiring them for a first offense and pulling their business licenses if they persist.If we have the will for all the states to pass such legislation they will self deport back to Mexico or make a run for Canada until Canada tightens up it's immigration rules.

I've lived long enough to know the fundamentals of this country will not disappear if one bad person gets elected.
If the voters are unsatisfied they can vote the president out in four years, hardly long enough to turn the US into a communist country.
Bill won 2 terms and the country survived.
Gore won more votes but Bush got in which many are still sore about but they let it go. Even his reelection was 57 million to Kerry's 54 million, decisive but hardly a landslide.
I could see voting for Gulianni or Thompson or even Ron Paul. Romney is too much of a flip flopper and thinks he can buy the nomonation. Huckabee comes across as a liberal in conservative clothing who places too much emphasis on his religious credentials while making foreign policy and other gaffs.
Obama generates some excitement but frankly I don't think the voters will put a minority candidate in office when it comes time to make their decision at the moment of truth.
Edwards seems like a pretty boy not quite ready for prime time.
A year is forever in politics and the future is yet to be written. And there's always the possibility of an october surprise like Bush's buried DUI which luckily for him didn't derail his candidacy.
Like most I won't be deciding until october 08.

Congrats. For you to make that 'Bush is an idiot' comment makes you look like one is all. If you would have said you were a Canadian from the beginning, I could have taken it with a grain of salt but the Bush bashing gets kinda old.

There are no facts listed above. That's the problem.

BooHoo. He had a little help along the way. So what? You wouldn't help your kid if you could?

McCain did serve so there is no comment to be made. John Kerry on the other hand, 4 deferments. On the 5th denial he grudgingly 'volunteered' so he could pick his poison vs being drafted. Picks a non-combat roll patrolling coastal waters in a PT boat like his hero JFK. Went the going got tough, he intentionally hurt himself and wrote up bogus reports to get out. You need to catch up on who the real John Kerry is.

Bush would and did. Does that make him an idiot?

Great...you've proven that you hate him. I happen to respect the man a great deal, and to be quite honest, so does the rest of the world.

I just sit in the basement in a dark corner in my barcolounger and type missives to edumicate people like you that come into the lair.

Not much. See above.

Edit: I did make two awesome football highlight videos for 2 of my sons that played football this year. Gave them to all the players as a Christmas gift. Over 2,000 plays were digested and edited in HD, repleat with slow-mo action, zoom and ESPN worthy screen graphics. Hell, the companies I run are nothing compared to the joy I get out of supporting my kids to the Nth degree. Maybe one of them will be President some day.

At least Bill had and still has charm which Hillary is also intellectual but charm deficient.
She's even stopped that silly forced laughing which most people found perplexing annoying and disengenuine.

Wonderful. A charming rapist and an annoying b!tch. Great combo.

There is much opinion in the original post but also these facts you seem to have missed.

It became more apparent than ever this year that the U.S. is no longer the world's lone superpower. Instead, there are five superpowers that will define the world for at least the next half-century: the U.S., Chinam, India, Russia and a united Europe.

Chinese oil interests in Sudan made Beijing intransigent about Western meddling in Darfur.

Russia wouldn't abide Washington's sanctions on Iran.

India insisted upon, and received, U.S. support of its nuclear arms program despite predictable outrage from Pakistan, a key U.S. ally in the pursuit of Al Qaeda. It was either that or have New Dehli turn to the Russians

Collectively, the four non-U.S. superpowers have 10 times the population of the U.S.

The European economy has eclipsed that of the U.S.

The euro has been the world's strongest currency since 2005. But not until this year did everyone from OPEC to the People's Bank of China to rock stars flirt with abandoning the U.S dollar – the world's undisputed reserve currency since the end of World War II – in favour of a euro that has soared to a current $1.48 (U.S.

America now is the world's largest borrower, and China the biggest creditor nation.

Gordon Brown, the new British PM, used the occasion of his first state visit to Washington to state that Afghanistan, not Iraq, is the central front in the battle against Islamic extremists. Bush watched in stony silence as America's staunchest ally in the Iraq invasion bluntly repudiated an assertion the U.S. president has been making for five years.

As Russia has slipped into autocracy, and shipped uranium to Iran this fall over U.S. objections, Bush has been reduced to tacitly endorsing Russian actions the U.S. is powerless to control.

I just sit in the basement in a dark corner in my barcolounger and type missives to edumicate people like you that come into the lair.
lol
and watch packer games right ?

I suppose you'll disagree with this famous quote:

Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the president or any other public official...

~Theodore Roosevelt

I disagree with your positions but totally support your right to voice them.

It's nice to see you have a sense of humor about yourself.

Quote:

It is a tenet of America that anyone can become president
and I wish you luck for your children should they choose to pursue that dream.

lol
and watch packer games right ?
Oh, so you noticed that Mespock hasn't been around since the beginning of the year also.:D

Ya, huge Packer fan. Only made 5 games this year.:(

Favre beating Brady in the Super Bowl would be the greatest story ever told in football. The old gunslinger leading the kids to victory. One can only dream.

There is much opinion in the original post but also these facts you seem to have missed.
OK, I'll bite.

And how has Bush's "Moronic vision" created this event?

Chinese oil interests in Sudan made Beijing intransigent about Western meddling in Darfur.
We're going to hear alot more about oil, arent' we?

Russia wouldn't abide Washington's sanctions on Iran.
Is that a big surprise? France and Germany also had their hands in the same cookie jar. Again, how does that relate to a "Moronic Bush Vision".

India insisted upon, and received, U.S. support of its nuclear arms program despite predictable outrage from Pakistan, a key U.S. ally in the pursuit of Al Qaeda. It was either that or have New Dehli turn to the Russians
Again sounds like a good decision by the U.S.

Collectively, the four non-U.S. superpowers have 10 times the population of the U.S.
I guess it's time to start handing out condoms and teaching sex education to 5 year olds in those countries.

The European economy has eclipsed that of the U.S.
How many countries are included in that European economic number? How has Airbus been doing compared to Boeing recently?

The euro has been the world's strongest currency since 2005. But not until this year did everyone from OPEC to the People's Bank of China to rock stars flirt with abandoning the U.S dollar – the world's undisputed reserve currency since the end of World War II – in favour of a euro that has soared to a current $1.48 (U.S.)
Great news! Looks like my export business will be picking up the next year or two.

Hey, I'll trade my paper dollar for a supersoaker any day.:D

Gordon Brown, the new British PM, used the occasion of his first state visit to Washington to state that Afghanistan, not Iraq, is the central front in the battle against Islamic extremists. Bush watched in stony silence as America's staunchest ally in the Iraq invasion bluntly repudiated an assertion the U.S. president has been making for five years.
Bush has not stated that the way you have inferred.

Start way back at the 1st Gulf War and you'll find out why we are in Iraq.

As Russia has slipped into autocracy, and shipped uranium to Iran this fall over U.S. objections, Bush has been reduced to tacitly endorsing Russian actions the U.S. is powerless to control.
And what would any Dem leader have done instead. Bomb Moscow?

This is where we disagree Monstermark

Project For The New American Century

http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/article1665.htm

a late-1990s doctrine of preserving U.S. hegemony by overthrowing unfriendly regimes – a moronic vision that nonetheless manifested itself in the invasion and occupation of Iraq, with Iran as the regime-changers' next target.

You may find this doctine agreeable but IMO this is a moronic vision that Bush was sold on and adopted.
I see this as the bully trying to force his will upon others by intimidation.

Our experience in Iraq has shown how difficult it is to subjugate even a small 3rd rate country never mind more formidable nations.
Bush proclaimed "Mission Accomplished" after a few months and yes Saddam was removed but Bush and Cheney thought we'd be treated like the liberators of Paris and this would be over in a few months yet here we are almost 5 years later still struggling.
Bush won't even admit how badly his administration miscalculated things. If so it's only belatedly, partially and grudgingly.
And the neocons want us to be able to fight 2 or 3 wars at the same time.
This type of military projection of power is unsustainable
given our current economic weakness which we should be more concerned with than expanding the American Empire.

I really dislike George W Bush and think he's unfit for the office. That's why I slipped him into the title.
He's a C student ex alchoholic who was born lucky.
To be the smartest man in the room he has to surround himself with people who are stupider than he is and even then he doesn't like debate or critisism.
Then there's the whole born again christian who speaks to god thing.
Like Einstien, I don't believe in a personal god who intervenes in people's lives or events on earth so to me
Bush is, putting it charitably, funny in the head.
I come from Canada, a secular country where religion is a private matter which is not a part of politics.
I can't remember anyone running for office in Canada even mentioning anything about faith.
Regarding your criticism of George Bush for being a C-student, I would still give him a decisive edge over you as far as spelling and English grammar skills. In other words, your poor spelling and grammar skills tells me that you have no business criticizing someone else for being a C-student. Moreover, you might have "built up" a company with 8-figure revenues, but I have no doubt that George Bush has accomplished more and has lived, and is living a more exciting life than you ever will.

As far as your reasons for not liking President Bush, it appears that you have an intense prejudice against religion in general with particular emphasis against Christianity. You say that, like "Einstien" (sic), you don't believe in a "personal god"—but I doubt that you have detailed knowledge of Albert Einstein’s views concerning God and religion. If you really believe as Einstein did then you would use a capital "G" in the word "God."

Regarding your criticism of George Bush for being a C-student, I would still give him a decisive edge over you as far as spelling and English grammar skills. In other words, your poor spelling and grammar skills tells me that you have no business criticizing someone else for being a C-student. Moreover, you might have helped to build a company with 8-figure revenues, but I have no doubt that George Bush has accomplished more and has lived, and is living a more exciting life than you ever will.

As far as your reasons for not liking President Bush, it appears that you have an intense prejudice against religion in general with particular emphasis against Christianity. You say that, like "Einstien" (sic), you don't believe in a "personal god"—but I doubt that you have detailed knowledge of Albert Einstein’s views concerning God and religion. If you really believe as Einstein did then you would use a capital "G" in the word "God."

Only someone who doesn't believe in "God" would not capitalize "His Name". Of course someone who is a "Sub - C" Student also wouldn't capitalize The Name "God". :D

One of the things that puzzles me is that someone who owns their own company would support the Democrats? I run my own company and believe me Taxes will "Eat Up" the Small Business Owner! :(

TIME OUT FOR SOME LIGHT HUMOR!

Al Gore Blames Children for Global Warming

:bowrofl:

algorecultphotodj1.png

Members online

No members online now.
Back