Underbody Neons!?

Motodrew

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
I was curious if anyone has added underbody neon lights?? There is an Aurora and a Mark in my area I have seen around town with them. I just have never seen an LS with anything other than interior neons.

Hell no!! :ricesmile :ricesmile :ricesmile :ricesmile :ricesmile :ricesmile :ricesmile :ricesmile

There's one in the photo garage somewhere. I think it had green neons.

ya.. i've seen a couple.. but thats kinda iffy.. there is a new kit now that only brings ur rims out.. that would llook better than an udnerbody kit.. i rather get those police strobes but only to make it stand out at shows.. thats about it

Ya I saw those on ebay. Thats what brought up my question. I have thought about doing some sort of accenting like that. I'd rather possibly put some lights in my wheels somehow to accent them...

you are right about not being able to hid them but they look pretty good. Maybe a bad choice for a LS but the Color Storm could make any car look cool.

Motodrew said:
I was curious if anyone has added underbody neon lights?? There is an Aurora and a Mark in my area I have seen around town with them. I just have never seen an LS with anything other than interior neons.

Get a StreetGlow Multi Color Kit. Underglow looks good when your crusing the strip at night. ;)

You saw one on a Mark...That's justifiable homicide!

Neons are different looking, illegal as hell here in VA - any neon -lisc plate, under-body, interior... they consider them a traffic hazard cause it distracts other drivers. You cant even sit in a parking lot with them on - same principle as above- drivers on the road could see it and get distracted. Only place you could have them is in your driveway or inside a garage. Tax dollars at work.

hate to say it but i have some orderd for my car got them from ledunderbody.com only 134$ they have 18 colors and like 20 other options/effects also they make wheel well kits for dirt cheap along with anything else you want they have well over 50 kits you should check it out ill post picks when i get it installed i got the 6pc one million collor kit

If you were going to show the car, then I could see it helping present the car. Take a look at RollinLS' ride. He's got some underbody lighting, as well as some in the interior. However, it is VERY tastefully done and was actually from one of his sponsors. I believe he uses it only for shows. He's one a ton of competitions/shows with it, so it's definitely helped him.

I'd agree that it's not too good for a daily driver, nor is it practical. There's too much risk of a tube breaking, and if you live up North then you have to look at taking them off once the nastier weather starts rolling in.

^ He's right. a friend of mine drove his car in the winter and the tubes blew out... also I wanted to put the neons or LED light bars underneath, but it looks like a wanna be ricer, dont do it

You saw one on a Mark...That's justifiable homicide!

Neons are different looking, illegal as hell here in VA - any neon -lisc plate, under-body, interior... they consider them a traffic hazard cause it distracts other drivers. You cant even sit in a parking lot with them on - same principle as above- drivers on the road could see it and get distracted. Only place you could have them is in your driveway or inside a garage. Tax dollars at work.
illegal here in NY too ;)

A crisp white LED kit would look cool.

Also old thread is old.

Doh! I gotta do a better job at checking thread dates before I reply.

dont worry about it Todd, i do it all the time, except I always quote somebody from the three year old text and not the guy that dug it up!

Members online

No members online now.
Back