UberX with the LS

Took 3 UberX riders on a 140mph run across the bridge last night. They loved it. One guy said it felt stronger than his Firehawk SLP.

Hope you were doing that in the middle of the night. Only time I can get above 90 on any of the bridges around here without hitting traffic.

How does this work with your insurance? My policy specifically excludes usage as a "public or livery conveyance," which means transporting people or goods for hire.

How does this work with your insurance? My policy specifically excludes usage as a "public or livery conveyance," which means transporting people or goods for hire.

most people don't even consider this...

That's what happen to a fellow around here many years ago, was running shuttle with a van and veered off the road, killing half the occupants, they took him for all his worth!

Uber covers $1,000,000 for injuries to the customer. They will also cover up to $25,000 for the drivers car if something should happen while the driver is online. If the driver's private policy won't cover it, Uber will cover minus a $1000 deductible.

Exclamation from some recent UberX riders: "Hey that yellow ramp sign says 35mph and you are doing 80 dude! Whoa!! WTF! What the hell kinda car is this, a Lincoln?" Then, his buddy says "Man were doing 125 already! I've never been in an UberX at triple digits before this is awesome!" We come up on a slow moving car and I have to stand on the brakes. Another guy in the back says " Damn I almost sharted! I take a ramp with a 35mph yellow sign at about 70mph. The guy in the front with me says "Holy crap man this thing corners like an F1!"

I'm all for spirited driving but you're going to get someone killed. Seriously. That stuff is for the track.

I'm all for spirited driving but you're going to get someone killed. Seriously. That stuff is for the track.
I hear you. Rest assured, I kept it well within the limits of the car. But, you are correct though. However, most drivers go 80- 90 around here anyway. I will tone it down a bit though.

Robot, what suspension do you have? I didn't get a chance to see my car from the outside when it was loaded with two rear passengers and 4-24 packs, but I felt low. I bottomed out on a bad railroad crossing, too. I have a sport but wouldn't be surprised if I have the wrong shocks, so maybe that's why I bottomed out. I wasn't sure if I was low or just used to my 97 Taurus with saggy rear springs (Moog cargo coils now, no sag, even when loaded).

Robot, what suspension do you have? I didn't get a chance to see my car from the outside when it was loaded with two rear passengers and 4-24 packs, but I felt low. I bottomed out on a bad railroad crossing, too. I have a sport but wouldn't be surprised if I have the wrong shocks, so maybe that's why I bottomed out. I wasn't sure if I was low or just used to my 97 Taurus with saggy rear springs (Moog cargo coils now, no sag, even when loaded).

Riding low is a spring problem, not a shock issue. Shocks control how quickly it moves up and down. Springs are the only thing that holds it up against gravity.

I'm sure that both of mine must sit a little lower when fully loaded, but not enough that I've ever been able to tell just by looking, or by the way that it handled.

I have the standard sport suspension. With 3 200 pounders in the back and one in the front it might have dropped 1/4 inch. I weigh 185 and when I sit on the trunk sill, it doesn't even budge. I think it handles better with full load of people in it. Seems more stable. I love stiff rebound in my shocks.

Members online

No members online now.
Back