UberX with the LS

Robot

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
For the past 3 weeks I've been using my LS for UberX with some very interesting comments about the car from the riders from here in the states and across the pond most which have BMW, Mercedes, Audis, and the like. If anyone would like to hear the comments, let me know and I will post them here.

Had to research what UberX was, but I would love to hear what everyone has to say! See what non LS owners think.

Ditto. Interested in LS specific aspects of Uber, and what it's like driving for Uber generally speaking.

Not a lot of room to carry passengers. I hate when I have to have people in the back.

aka: Robot the Transporter

Rule #1 ...

View attachment 828469087

OK guys, here is the followup.

For the three weeks I've been doing the UberX I have done 96 trips and made more than $1600.

Everyone absolutely loves the LS. The riders that own BMW, Mercedes, Audis have been very impressed with the performance. I took a guy and his girl phone last night in the rain. He has a Mercedes E55. He told his girl he thought the LS was a bit better than his car. I really don't believe that. I think it has to do with the driver. Most comments were about the power, sound, and the cornering as well as the lack of dive under braking. They all seem to like the amount of room in the back. They also love the sound system which is just the 4 speaker setup.

I had to jump on an Audi A7 from a light because I was loosing my lane. He was toast and it was wet. The passengers were very impressed.

The LS has a hard time breaking traction from the light but once above 3000 rpm the traction control light starts to flash. I like that! That is from the can work I had done a while back.

FYI, the LS has slightly more room in front than the TownCar but not in the back. Most passengers are surprised the LS isn't made anymore.

I can't take it up above 6000 rpm and that's OK because when I shift to 5th it still accelerates like a rocket because it will drop into the lower range. That makes me feel good. I came home with 19.2 mpg

1. Buy '06 LS
2. Use as cab
3. ???
4. Profit!!!

1. Buy '06 LS
2. Use as cab
3. ???
4. Profit!!!
I am NOT using it as a cab. I can't actually go and pick up flags. The riders use the app to summon the driver. Drivers picture comes up along with is raining and then there is presentation of where the car is located in relation to wear the writer realize so the writer can tell the progress vehicle going toward the rider. Also, I can see a representation the writer as I approached so I can see about when I get there and where the writer might be.

One other thing. The other night I had 2 Brits in the car. They were both exclaiming how nice the LS was and one guy couldn't get over how nice the leather felt and smelled. That made me proud!

I use Uber as a rider all the time.

I would love to use my LS as an Uber, but not unless I went back to stock height and stock wheels/tires. So basically not worth it.

And yes, the backseat leg room would be a major issue, you would need to have both front seats moved forward a pretty good amount or people will be uncomfortable, I imagine.

I'm curious, what you total cost of gas was during those 30 days?? I love using Uber when I am in Chicago. Prices are great, cars you ride in are nice and people to that pick you up have been very friendly. Also, the longest I have ever waited for an Uber "cab" was 5 mins.

I would love to use my LS as an Uber, but not unless I went back to stock height and stock wheels/tires. So basically not worth it.

And yes, the backseat leg room would be a major issue, you would need to have both front seats moved forward a pretty good amount or people will be uncomfortable, I imagine.
I had 3 people in the car one day. Dad was about 400 lbs, daughter was about 300, and mom was about 350. As far as I could tell there was maybe 1/4 inch drop. I also had a trip with 4 200lb guys in back and the car just rode a bit stiffer. when they got out there was no rise at all that I could tell.

I'm curious, what you total cost of gas was during those 30 days?? I love using Uber when I am in Chicago. Prices are great, cars you ride in are nice and people to that pick you up have been very friendly. Also, the longest I have ever waited for an Uber "cab" was 5 mins.
I go through about 400 miles a week averaging a bought 18.5 miles per gallon.

There is no issue with leg room. I had a 7 footer in front ant a 6 footer in back and the guy in back had about 3 inches to spare for his knees. and plenty of headroom. no complaints.

Try sitting back there some time. The back seat is surprisingly comfortable.

Try sitting back there some time. The back seat is surprisingly comfortable.

Once you are in it's comfortable. Your knees actually fold up some and you sit lower then your knees. It's not bad, once you are in there. Getting my size 13's in and out of the car is the problem for me.

Yup. Sitting there isn' bad. It is the attempt of dragging shoes in and out of the gap. If they had simply ate into about 6 inches of trunk space, the LS would be one amazing cab.

Had someone break the lower plastic piece behind the driver seat with their shoe. Definitely not the easiest to get in or out.

The People's Republik has two bills aimed at eliminating/outlawing this practice..... AB612 and AB2293.

Figures.......

Chicago is fighting it haaaaaaard, too. Hate hate hate cabs, so far every Uber has been great. Wife just had one guy get lost, but the ride was free. Cars I've been in: VW CC, Venza, M5, multiple Audis and Mercs, and there's a dude in Cali that has a Lambo. It's a work when you want deal. Punch in when you're bored, need some money, etc.

Chicago is fighting it haaaaaaard, too. Hate hate hate cabs, so far every Uber has been great. Wife just had one guy get lost, but the ride was free. Cars I've been in: VW CC, Venza, M5, multiple Audis and Mercs, and there's a dude in Cali that has a Lambo. It's a work when you want deal. Punch in when you're bored, need some money, etc.
Here UberX requires 4door.

Took 3 UberX riders on a 140mph run across the bridge last night. They loved it. One guy said it felt stronger than his Firehawk SLP.

I wonder if they charge a vomit clean-up fee like the cabs in Chicago do. $50!!! Best thing I've ever read on a fare schedule in a cab.

I guess I should look into how much uber rides are. Although my problem is some guy showing up in a 4-door econobox and me trying to get my tank ass in it.

Members online

No members online now.
Back