Turned to the dark side. Sappers 98 Black on Black LSC

When Laser does it...I can't do it

I need new pictures taken before then anyway

A junkyard score!

But first, a break!
f9054c7b.jpg

Now shove this pointy thing in there with brute force!
94dc2de3.jpg

Cut enough from the sides and the top until you can flex the glass and see daylight

Because once you do, you can cut the rest from the outside...
df2337fb.jpg

22697b5e.jpg

2f73cf66.jpg

And out, in about 45 minutes if you don't count the breaks to wipe sweat and guzzle water. It was 102* today

ba9b2f94.jpg

Nice perfect trim ;)
e3fe9c47.jpg

dad04c65.jpg

So for those of you that want to know how much it cost to get "a new one" here's 1 method, find it, cut it out yourself ...(I plan on installing myself too)..the glass cost me a whopping $40

Small tip from a glass guy: bring a spray bottle full of water. Spray the urethane (the black rubbery "glue" that holds the backglass in) before and while cutting. Makes the slicing go much easier.

Any Install tips would be cool too, like "glue" brands to use, ones to stay away from.
Easy method of removing tint film, and remaining "glue" from the glass

Hmm, I really dig it. Cant wait to see it in person tomorrow. Is that with the black acrylic enamel I gave you?

Already did the door panels, just gotta install them...I bought a trim set from the JY for $5 just incase I didn't like it.

The paint I got from you was used on that grill, this is krylon Fusion for plastics -gloss-

Sapper came over to use a shaded work area to replace the valve cover gaskets. Great fun! Not! He eventually listened to me when I said to remove the motor mount bolt allowing the covers to go off and on with ease.
Should keep the coils and plugs dry now, they were pretty wet.

IMGP0589.jpg

IMGP0590.jpg

IMGP0591.jpg

IMGP0594.jpg

Mine are leaking too, I just keep cleaning it out until I get my mechanic buddy to so some other work for me at the same time. I hope I can trust him, it's getting to the point where I can't get my car worked on anymore. Can't work here at my apartment, and can't find a shop that has time to do the work right away while I wait/obseve in the distance. I won't leav emy car to be hamfisted by some slaphappy oil monkey retard.

Ha! You would want to kick my ass, ask Jamie. If something CAN go wrong working on my car to make it harder, it WILL! Not that I wouldn't want to shoot the Sh*t with, or have my car worked on by those who know it well... But, if I had that kind of money, to drive to Texas to have my car worked on, I'd be driving Bill's car, or the one before the current one for that matter!

Members online

No members online now.
Back