Transmission fill easy as pie

For the most part, I believe Lincoln's idea was to herd most owners to a shop for transmission service and truly because they most likely wanted a filter replaced anytime there was any fluids being drained and refilled. It really is a great idea to do a fluid and filter change all at the same time to be certain a mechanic sees what's in the pan and filter such as fine metal etc. It only stands to help diagnose a future or existing problem all while replacing the filter with a fresh batch of Mercon 5. I change the trans fluid and filters in all my cars every 25,000 to 30,000 miles just to be good to them. Ford/Lincoln says every 100,000 miles which I cannot fathom. So, no dip stick means the shade tree mechanics will opt likely to getting recommended service done rather than getting a job done only half as it should (half ass).
No, no, no. The reason there isn't a dip stick is there isn't enough room to load the drivetrain from the bottom. If you were to see (as I have) how the chassis "marries" to the chassis you would understand.

... Ford/Lincoln says every 100,000 miles which I cannot fathom. So, no dip stick means the shade tree mechanics will opt likely to getting recommended service done rather than getting a job done only half as it should (half ass).

Actually, they say to change it (LS transmission fluid) every 150K miles.
There are many cars with no transmission dipstick. There are even a few cars with no engine oil dipstick.

Actually, they say to change it (LS transmission fluid) every 150K miles.
There are many cars with no transmission dipstick. There are even a few cars with no engine oil dipstick.

Many modern cars do not have engine oil dipsticks. Anything BMW/Audi/Mercedes that's relatively modern comes to mind (of course there are some exceptions). It's sad, really. I hate to rely on a sensor to tell me the oil level.

Many modern cars do not have engine oil dipsticks. Anything BMW/Audi/Mercedes that's relatively modern comes to mind (of course there are some exceptions). It's sad, really. I hate to rely on a sensor to tell me the oil level.

They are also doing away with the kids that walk up and ask: "check the oil, Sir?"

Cars nowadays are going way too technical and not in a good way. They should leave the drivetrain away from all this senor crap and keep it simple. Sorry but removing dipstick from the engine and transmission is plain stupid. They can go all technical on self parking, blind spot, navigation, and sensor cruise control etc... but leave the other mechanical things to basic level.

Members online

No members online now.
Back