Traction Assist and Nitrous

seionkelley

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Two questions... Does the 1994 mark viii have traction assist? If so, where is the button because I can't find it anywhere in the car. If I install a 100 shot nitrous dry kit on my mark what all would I need to change or modify?
Thanks
Kelley

If you dont have a button ahead of the gear selector then you dont have it.
For the nitrous system I would get a window switch and make sure the fuel system is up to snuff first..... and change the plugs.

What is a window switch and do I need to upgrade my fuel system?
Thanks
If you dont have a button ahead of the gear selector then you dont have it.
For the nitrous system I would get a window switch and make sure the fuel system is up to snuff first..... and change the plugs.

Not trying to be a smart ass, but you might just do some reading up elsewhere on nitrous systems. There is a LOT to learn if you have never dealt with it before. They have a WOT switch, that will only feed nitrous when your throttle is wide open, and there is also a window switch that will only feed nitrous above and below a certain RPM.

1-2 steps colder plugs, possibly a fuel system upgrade. I do not run a window switch, but I am very careful. My system will not spray unless I am at full throttle, but you can be at full throttle and low RPM. Even if it is a minimul amount of time, you are still dumping nitrous into the engine and that's when you can issues.

Members online

No members online now.
Back