Top 5 Problems For Ls

door latches/actuators 2x
coils 8x
degas bottle 1x
headlights fixed, but ongoing
clockspring, have part, but need to fix.

Dont' forget the Master Cylinder for AdvanceTrac

No Supercharger "kit"
No Turbo "kit"
No LS diff's
Very little aftermarket anything
That's only four, but that's enough...

I've experienced NONE of the above problems in my 2006 LS.

DITTO!

My 2001 LS, after 50,000 miles, had bad rear window regulators and leaky headlights, all fixed under warranty.

My 2003 LS, after 55,000 miles, had the droopy headliner and trans reflash, again all fixed under warranty.

My 2006 LS, after 20,000 miles, has had NO malfunctions or warranty repairs of any kind.

I think the #1 problem is its made by ford and in my opinion is that ford really sucks, but thats just my opinion am not trying to bash on anyones prefence.

Need help with parts...

Hello my fellow drivers...

Here are the things that I need to have done to my car, but I just wanted to have your opinion about parts to use.

1) Replace spark plugs; which ones to buy if that matters?

2) Replace coils; what exactly do I need to buy? What are the specific part names/numbers?

3) Install valve cover gasket; is LH - XW4Z-6584-BB Gasket Kit and RH - XW4Z-6584-AB Gasket Kit all that I need?

4) Replace window "controller/motor(?)" my right-rear window stopped acting as it's suppose to, so I assume that's what the problem is.

Any input will be greatly appreciated, since I just started learning not only about my LS, but cars in general!

Hello my fellow drivers...

Here are the things that I need to have done to my car, but I just wanted to have your opinion about parts to use.

1) Replace spark plugs; which ones to buy if that matters?

2) Replace coils; what exactly do I need to buy? What are the specific part names/numbers?

3) Install valve cover gasket; is LH - XW4Z-6584-BB Gasket Kit and RH - XW4Z-6584-AB Gasket Kit all that I need?

4) Replace window "controller/motor(?)" my right-rear window stopped acting as it's suppose to, so I assume that's what the problem is.

Any input will be greatly appreciated, since I just started learning not only about my LS, but cars in general!

What size motor do you have? 1-use the oem spark plugs. 2-this is why we need the motor size. Usually you can find them on Ebay. I bought all 8 for about 20 bucks more than the dealer wanted for 1! 3-make sure the gaskets kit has the "O" rings for the plugs with it. 4-it's called a window regulator on Ebay for a decent price. I think they're on Ebay for about 60 bucks. And 5- do a search for info and read the tech articles. There are several people on here to know a great deal about the LS. QuikLS, ILLS, NYCLSC, GrayGhost1, just to name a few. Hope you enjoy your new (and expensive) toy and welcome to the forum.

Appreciate the mention, but I'm still a rookie with the LS. I basically just get in and drive it. Now if he needed help with a Mark VII.....;)

:Beer

Here is what i've had to replace so far, 2002LS 3.9 AUTO, Owned 50K to 75k Miles:

1) New Front Sway bar + Bushings ($105ish, did labor myself - this sucked)
2) 4x Coils/Gasket/Plugs for passenger side (~$200, did this myself)
3) DCCV replaced ($65-$120 did labor myself))
4) right front window regulator ($65, did labor myself)
5) left front window regulator ($65, did labor myself YESTERDAY)
6) Foggy headlights (sealed myself, still suck)

Things still to do - intermittent drivers seat motor causes seat not to move forward/backward at times

Replace little chrome thingy on center AC vent.

What size motor do you have? 1-use the oem spark plugs. 2-this is why we need the motor size. Usually you can find them on Ebay. I bought all 8 for about 20 bucks more than the dealer wanted for 1! 3-make sure the gaskets kit has the "O" rings for the plugs with it. 4-it's called a window regulator on Ebay for a decent price. I think they're on Ebay for about 60 bucks. And 5- do a search for info and read the tech articles. There are several people on here to know a great deal about the LS. QuikLS, ILLS, NYCLSC, GrayGhost1, just to name a few. Hope you enjoy your new (and expensive) toy and welcome to the forum.

Hello. My motor size is 3.9L V8. Sorry for not mentioning

1 tranny
2 buttons on dash above radio
3 seat backs
4 coils
5 air bag
6 oh only five huh..

Here is what i've had to replace so far, 2002LS 3.9 AUTO, Owned 50K to 75k Miles:

1) New Front Sway bar + Bushings ($105ish, did labor myself - this sucked)
2) 4x Coils/Gasket/Plugs for passenger side (~$200, did this myself)
3) DCCV replaced ($65-$120 did labor myself))
4) right front window regulator ($65, did labor myself)
5) left front window regulator ($65, did labor myself YESTERDAY)
6) Foggy headlights (sealed myself, still suck)

Things still to do - intermittent drivers seat motor causes seat not to move forward/backward at times

Replace little chrome thingy on center AC vent.

yeah where can i get one of those chrome thingy's?

I've had my 2004 LS V8 for about a year now, just turned over 30k miles.

1) Throttle Position Sensor
2) Throttle Body
3) Steering gear noise, special additive per TSB
4) Mass Air Meter
5) PCM
6) Intake Manifold
7) Coil Misfire
8) O2 sensor
9) Trans solenoid pack
10) Fuel, Reset, etc. buttons fell into dash
11) Left seatback fell off
12) Right seatback fell off
13) Headliner dropped
14) Catalytic Converter

All replaced under warranty, but what a PITA.

"Replace spark plugs; which ones to buy if that matters?"

I understand the NGK Iridium IX are the best. Bought eight today.

this is an easy one for me! the others know what im going to say... ;)

Groupe Gabriel Ford in montreal, canada.
stay away, stay away! lol

alright now i feel better.. :)

"Replace spark plugs; which ones to buy if that matters?"

I understand the NGK Iridium IX are the best. Bought eight today.

I just got 8 BOSCH PLATINUM FUSION plugs and replaced them myself. The engine sounded nice for around 30km and then all the misfiring came back again. I didnt replace the coils - I cleaned them in the process though and thats why I think it actually didnt misfire for those 30km.

So... Im back to square on after 6h labour and new spark plugs. I guess it's the time to buy the gasket kits... i found here that I need to buy XW4Z-6584-BB and XW4Z-6584-AB, but I can't find them anywhere online. Also, which coils should I buy specifically? It's a 2000 V8 btw.

Thanks a lot!

Members online

Back