took my XLR in for service today

KillerCTSV said:
By the way Quick LS,a CTS-V could out handle your LS anyday.

Based on what facts? Do you know anything about my car?

You keep spewing - nothing to back it up - except your bad grammar.

KillerCTSV said:
And Towncar97-http://www.automobilemag.com/news/new_2005/Pickup_Trucks/0410_mark_lt/

Here is the article

OK, so the last Lincoln-badged pickup was the Blackwood (a.k.a. the Blackhole, the Deadwood, and the Whywould), a vehicle mis-begotten enough to make the Edsel look inspired. Rest assured, the new Mark LT is no Blackwood. Based on the very fine Ford F-150 SuperCrew, the four-door Lincoln Mark LT promises to be-unlike its monochromatic forebear-a bona fide, honest-to-goodness truck, available with two- or four-wheel drive and sporting an actual, fill-it-up-and-get-it-dirty bed (no carpeting or African wenge wood back there, thank you very much). Behind that familiar waterfall grille resides the F-150's excellent, three-valves-per-cylinder, 5.4-liter Triton V-8, which produces 300 hp and 365 lb-ft of torque.

ON SALE: Early 2005
PRICE: $52,845-$56,545
ENGINE: 300-hp, 5.4-liter V-8
BOTTOM LINE: Let's pretend the Blackwood never happened, OK? This is a worthy Lincoln pickup.

Notice the line that says on sale early 2005. This implies that when the article was written that pricing information was not yet released. So, they were just making an educated guess. A bad and incorrect one.

Have a nice day :N :L

KillerCTSV said:
By the way Quick LS,a CTS-V could out handle your LS anyday.

whocares3.jpg

Based on what facts? Do you know anything about my car?

Well,according to the mods YOU listed,there is no indication of suspention or chassis modifcations anywhere.So unless for some reason you forgot to list some of your mods,there has been no work done to your suspention or chassis.If you have those kind of mods done to your LS,maybe you should list them on your mods list so that people don't think what I did.My sh!t has been spewed,and plenty to back it up.You people. :Bang

Hey TownCar97,I was on my way home from work today.I drove by the local Lincoln Mercury dealership.And since they can't sell anything,they were having a huge sale.In which I must mention the silver Mark LT out front,on the roof there was this huge sign,it said-SALE!$48,995.Written in window marker on the windshield-$52,000.So it appears that what Lincoln says they sell for,well,it isn't what your always going to pay at the dealership.

And
TWasAroundHere,QuickLS started a comparison between his his car and the higher performance CTS-V.So,apparently someone cares.And since you both responded to what I said,Its quite obvious that you both care.Im going by the fact that I don't respond to posts that I don't care about.If you didn't care about it,why then the response.

wrong again dude - YOU started the comparisons - read the threads.

And if you read more of this board you'll find that most of my mods are in the braking and suspension area. I autocross twice per month - Solo2 class ESP #0018.

I never said my car was better in any of the posts, it's an LS, it's a fine car - it will never be a 1/4 mile rocket nor a Grand-Am racer - but it does ok. I'll keep trying to make it better.

You jumped into a thread where a cadillac guy made a fun joke about a lincoln, I made one back. All your crap is simply out of context. enough already.

You started a direct comparison between a CTS-V and your LS.Which I responded to.It was quite clear that thats what was being mentioned by TWas.

I was looking at your mod list in you "garage" area.I saw nothing on suspention work.

And Im also making fun of Lincolns.What the difference?The difference is is that you have tried to turned this into an insult contest.I could care less but just for the records,I do believe you tried to insult me several times on my grammar.TownCar had aslo tried to insult me by trying to say I was immature.Ever since I joined in on this thread you have been nothing but a complete ball buster.Now,since this thread has turned into something useless,just have a mod close the damn thing.

Killer CTSV

To combat your claim that no Cadillac looks like any other car, just take a look at this link. A very sexy Cadillac based off of the SAAB 9-3. It is a beautiful car and it will only be sold in Europe. But as stated above, it is based off of the SAAB 9-3 and if I was not told this I could have guessed it myself

http://www.allcarscentral.com/forums/index.php?topic=403.0

Also, here is a link to a forum thread at All Cars Central listing an article from motor trend magazine. The article states that the interior of the brand new STS is Cavalier Cheap. I myself have touched the interior panels at the auto show and it is a little coarse for a luxury car, especially a Cadillac.

http://www.allcarscentral.com/forums/index.php?topic=381.0

If you ask me this is proof enough to dispel your suggestion that Cadillac has some omnipotent power over any other car manufacturer to make them perfectly flawless. Just to let everyone know, neither GM nor Ford is known for high quality. Can anyone guess what car manufacturer is? That's right Toyota. To bad the only car they make that I like is $74,000 (Lexus LS 430)

These are my last remarks on this topic; hope to have more friendly discussions in other threads in the future.

TownCar97
:L

KillerCTSV said:
My sh!t has been spewed,and plenty to back it up.
Don't care about the debate, but this line . . . man, what an allegory LOL!!

Peace to both sides. Out.

What ever you think, building a lincoln on a mazda platform is a bad idea. The LS was a great car...Lincoln is making the same mistake Caddy did with the Eldorado...leaving it alone and not updating and evolving the line.

the escalade only really looked like a chevy the first year, then it was redesigned and took off.

My take...

The LS rides on a superb platform.
Unfortunately Lincoln chose not to develop it.
The 00 -02 LS rides on a stiffer suspension.
The 03 to present is softer bowing to demands from "traditional" Lincoln dealers.

But to give you an idea just what potential the LS has, it out handled every car short of 3 Porsches on the wet skid pad trials at the One Lap of America
event last year. The only suspension changes were stiffer springs, thicker sway bar and adjustable shocks...and that was it. The LS uses a race designed all-aluminum suspension with anti-dive characteristics.
Aluminum hood, front fenders, trunk lid, battery-in-the trunk etc...
Much more that ANY dealer ever told a perspective customer.

This year they will compete with a Roush-built 4.6.
450 RW horsepower is their target.
THIS IS THE CAR LINCOLN SHOULD HAVE BUILT !!

I own a 2000 LS V8 Sport but I have also driven a CTS-V on the slalom course at a Cadillac event.

There is so much more power in the Cadillac that it's hard to imagine the actual handling differences.
I preferred the LS steering but the Caddie was not bad at all.

XLR
I also drove an XLR and I thought that it was MUCH more streetable than the new Vette.
Very smooth driver and great handler. But you have to live with virtually NO none, nada storage space at all.
Styling..hmm..Lund has an XLR body kit based on the Rides TV show that can dress up the front and rear of the XLR IMNSHO.

esperman said:
the escalade only really looked like a chevy the first year, then it was redesigned and took off.

The only real change that caddy made to the escalade is the front end. They then used the same sheet metal as the suburban and just covered up the curves with their body cladding. There is nothing wrong with that, the Escalade is a nice car, but I think it gets more credit than it is due.

TownCar97 :L

But the thing is,they made it right.They didn't make it look like crap like Pontiac did on the Asstec.They made it look good.But we see what a difference and distincion a little body cladding can make.People just like it.It gives the Escalade more lines than the Yukon orTahoe.

To combat your claim that no Cadillac looks like any other car, just take a look at this link. A very sexy Cadillac based off of the SAAB 9-3. It is a beautiful car and it will only be sold in Europe. But as stated above, it is based off of the SAAB 9-3 and if I was not told this I could have guessed it myself

And is there a point there?The BTS is BASED of the 9-3.BASED.Not A 9-3.You can base anycar of another.That Doesn't mean they look alike.The BTS and 9-3 show no similarities in styling whatsoever.Just like the LS is based of a Mazda,yet look nothing alike.

Also, here is a link to a forum thread at All Cars Central listing an article from motor trend magazine. The article states that the interior of the brand new STS is Cavalier Cheap. I myself have touched the interior panels at the auto show and it is a little coarse for a luxury car, especially a Cadillac.

Ok buddy.Take it from someone that owns a 2005 STS.Any real car enthusiast would agree with me when I said that this guy pulled that statement out of his ass.This car if far from cheap.Everything is either leather vinel,except the trim around the radio,which is expected.The vinel peices are all padded,not hard plastic.Unlike my uncles 04 5 series.I'll tell yah why I never pay attention to anything in a magazine like that.Eversince foreigners took over the U.S . auto industry in sales,they have always bern biased.Those magazines are biased about German,British and Jap cars.Theres no doubt about that.Whens the last you had seen an American car win in one of their comparisons?You rarely see them included.And when they are,they usually take last place.When some readers like myself know that the American car is far better than they are rating it.So as far as Im concerned you can eat your magazine article because I own the damn car and believe me,I didn't pay almost 65 grand for cheaness.

If you ask me this is proof enough to dispel your suggestion that Cadillac has some omnipotent power over any other car manufacturer to make them perfectly flawless. Just to let everyone know, neither GM nor Ford is known for high quality. Can anyone guess what car manufacturer is? That's right Toyota. To bad the only car they make that I like is $74,000 (Lexus LS 430)

Nobody but you said that Cadillac was flawless.I guess mag. editors aren't the only ones that pull crap out of their ass.I like Cadillacs because they have always been nothing but greatness to me.If I found them to be pieces of :q:q:q:q,I wouldn't like them.Makes sense eh?

If I had an XLR I wouldn't be spending 2 seconds on a message board like this.

I'd be driving it, or flying witn John Travolta to Aspen.

Seriously...why bother with a board like this. I mean are you going to get tune up tips from someone here? Is your yacht broke or something? :F

boyd69 said:
If I had an XLR I wouldn't be spending 2 seconds on a message board like this.

I'd be driving it, or flying witn John Travolta to Aspen.

Seriously...why bother with a board like this. I mean are you going to get tune up tips from someone here? Is your yacht broke or something? :F

:slam What, you think I'm interested in doing a tune up on an XLR??
I got my yacht to work on :wrench

I check in here mostly for the "Anything Goes" stuff and some politics,
but there's a good group of people here and they're serious car enthusiasts.

I get most of my XLR info on another board
http://www.xlrforum.com/

i have a CTS and i am vey fond of ls's LS and i love the 90's towncars and devilles but i dont think anyone really cares about fianancial stuff about the companies the fact is cadillac and lincoln are the two most prominent american car brands in my opinion and have alot of history, ups and downs and sucesses and failures but the fact is usually people like what they have if i had an LS id be an LS fanatic but i dont i have a CTS and i know more about the cts then the ls and the ls owner knows more then me about their own car i am happy with mine id love an xlr or a mark but i dont have one but these 2 marques are beautiful and should not be argued over in my opinion and on another lighter note quikLS.....your ride is effing bad

new frame and steering and suspension Town Car

I grabbed my brand new Town Car in Nov of 02 I wanted a early build (the stamping dies are sharper when new) I had been in the same car as a rental for two months, I just couldn't give it up, the car is like the 98 nthru 02 except that it is like on steroids, I sure wouldn't mind more power, but it is still commanding, it got 14 in town and 27 the road doing 73 when new and would smoke the rear tire for about ten ft, then I asked them if they could kick it up a notch, that was a mistake, they screwed it up it lost over 4mpg on the highway and about six in the city, it took some doing and taking the dealer to court, but they just reprogrammed it, it is doing 15-16 in the city it is easy to feather the throttle now and the road is doing 30 to 33 I do not believe it, I rode in the car with the Ford engineers, one drove and the other worked the programer we exchanged car stories, I wonder if it helped that I drove in with the Auto Engiunity hooked up I could see every sensor and reading but could hot adjust anything it was running at times 10degrees ATDC, it made me fume, I am al lot happier now they timed the shifts better too, its so nice not to have to push down so far on pedal to make it go, this is my @10 or 11 full size Lincoln, my first one was a 57 thats all for now, I hate fwd, no turning radius, and more unstable on a larger car. I like my smooth rider, btw I have three Maseratis, too and three other Townies my 88 is almost pristine except that the vinyl top is checking it has almost 400,,000 miles on it, I see the cars when they get wrecked, the cads will put the heqter core through the firewall in a really high speed crash, and come in under the passenger airbag, not a good thing, I walked away from a high speed cross the center line head on crash in a 76 TC coupe, The higway patrol man asked what he could do to help me I asked him to pull on the door al little so I could get out, it shoved the engine and trans under the car and lifted the car up the other car just bounced and sliced the head of the driver off on the A pillar, and sunk the steering wheel into his skull on his right side, I walked over and looked, he was .33 blood alcohol. I like my Big Lincolns, got rear ended sitting at a light by a new Infinity ti crackled the paint on my bumper cover, and did 15 grand damage and totaled the little car.

'42
TownCar97 said:
I would say that the exterior of the navigator is just as different for the expedition as the escalade is from the chevy trucks. Look at the shape of the headlights on the new cadillac and compare them to the headlights on the chevy trucks. As well as for the hood.

Don't even get me started on the interior of the escalade. It has been the same as the yukons and suburbans since they started making the car. What about the Navigator interior compared to the expedition interior. It bears no resemblence whatsoever. Obviously you are biased against ford, and have no respect for the best selling truck in the world for 27 years in a row.

Bottom line. Navigator is more diferentiated from the expedition that the escalade is from the suburban.

Town car, has needed an overhaul for a long time, they are working on that right now.

Aviator is being dumped and replaced with a crossover vehicle

Lincoln, while still somewhat resembling its ford counterpart, is doing something about it.

You may be able to diferentiate a cadillac from any other car, but can you diferentiate a CTS grille from an STS grill. Its more difficult that to tell a Town Car from an LS. But, there is nothing wrong with that.

Sounds like you have some pent up tension toward Lincoln.

I think a nice ride in the pillow soft Town Car would do you some good.

TownCar97 :L

wood, for blackwood

I looked at the Beautiful Blackwood, when I was shopping my 03 TC it was nice, but made as a rich mans toy for the golf course, what workmanship and attention to amazing detail the bed cover a marvel to see opening and closing, what a toy, it will become a high priced collector vehicle, and is very rare even today, a rich mans toy, not a truck, not practical, but wow. and so what. give it 15 or twenty yeqrs and see what you have to pay for it. of course it is an Excursion based vehicle, but for the insides and its trick features and suspension. I have over 20,000 cars under my belt so far, RBG, I read most of these postings and laugh laugh laugh I prefer a Lincoln ,of course they brag that its mean age of owner is over 70 maybe the old people are on to something they sure have life experience, I sure dont pay sticker for a carl, only an idiot would walk in and do that. its a matter of what you like, I like Lincoln, and I do not have a yacht, but if I did it would need a big crew if not it would only be a little sailor, the Yachts that go to the Bal de La Mere' have huge crews, when you have that much money its nothing to spend 500,000 a month on upkeep,
B
TWasArroundHere said:

Members online

No members online now.
Back