took my XLR in for service today

1_XLR

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
and what do they give me for a loaner.....a Deville.:slam

A frickin' lazy boy on wheels....I kept checking under the seat for the remote control.
What a boat....almost as bad as driving a Lincoln:woowoo2:

1_XLR said:
....almost as bad as driving a Lincoln:woowoo2:

I guess the old saying is true - once you go ugly you never go back. :N

Stay with the xlr - you'll be in the only one on the road [/thanx god xlr owner doesn't know it's ugly]

I think the XLR is a totally hot car and 99% of the guys on this board would trade for one if they could.

I have always like large 4 door cars, Fleetwood Cadillacs, Coupe de Ville, ect,
even :C when I was in grade school up to now, but I would sure take an
XLR if I could afford one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

02/21/05 - GM announced it was jammed with a backlog of unsold Cadillac CTS and STS sedans and SRX SUVs. This week, GM announced it is slowing production of the high-end, two-seat Cadillac XLR -- Cadillac's halo car.

DETROIT -- Last summer customers waited in line to buy Cadillac's hot XLR. Now dealers are waiting to sell them.

GM has reduced XLR production at its Bowling Green, Ky., plant from 23 vehicles a day to 12, union officials say.

As of Feb. 1, Cadillac had a 200-day supply of the $76,200 vehicle -- about 1,700 units.

- it's all about value -> http://www.autoweek.com/news.cms?newsId=101909 (as a lincoln guy would say - ugly doesn't sell :N )

vbgarage.php

We've all got our preferences, and I have my issues with the art and science thing, but this is a damn nice car. A Corvette with a more luxurious touch. The pricepoint may be too high for the market to bear, but that is a mistake the marketers made in pricing the car. Nothing to do with the car. Price it at $50K and it probably flies out the door.

Cadillac, like Lincoln and any other domestic brand needs to overcome the poor resale values as compared to imports. That is what is killing the US brands. If you want to trade vehicles fairly often, 3-4 years, you get hammered in value as compared to a comparable import model. That has to change for things to improve in domestic US new car sales.

When you can pick up a $6000-$7000 '98 Mark VIII with under 100,000 miles, you know something is going on.

I just primmed and primped my '98 this past weekend. When I got into the car Monday morning, I could swear I was in a brand new car. Except for some wear on the drivers seat and a couple of bumps and bruises on the body, the car runs and handles like new. With the wraparound 'cockpit', the inside is as 'modern' as any car on the road. Unless you call all the flash trend as modern. Then this car is a little behind the times.

But for the XLR, I look forward to being able to pick one up on the cheap. I sold cars for 4 years. Cars are a bad investment. To call them an investment at all is an oxymoron. Enjoy them for what they provide. Transportation and enjoyment. Some cars cost $100/month to drive and enjoy. Others cost a grand to do the same. In the end, it's up to the owner to decide if the value is there, no matter what kind of car.

If they didn't make any more at all that would be OK with me.
I wouldn't mind being the only ulgy car on the road,
It suits my taste :C

You want to talk sales?Cadillac is worlds ahead of Lincoln.Since Art and Science became Cadillac's new design theme they have been doing great.Sales have surpassed those of BMW and Mercedes Benz.Now Lincoln,oh God,Lincoln.To put in the simplest words possible,Lincoln is on life support.For 40 years Ford has done nothing to make the brand better.The Town Car is still riding on the same suspension and chassis as the 1976 Town Car.They stopped making the Mark Series,big no no.And now to try to improve the brand,they have come out with the Lincoln Mark LT.This Lincoln truck is the same exact truck as the for F-150,besides the prettier grill.Same truck,30 grand more.Same body,same interior.Might as well go buy a F-150 for 30 grand less.People just aren't going for the old,dull,grandma land yachts anymore.Look what Cadillac did.They changed they entire design image back in 2000 starting with the Deville.In the past 5 years,Cadillac has past Mercedes Benz and BMW in yearly sales.In the past 5 years,they have come out with 4 new awsome cars.With 3 more planned for the next 3 years.They were getting close to the same boat as Lincoln.But they woke up and realized what people want.Unless a miracle happens,Fords going to have to pull the plug on Lincoln.What they need to do is what everyone is doing.Benz has AMG.BMW has the M Power.Cadillac woke up and came out with the V-Series.See a trend?Don't yah think Lincoln should jump on the band wagon?They also need to start making cars that don't look like everything else on the road.When theres a Caddy rolling down the road,you take one slight glimpse at it and you know its a Caddy.There some of the most distinct cars out there.

Not sure what you just type cause you hardly use any punctuation.

I believe your facts are incorrect:

you said - "In the past 5 years,Cadillac has past Mercedes Benz and BMW in yearly sales"

http://www.forbes.com/columnists/2004/12/14/cz_jf_1214flint.html
"This year Cadillac will outsell Mercedes-Benz, but won't come close to BMW or Lexus."

you said - "But they woke up and realized what people want"

And since this article - the lots are full and production is now cut:
http://www.autoweek.com/news.cms?newsId=101909
"As of Feb. 1, Cadillac had a 200-day supply of the vehicle -- about 1,700 units."

True - Cadillac has more mommentum than Lincoln in the car division - Ford's decided to position Jaguar as the Luxury line and Lincoln as the 'near-lux' line.

KillerCTSV said:
They stopped making the Mark Series,big no no.And now to try to improve the brand,they have come out with the Lincoln Mark LT.This Lincoln truck is the same exact truck as the for F-150,besides the prettier grill.Same truck,30 grand more.

When theres a Caddy rolling down the road,you take one slight glimpse at it and you know its a Caddy.There some of the most distinct cars out there.

First off, 30 grand more?, no, fully loaded the Mark LT is 47,000. just about 1,000 more than a fully loaded F-150.

Escalade looks just like the suburban, especially the avalanche clone. So don't bash lincon for putting out something that looks like a ford when cadillac puts out something that looks just like a chevy and say cadillac is "distinct".

:L

First off, 30 grand more?, no, fully loaded the Mark LT is 47,000. just about 1,000 more than a fully loaded F-150.

Escalade looks just like the suburban, especially the avalanche clone. So don't bash lincon for putting out something that looks like a ford when cadillac puts out something that looks just like a chevy and say cadillac is "distinct".

Now obviously 30 grand was a number I pulled from my ass.I was actually being sarcastic.And a 4x4 LT can run up to 54 grand.But the thing is,it trulely is the same truck.Sytleing and everything.

Now when you say the Escalade to just like the Suburban,thats just stupid.Styling is TOTALLY different.Unlike the LT and the F-1:q:q:q:qty,cues and lines on the Escalade and Burban are totally different.Front ends are totally different.Unlike the LT and F,you can put the Escalade and Burban next to eachother and actually beable to tell them apart,pretty easily.Its all the same with the Avalanche too.

Now,unlike Ford and Lincoln,besides the Escalade,no Caddy resembles and other GM car.The Navigator resembles the Expedition.The Aviator resembles the Explorer.The Town Junk resembles the Crown Victoria.Before they stopped making them,the Mark series resembled the T-Bird.The Ls and Continental both resembles/d the Taurus.Now,what other GM does the Seville,STS,XLR,Deville,CTS,Eldorado or Fleetwood resmeble? Nothing.

Not sure what you just type cause you hardly use any punctuation.

Well,most people start that kind of sentence with the word "Im".As in "Im not sure...".And the word "cause" in your sentence makes no sense.

I believe your facts are incorrect:

Sir,that document is at the least a year old.I read something someplace online that said Cadillac has passed both BMW and Benz.And was gaining on Lexus.I have not succeeded in finding that document yet but will continue to look.

"As of Feb. 1, Cadillac had a 200-day supply of the vehicle -- about 1,700 units."

Maybe true,but,Cadillac is doing better than they were.And ahead of much of the competition.Cadillac is going to be selling 2 new models over seas within the next 2 years,that should do well,but we'll have to see.

KillerCTSV said:
Now,unlike Ford and Lincoln,besides the Escalade,no Caddy resembles and other GM car.The Navigator resembles the Expedition.The Aviator resembles the Explorer.The Town Junk resembles the Crown Victoria.Before they stopped making them,the Mark series resembled the T-Bird.The Ls and Continental both resembles/d the Taurus.Now,what other GM does the Seville,STS,XLR,Deville,CTS,Eldorado or Fleetwood resmeble? Nothing.

I would say that the exterior of the navigator is just as different for the expedition as the escalade is from the chevy trucks. Look at the shape of the headlights on the new cadillac and compare them to the headlights on the chevy trucks. As well as for the hood.

Don't even get me started on the interior of the escalade. It has been the same as the yukons and suburbans since they started making the car. What about the Navigator interior compared to the expedition interior. It bears no resemblence whatsoever. Obviously you are biased against ford, and have no respect for the best selling truck in the world for 27 years in a row.

Bottom line. Navigator is more diferentiated from the expedition that the escalade is from the suburban.

Town car, has needed an overhaul for a long time, they are working on that right now.

Aviator is being dumped and replaced with a crossover vehicle

Lincoln, while still somewhat resembling its ford counterpart, is doing something about it.

You may be able to diferentiate a cadillac from any other car, but can you diferentiate a CTS grille from an STS grill. Its more difficult that to tell a Town Car from an LS. But, there is nothing wrong with that.

Sounds like you have some pent up tension toward Lincoln.

I think a nice ride in the pillow soft Town Car would do you some good.

TownCar97 :L

I would say that the exterior of the navigator is just as different for the expedition as the escalade is from the chevy trucks. Look at the shape of the headlights on the new cadillac and compare them to the headlights on the chevy trucks. As well as for the hood.

Don't even get me started on the interior of the escalade. It has been the same as the yukons and suburbans since they started making the car. What about the Navigator interior compared to the expedition interior. It bears no resemblence whatsoever. Obviously you are biased against ford, and have no respect for the best selling truck in the world for 27 years in a row.

Bottom line. Navigator is more diferentiated from the expedition that the escalade is from the suburban.

Town car, has needed an overhaul for a long time, they are working on that right now.

Aviator is being dumped and replaced with a crossover vehicle

Lincoln, while still somewhat resembling its ford counterpart, is doing something about it.

You may be able to diferentiate a cadillac from any other car, but can you diferentiate a CTS grille from an STS grill. Its more difficult that to tell a Town Car from an LS. But, there is nothing wrong with that.

Sounds like you have some pent up tension toward Lincoln.

I think a nice ride in the pillow soft Town Car would do you some good.

TownCar97

In your first paragraph,assuming that you have some brains,you are comparing Escalade headlights to the Chevy trucks and not Caddy cars.There is no rememblence at all in the Escalades headlights and the Suburbans headlights.Totally different.I will agree that the interiors are very much alike.But exteriors are a totally different story.

My point is that you can hardly put a Navi and Expedition n ext to each other and tell them apart.Thats not the story with the Escalade and Suburban.You can tell the difference with those two.And yes,I hate Fords.They are junk.And instead of trying to make a more quality product,they continue to build sh!t.The quality and craftsmenship of Fords is just terrible.You go to pick a parts,Ford always has the most vehicles sitting in the yard.Many of which are late 90's vehicles,and I sh!t you not,many Lincolns too.You can't feed any crap to me saying that Fords are good cars,because there just junk.Everyone I know that owns a ford complains about it.My neighbor bought a 2002 F250,brand new off the lot.Two weeks after he got it,his radiator blew up.Shortly after that,his windows started leaking,then shortly after that his chrome wheels started rusting.The truck now has around 50.000 miles,on its second engine,3 tranny,and is about to die again.A good friend of mine,her mother has a 2001 Taurus wagon.Around 75,000 miles,also on the second engine,has had tons of tranny work done to it,and the exaust fell of a few days ago.Her dad also has a 2003 F-150.She says its aways having something replaced on it.Another buddy,2002 Taurus.The engine just went with 32000 miles.He's got a for sale sign on it as we speak.Those are just a few examples.Need I go on?Me on the other hand.Die hard GM(Cadillac if ya wanna go technical)I have owned Caddys since I have been able to drive.And I drive them to there about ready to drop.Never have sold one with under 250,000 miles.Never have had a problem with any of them under 200,000 miles.And the few problems I have had were normal,such as shocks.And other tiny things.My mental brother drives Lincolns.His are junk.There always in the shop getting something fixed.He's got a 1998 Mark that he drives in the summer.Garage kept,never seen snow.50,000 miles on it and the suspension went last summer.Cost him like 6 grand to get it fixed.He keeps buying the things for some reason.Fords are junk.I hate them and have plenty of reasons to.

They should have worked on Town Cars redesign years ago.And its more than "somewhat" resembling Ford.More like duplicating it.

Pillow soft Town Car?The ride in those doesn't compare to that of my STS bud.MRC?Come on now,you need to take a ride in the New STS,Magnetic Ride
Control,reads the road 1000 times per second.And you literally don't feel a thing.I rented a brand new Town Car,(got the deal of a lifetime,had to take it)and maybe its because of being used to my STS,but honestly,I wasn't impressed.There was more road noise and wind noise than I expected.Far more than any Caddy Ive driven.And the ride was OK.Nothing to brag about.Lincolns got some catching up to do.Besides,the design is serverly out dated.

Sorry about any spelling errors I may have made.And for those of you who have trouble reading post with some punctuation errors here and there,try your best.Its pushing midnight.

KillerCTSV said:
And yes,I hate Fords.They are junk.And instead of trying to make a more quality product,they continue to build sh!t.The quality and craftsmenship of Fords is just terrible.You go to pick a parts,Ford always has the most vehicles sitting in the yard.Many of which are late 90's vehicles,and I sh!t you not,many Lincolns too.

When I joined this forum I was under the impression that it would be a place where people of the same interests could discuss the differences and advantages between Lincolns and Cadillacs. It appears that it may have strayed from this original mission statement. You sir have turned this particular thred into a personal vendeta against all those who appreciate Lincoln.

You refuse to accept the possibility that something produced by Ford would be of any value.

You also have refused to engage in intelligent discussion. This is displayed through your vulger use of the english language. It shows your lack of intelligence and I can proudly say that I do not care what you think about Lincoln or Ford.

GM is a good company, as well as Ford. If you want to talk about cars looking like others just take a look at GM's line of SUVs. The Chevy Trailblazer in particular. This platform has now been employed nine times within the same company. Please let me know if I left any variations out.

2 Chevy Trailblazer and extended cab
3 GMC envoy, extended cab and "Convertable" (discontinued)
1 Oldsmobile Bravada
1 Isuzu Ascender
1 Saab whatever they are going to call it.
1 Buick Rainer

All of these models can be seen as extreamly similar in sheet metal as well as their profiles. They give it the "Escalade Treatment" Change the front and slap some fake plastic wood trim on the interior.

How many times has Ford consecutively cloned one platform to look almost the same.

4 times maximum.

1 Mazda 6, Ford Fusion, Mercury Milan, Lincoln Zephyr

This is the only quattro of cars that I can think of that ford has based off of the same chasis that appear to look somewhat allike. and even at that the Zephyr looks nothing like the mazda 6, nor do the fusion or the milan while the GM SUV's all generally look the same.

Ford has been more creative. Their safety systems are more advanced. Town Car was the first car in history to ever recieve 5 stars in all 5 categories of crash tests. And as far as I know it is still the only car to have ever gotten such a rating.

All cadillacs leak oil. My brothers STS leaks oil, his broaghm before it leaked oil. The rappers in music videos talk about how their cadillacs leak oil like it's something to be proud of.

"Cadillac Grilles, Cadillac Grilles, Look at the Oil My Cadillac Spills"

Lincoln as well as cadillac are very good cars but the fact of the matter is is that cadillac is the nicest car company that GM owns. So they are giving it all they have got. Ford has Jaguar into which they have poured allot of money and created a nice line of cars. So this puts Lincoln somewhere in limbo between Buick and Jaguar as far as luxury goes this is why you do not see a V-Series equivalent.

I am happy with the panther cars but they are due for a refurb and they will be great when they are done.

Please improve your attitude

the opening post makes fun of a lincoln, I poked fun back.....

KillerCTSV - you've really lost it.....

:thread:

KillerCTSV said:
Now obviously 30 grand was a number I pulled from my ass.I was actually being sarcastic.And a 4x4 LT can run up to 54 grand.But the thing is,it trulely is the same truck.Sytleing and everything.

Not sure where you got 54 Grand, I went on the Lincoln Build and Price website and put everything that I possibly could on the LT and the price came out to $47,605.

Quick LS-I don't call telling it like it is making fun of something.If you want me to make fun of Lincoln,I can.And also,please,oh please tell me how I've lost anything.Im not the one driving a Lincoln.

And Towncar97-http://www.automobilemag.com/news/new_2005/Pickup_Trucks/0410_mark_lt/

is where I came up with the $54,000 (its actually ranged between $52,845-$56,545.I chose a number in between.)

dude - relax - maybe your grammar will have a chance to catch up to your emotions....

CTS-V - 1/4 mile - 13.1 @ 109
Quik LS - 1/4 mile - 13.9350 @ 109.04

CTS-V = about $90,000 (guessing)
Quik LS = $43,000 + $5,000 in mods

not sure this is something to brag about...... even if you get your grammar on track.

KillerCTSV said:
And Towncar97-http://www.automobilemag.com/news/new_2005/Pickup_Trucks/0410_mark_lt/

I quote from the source meaning the people who sell the vehicle. Isn't that the best place to get the information?

I thought you would have listened to reason, but now you are just acting like a twelve year old. It's really quite funny. :N :L

Quik LS said:
CTS-V - 1/4 mile - 13.1 @ 109

not sure this is something to brag about...... even if you get your grammar on track.

Wow Quik LS that is one awesome car. Love the looks.

Quik LS CTS-V - 1/4 mile - 13.1 @ 109

WHOA buddy!Quick LS,a brand new CTS-V runs at about $50,185.Very inexpensive for what you get.And imagine what you can do to a V with 5 grand.That LS6 would be scary with a supercharger or twin turbo.It would easily bring that time down to low 12s,possibly even high 11s.Iv'e got a buddy with a 2000 WS6 Trans Am.With the LS6.Not sure what stock times(I believe around 13.6) are on a WS6 but he's got a twin turbo set up in his WS6 and does low 12's.I'd say 0-60 in 4.6 seconds and 1/4 in 13.1 is plenty to brag about for $50,000.

I quote from the source meaning the people who sell the vehicle. Isn't that the best place to get the information?

I doubt my source just made it up.

I thought you would have listened to reason, but now you are just acting like a twelve year old. It's really quite funny.

How am I acting like a twelve year old?Because I have beaten you on discussing the topic,instead of accepting that,you resort trying to insult me by calling me a twelve year old.Hows that for immaturity TownCar97?

Members online

No members online now.
Back