To chrome, or not to chrome (Barcelonas)

hinzy

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Jag Barcelonas are going to be my new summer wheels when weather permits (MN :rolleyes:)

I have not seen as LS with chrome barcelonas - So should I do it?
I know chrome wasn't offered as an option so it would have to be done after I get them, but who cares about money right :shifty:

I realize chrome isn't everyones favorite but here is the look

6D2E7459-9B79-4193-BDA8-C020332876A6-7481-000006C341C3278F_zps218f0a3a.gif

My LS sitting on stock wheels (I no longer have these)

D5673254-30BE-4E4A-89D4-95435C913031-17728-00000A47327CF001.jpg

Go For it!!

Chrome aftermarket wheels= cheap

Chrome OEM wheels= Classy!

Usually don't care for chrome but an oem set in chrome is ok in my book!

To me, it depends on what look you are going for/prefer. Im all for silver cars with black windows and wheels, and roof (some cars)

The chrome will look good tho.

Did you get that refurbished set off ebay? I contacted him a few times a couple weeks ago I told him I would send him the 1300 once he got me a few close up pictures but he never got them to me
I would say go chrome. I loved the look of my chrome vulcans on my silver ls. So I think these would look great

Yea it all depends on what other mods you are planning for your car. Also try to look at some cars with similar spoke design in chrome.

Did you get that refurbished set off ebay? I contacted him a few times a couple weeks ago I told him I would send him the 1300 once he got me a few close up pictures but he never got them to me
I would say go chrome. I loved the look of my chrome vulcans on my silver ls. So I think these would look great

No... I talked to him a couple times but he wasn't too forthcoming with pics.
He also said $1360 was the lowest he would ever go (then I seen them sell for $1300)

I'm buying a set from the seller in the UK. I paid for 2 wheels and if they get to me fine with no unexpected issues/fees, then I'll pay for the other 2.

Yea it all depends on what other mods you are planning for your car.

Not a whole lot externally...

I'm currently having my lights worked on (angel eyes/clear markers)
Still not sure if I want to do Eibachs or not
Considering some brakes/rotors and whatnot

Alright you can pull the chrome off then if those are your only plans. But you have to lower it! Lol.

I think they look badass in chrome. I think those wheels have a good look to them and would look good black or chrome

I say pull the trigger

Lower that thing! And send those zeus wheels my way ;)

The zeus will be my winter wheels, or my 'feel like a change' wheels

My only concern with lowering it is the winter.
Any issue with 245/40/19 60 offset with Eibachs?

(I know I could search, but not like I'm starting a new thread ;))

I personally haven't run 245/40 19s, but I know HDave runs them and hes lowered on eibachs.

Also, thanks to T-money, I know the LSx ran 245/40 19s and 275s in the rear with cut eibachs and no reported rubbing issues. Those Volvo wheels IIRC have a 45mm offset so with 60mm you should be "safer."

Trade you 2 barcelonas for your Zeus?! :D

LOL jk keeping my spares for a raining day.

i've thought about it. I have 2 extra fronts, but with how rare these are it might get expensive to replace one if the worse were to happen.

Go for it. I like them. They should look sick on your LS.:cool:

If you like them chromed then go for it, it is your car, everybody else likes what they like but if you like it when you get in everyday then that is what matters.

If I had a ton of money I would have a different set of rims for every season. :)

--Slixter

sigone.jpg

Members online

No members online now.
Back