Tire/wheel size question

djwhy60

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I am in the process of deciding on a set of wheels and tires. It is a good thing to have a brother who is a district manager for Firestone! I am going to drop the car down and wanted to know what the best size wheel/tire is to go with. I know this an opinion thing...just wanted to run it by all first...Thanks!

I am in the process of deciding on a set of wheels and tires. It is a good thing to have a brother who is a district manager for Firestone! I am going to drop the car down and wanted to know what the best size wheel/tire is to go with. I know this an opinion thing...just wanted to run it by all first...Thanks!

It would help if you let us know what size rims and drop that you are looking at.

It would help if you let us know what size rims and drop that you are looking at.

I was looking to drop her at least one inch. The size rim/tire that seems to be most popular is 18. That was my question....what size do most feel looks the best with a drop in suspention.

These are VLine V906 wheels that I really like.

906_lowres.gif

245/45R18 is close with an Eibach drop. 255/40R18 gives a little more room, about ½" shorter than the 245/45R18...if you hit a lot of potholes and speedbumps, you might need the extra clearance.

245/45 18's rubbed on any little bump I went over, and if any passengers were in the car forgedaboutit. But it also is according to your wheel offset and backspacing. I had to go back to 245/40 18.

I personally think 19's look the best on a dropped LS. If you go with 19's 245/35/19 is the perfect size. I used Eibachs to drop my LS. Got a 1.75" drop with them. Never had a rubbing issue.

Members online

No members online now.
Back