Tinted Windshield Tomorrow

H

HighRule

I'm so excited. I'll be getting my windshield tinted tomorrow for $80.

I did a search about the best tint to get and decided on the 40%. Some were saying that the 50% was too light and 35% was a little too dark.

I'll take inside and out pictures once done.

I did a search about the best tint to get and decided on the 40%. Some were saying that the 50% was too light and 35% was a little too dark.

i did 35 wish i did 20 :/

Conversely, I am running 50% on the entire windshield and am happy with it. I have zero issues seeing out in bad rains at night(which was my number one priority).

I just realized I have 35% on my fronts. I thought I had 20% but my sig states otherwise. I don't want the windshield as dark as the fronts so 40% might not be light enough.

I've got 40% on my windshield with 3% everywhere else. I wanted 30% but the guy doing it would not put it on even though I'm signing a paper saying I'm responsible for it. I'm happy with 40% but I wanted darker. Anything on the windshield is a huge difference though.

30 here... No regrets.

It isn't like people say. Notice everyone who says it is dangerous and a bad idea, are people who have not had it done or seen it in person. Driving at night with it is pretty much no different. It isn't like "driving with sunglasses on @ night" like people say - unless you have super light sunglasses.

Darker while driving on unfamiliar, unlit, roads at night is an impediment. No one could ever convince me otherwise.....imo.

Most people always wish they went darker,and 5% is a very small difference in shade. I would say 35,but there's really not a difference from 40 so either one will look good.I'm assuming you have 35 on the two fronts then 5 the rest,so those two fronts will get like 10% darker from what you put on your w/s.

50% tint....which is what I run so I totally agree with the assessment Alax performed. A more accurate comparative would be 50% vs. 30%(windshields) at night with all other windows being tinted exactly the same. Seeing out of 30%, using the above example I gave, would be a challenge for some. Hell, 50% may be a challenge if the person's eyesight is not very good.

I have 35% on my fronts and it looks good at night. I'm just not sure I want my windshield that dark at night. I'll be considering 40-50%.

Thanks for all the input.

Keep in mind that 35 looks good at night but you for the most part you are only glancing out of your side or rear windows and driving. Driving, as in looking out, of 35 can be a different story quickly for some. 40 would darken you up nicely but any darker, be ready for a bit of a surprise. Next question, I take it you already have someone who is gonna inspect your car and pass it for a sticker if you do not have a medical prescription?

Keep in mind that 35 looks good at night but you for the most part you are only glancing out of your side or rear windows and driving. Driving, as in looking out, of 35 can be a different story quickly for some. 40 would darken you up nicely but any darker, be ready for a bit of a surprise. Next question, I take it you already have someone who is gonna inspect your car and pass it for a sticker if you do not have a medical prescription?

I'm good until Aug of this year in Cali. I might be moving to the East and out here I can get it passed without a problem. I'm going to compare the 40, 45 and 50 when I get to the place. Too bad it's going to be daytime comparison, oh well. the pictures I've seen on here, they all look sweet.

Just rolll all the windows down and disconnect the harness for the window switch so the guy cant roll them up to check. Just say you have you rolled them down and then blew a fuse or something so they dont work, IF he asks. Unless you're looking for it, you can't tell the windshield is tinted in daylight with all the windows rolled down.

Just rolll all the windows down and disconnect the harness for the window switch so the guy cant roll them up to check. Just say you have you rolled them down and then blew a fuse or something so they dont work, IF he asks. Unless you're looking for it, you can't tell the windshield is tinted in daylight with all the windows rolled down.

I don't think you can get the car passed if the windows don't work. My buddy got pulled over and couldn't roll down his front windows and got a fix-it ticket but didn't get the speeding ticket lol.

+1. I am familiar with WV inspections. Windows have to work.

I basically live in Huntington so I have been through it before with past ex girlfriends vehicles I had tinted past state limitations. Getting a sticker can be done. We know how it works. LOL.

+1. I am familiar with WV inspections. Windows have to work.

I basically live in Huntington so I have been through it before with past ex girlfriends vehicles I had tinted past state limitations. Getting a sticker can be done. We know how it works. LOL.

LOL I was talking about in Cali lol. I'm from Cali but I've been in WV since april. When I joined LVC I was in WV at the time so I put that lol.

Alax7 is from Downey. I know some people that live there lol.

I didn't know they checked for windows to be working, I have only done it once.

heres a pic of mine from the outside with double 5s on side windows

f6f65566.jpg

i have 40 and am happy with it. not a big difference looking from the inside out. a lot of people say its not safe because you can't see to well from the outside looking in

I don't think you can get the car passed if the windows don't work. My buddy got pulled over and couldn't roll down his front windows and got a fix-it ticket but didn't get the speeding ticket lol.

Call your local DMV and ask them if they can fail you for a tinted w/s. I called my local DMV with the same concern, and they told me that they can't fail you for tints. I don't know if this changes from state to state, but I bet they're not aloud to fail you.

heres a pic of mine from the outside with double 5s on side windows

f6f65566.jpg

I once had 5 over 20% on just the back window and there was no point in looking out the back window at night. haha I'd like to see a looking out pic of those double layers at night.

Went in at 10am and left at 3pm. I decided on 50%. Looks good so far but if it doesn't cure correctly, I'll be getting it taken off/refunded and taken somewhere else.

Call me overly cautious, but tint on the front window just doesn't seem like a good idea. Already hard enough to see a dog or kids running out into the street at night.

Members online

No members online now.
Back