time to say goodbye

ShortCircutLS

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone ! Well the new year is here. I'm now 7 days away from saying goodbye to my 2000 LS. Sad day but with a blown motor here's no way I'm going to fix it. High hopes huh?! Does anyone have any suggestions of things I should remove from the motor or the interior before it goes to the boneyard. I'd like to save what I haven't sold for my 06 LS. But I don't know what's most important to save ? I have 1 week. I still want to sell whatever I can . Thanks in advance and have a SAFE and wonderful New Year !

Welll the 06 uses different parts...and everything on the 06 would be 6 years newer anyways so just pull out any subs or misc things you may have in the car.

Why don't you sell the car to someone that will fix and drive her? Make more money that way. Most boneyard will give you is 300-350, sell her for 1000 on Craigslist no problem.

How sure are you BlackLS , that most parts won't cross over to a 2nd gen? Honestly I don't trust that my 06 will last as long as I'd like it to. The 2nd gen is more reliable but from my experience the 3.9 LS , they just can't be trusted ! As soon as one problem is repaired and she's running all smooth . Almost
perfect BAM another problem. Since they don't make the LS anymore and prices from the stealership are sky high I think it would be wise to remove things like the 4 buttons in the top vent on your dash. For fuel and status. (only because its a $400 part and I've had 3 replies asking to buy it. Nobody wanted to pay $50. So ill keep it) the alternator, starter, hydraulic fan motor, window regulators, sunroof innards, coils, Degas bottle, the big stuff.
Right on the mark I've had my 00 on here for parts and cars for sale I think. As well as CL in many areas of Ohio. Its been on there for about 6 months. I've had many inquiries about the whole car minus the few parts I've sold. I've even went down to $700. I would love to see it get repaired. I would love it more if I had the time $ and know how to repair it myself and have 2 LS's. But my dreams aren't filling the hole I'm my purse where my money use to go ! It breaks my heart to just scrap it. If I had the space I would probobly insist that it stays put and I would continue to part it out for others who need LS stuff. But I don't.

BlackLS06 is right--in addition to the cosmetic changes, there were a metric boatload of engineering changes (over 500) to the LS for '03, so there's not going to be much you can salvage from an '00 to supply an '06. I wouldn't bother with anything under the hood, with the possible exception of the Power Distribution boxes and their fuses and relays. The electronics are different (CAN for the '06 vs. OBDII for the '00), and the only parts that might interchange on the engine would be things like the valves, pistons, and crank. You really don't want those, anyway, because they aren't usually prone to failure, and they're also older than what's already in your car.

The copper in the wiring harnesses would be worth something in scrap value, as would the copious amounts of aluminum in the chassis, but they're not parts that would be useful as spares for your '06.

The battery should be salvageable, but if you just stick it on a shelf, it's unlikely to be good when you need it.

Your 06 does not have a hydraulic fan. It is electronic. I believe the degas bottle is totally different too. Coils would be ok if not already shot. I wouldnt even save the spark plugs. I would actually post the car again and say what is still available for the car. Be sure to post pics as some people may be interested in the body parts. A lot of people on here look for the taillights. I am sure someone wants the control arms. If the leather is good. I am sure someone will want it. Not sure about the transmission, but I live in the toledo area and there is a need of these transmissions. Not sure if you have the wheels and tires, but everyone looks for good deals all the time. I have seen a few fuel pumps go out on these cars, so there is a need for them.

Like SoonerLS said...the 06 is a whole different vehicle pretty much.

Electronic brake, real wood trim vs plastic, canbus, lse body style, electronic fan, and so on.

Do all the motors work on the front driver's side seat?

And what condition is the leather in?

ike I'm going to have to stall for some extra time. Its sitting in my parents driveway. They have been unbelievably patient about it being there as long as I'm still going out there to remove random parts. As soon as it sits for a while they get to asking when its going to be gone ! Thanks everyone ! It doesn't look like ill be keeping much for myself so its all up for grabs. (excluding: center dash vent, tail lights, review mirror, spare tire, driver window motor I think that's it !)
2000LS the seat motors are fine and the leather is pretty good . No cracks a few wrinkles but heat still works and they look great so that's all that mattered to me ! PM me an email address and ill send you some pics.

ive always wanted a lincoln ls and whats the matter with it and where ar u located?

Oh. nothing big. Just a broken timing chain some bad valves, cam shaft and a few other major engine components. It will need a new motor for starters then tail lights and a mirror. Ill sell it cheap if you want to do pick it up and do the work. I live in Columbus , Ohio

I have returned to the real world. Thinking that I would be able to just dig into parting this car out is a dream. My patients with digging for tools that are at my shop and not here have run out ! . I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing. I can work on machinery all day for the past 3 years and I've worked on this engine and all my other cars but I started removing body panels and bumpers and I'm lost. I haven't ran into any problomes yet removing interior parts or engine parts but the body panels are out of my league. I think I'm going to call it quits. Unless someone will buy the whole thing I'm done messing with it. Sorry everyone. I know I can make more money parting it out than scrapping it and I know others with a 00 will need parts but the 300$ is worth more than the frustration

This is a PERFECT candidate for an engine swap it was babied the whole time I had it. I wish I could do it but I know that's over my head. No way in hel1 I'd pull that off ! That explains why I bought another. This is breaking my heart. I feel like I'm wasting a car that is going to be slim to none in the next 5 to 10 years. I don't know what the chances are that the LS will become a sought after car in 15 to 20 years but the mark is still going strong. I'd hate to look back and regret throwing away a rare classic. I'm going to post an ad on CL in Columbus , Ohio with a few pics of how she's sitting right now. I can't figure out how to put them on here from my phone

You can use links from Photobucket..

I wish I could spare the money, time to get it, room to store.. I would jump on it for that price..

I wish you did too ! Somebody ,anybody , help a girl out ! I just posted a few pics in an album on my page.

Damn this is perfect, it looks like I wont have time to go get it either. Damn it!

Yes ! This whole time all you guys have been talking cars with a GIRL . :D
But don't worry , I care for my cars and love to talk about them just as much as you do !

What's. SC ?
I've always loved cars ! But the older I get the less I enjoy working on them. Oh wait , its working on the LS I was not enjoying. I hope I spend more time driving this one !

Duh , little embarrassed, I work with and maintain machinery at work so it occasionally carries over to my cars. I steer clear of things I don't know about. Well , most of the time. I still have A LOT to learn , like marking my components when tearing apart the timing chain . Oops. If it wasn't blown then it is now ! Haha. search LVC first then live and learn

Members online

No members online now.
Back