Time Sert

ground_zero298

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Reaching out to see if anyone has a time sert kit I can use. Can't really afford to drop $400 on it right now. Will pay shipping both ways and toss in a pair of inserts also. Will toss some cash your way if needed on top of that.

Well seing no one seems to have one I guess I'm going to drop the $370 for the kit. If anyone else needs to use it PM me.

Thanks for the link Foxpaws, some interesting info. It's for my conti's 4.6. So I need the Triton kit (Time-Sert 5553) I have Romeo made heads so I need the counterbore tool. I talked to alot of people, read alot of articles. Time-Sert seams to be the way to go.

Here's what I'm investing in if anyone was interested.

http://www.timesert.com/html/triton_repair2.html

I'm not pulling my cam covers off, just going to use the air compressor to make sure the valves are closed. This can be done with only removing the coil covers and coil.

Thanks for the link Foxpaws, some interesting info. It's for my conti's 4.6. So I need the Triton kit (Time-Sert 5553) I have Romeo made heads so I need the counterbore tool. I talked to alot of people, read alot of articles. Time-Sert seams to be the way to go.

Here's what I'm investing in if anyone was interested.

http://www.timesert.com/html/triton_repair2.html

I'm not pulling my cam covers off, just going to use the air compressor to make sure the valves are closed. This can be done with only removing the coil covers and coil.

Its a nice kit.
Are you sure you cant rent it somewhere?

Don't use wd-40 like the video shows, its a penetrating oil for gods sake.

Use grease.

I pm'ed Mike. No response.

No one seems to have it to rent around me. I'll use the grease, sounds better than wd-40

I'm going to buy the kit for $370 shipped. I can't afford to hold onto it, so I will be selling it when I'm finished. Will offer it for sale on here first. Want $325 for it shipped, will be complete minus 1 insert. PM if interested or call (810) 357-5730

Pics of what I'm working with.

DSC05451.JPG

DSC05452.JPG

DSC05448.JPG

The kit I have is currently out of reach for me right now. I sold my toolbox that had the kit in it, and is clear across the state from me.

Sorry man

Mike

Members online

Back