Thundermark Weight...fyi

midwestbird

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
I know its not a Mark but the car weighed in at 3820 with a full tank of gas and 2 amps in the trunk(no speaker box yet). Thats with nothing else removed and me not in the car. From some of the guys on tccoa my car seems to be a bit heavy...like me:p Some guys over there say theirs weigh in at 3400-3600 lbs.

I think my Mark is over 5000 also, but that would be the Mark IV :)

The Mark VIII should come in around 3768 lbs.

Take out the 119/120lbs of fuel weight, and your around 3700lbs. Thats about right. My registration shows the weight as 3621lbs.

Does anyone actually know what their Marks weigh? I went to a certified Cat scale so it should be accurate. I was just wondering because like I said there are others that say their Birds are around 3400ish. Thats still a few hundred pounds. And I have a few of the Mark aluminum parts.

ill check my door jam sticker but i swore last time i checked it was a little over 5000, ill post the exact number next time i look.

That's not what the car weighs on the sticker.

Unless you have the bullet proof Mark VIII that was on eBay 12 times.

Lol @ normohl's 'armored personnel carrier edition' Mark VIII.

Straight from my 93's owner's manual:

There are limits to the amount of weight your vehicle can carry or tow. The total weight of your vehicle, plus the weight of the passengers and cargo, should never be more than the Gross Vehicle Weight Rating (GVWR).

Also, the weight that your vehicle carries over the front axle and rear axle should never be more than the Gross Axle Weight Rating (GAWR) for the respective axle.

You can find your vehicle's GVWR and GAWR on the Safety Compliance Label on the left front door lock facing or the latch post pillar.

I'd be really interested to see the weight difference...

The Tiffany mod helps in that category a lot...

I have to get my 95 weighted one day.

Does anyone actually know what their Marks weigh? I went to a certified Cat scale so it should be accurate. I was just wondering because like I said there are others that say their Birds are around 3400ish. Thats still a few hundred pounds. And I have a few of the Mark aluminum parts.

3400 is too light unless they did major wieght reduction.

i know the super coupes weigh more than the marks, i think a base v6 tbird would be 3600 minimum

This is from Ford Service Publications in 1990.A book i have..T-Bird with 3.8l engine and auto tranny..NOT an SC...3542lbs...

Cougar LS 3.8L auto tranny...3553lbs
Cougar XR-7 Sc 5-speed....3710lbs

Not sure why there is no listing for the T-Bird SC...Should be around the same as the Cougar...

Members online

No members online now.
Back