Throttle body E-clip retainer & bushing

fabrizio

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Hi,

thank you for your help.

My car can't accelerate cause it loose some retainers on the throttle body lever.
pics uploaded(i took the pics for ebay good state throttle body)

2001 LS V8
  • Do you know if i can get the plastic and retaner clips only? or
  • do i have to buy the entire throttle body? W_W
  • What's the right part name?
  • Any part number ?

I search on ford part giant but not luck,also ebay,amazon,etc...:(

I found a retainer clips, they are like D or C shape, but can't fine the plastic part.

Aprecciate your help, thanks!

Short Story

I was driving so happy, full pressing and releasing the pedal accelerator until it stop responding, my first thought "The transmission" i pull over right away , the pedal feels different but not loose, i move the shift knob to D and the car started to move , then to R and move slow, i was trying to discover what happened, then i press again the accelerator pedal and the car did not anything.

So i opened the hood, everything looks good to me, no smoke, no liquids, no codes( I carry on obd scanner always xD)

I dont know why I pulled the accelerator cable and the car did not rev up, so i pull the other sided part , a closer one to the return spring and the car rev ups fine.

I discovered a hanging " C lever" , that part connects the accelerator cable to the throttle body but on my car it was disconected.

I took it apart and noted a brittle plastic which break apart instantly xD , it also has a " C or D retainer clips at the end, one of them went away, i was looky to not lose the C lever.

c lever2.PNG

c lever1.PNG

c lever3.PNG

Yes, you can get those clips. They come in a package of 5. Go to auto parts store and look in the "help" products of hard to find specialized parts like window crank handles, dip sticks, etc. They stock in there. If it helps, I can look at the part number on the package that I have. I had this happen also, and luckily I had a tiny tie wrap or zip tie and was able to drive away from the failure after just a couple of minutes of playing McGyver on the roadside.

Yes, you can get those clips. They come in a package of 5. Go to auto parts store and look in the "help" products of hard to find specialized parts like window crank handles, dip sticks, etc. They stock in there. If it helps, I can look at the part number on the package that I have. I had this happen also, and luckily I had a tiny tie wrap or zip tie and was able to drive away from the failure after just a couple of minutes of playing McGyver on the roadside.

Thank you for help, I'll check on the nearest autozone

Yes, if you can share the part number could be great.

I did the McGyver too :D.

Best regards, Fabrizio

** I found some keywords
clip retainer
accelerator clip
accelerator linkage
linkage rod
accelerator linkage bushing
throttle Cable Retainer Bushing
IMRC Bushing

Last edited:
I've been searching with the tips you got me.

I found this ford part number #F5RZ9F955AB
and a doorman kit wich contain 5 pieces #47099 ( it was at accesories section as you suggest).

Ford part number #F5RZ9F955AB , cost $9 dollar each
doorman Help! #47099 , cost $3 dollar 5 pieces kit

• The doorman's bushing clip have larger pin clips, you may sandpaper the pin to get the proper gap to insert the E-clip.
  • You can reuse the E-clips.
  • I did not unmount the throttle body, not much space to move but its ok,be carefull to not drop the e-clips&bushing.
2 x bushings
2 x E-clips

Tools :
  • Needle nose pliers
  • Sandpaper

Thanks for your help, I'm on the road again!

e-clip and bushing.png

e-clip and bushing 2.png

Last edited:
Ford part number #F5RZ9F955AB , cost $9 dollar each
doorman Help! #47099 , cost $3 dollar 5 pieces kit

• The doorman's bushing clip have larger pin clips, you may sandpaper the pin to get the proper gap to insert the E-clip.
  • You can reuse the E-clips.
  • I did not unmount the throttle body, not much space to move but its ok,be carefull to not drop the e-clips&bushing.
2 x bushings
2 x E-clips

Tools :
  • Needle nose pliers
  • Sandpaper

Thanks for your help, I'm on the road again!

Nice work bro! I am half surprised that Ford even lists those!

Members online

Back