The Perfect Running Mark

GMAN

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Just for the sake of conversation, how much would the perfect running Mark be worth to you? By perfect, I mean, no mechanical issues, every new sensor, rebuilt motor, rebuilt transmission, new front end, new paint, good interior, no cracks, heat, AC, yada, yada, yada. When noobies come on the site and they've just taken possession of a Mark, they are always in need of something or another. So, let break this down to Gen 1's and Gen 2's.

Hard to say... if you are talking a proverbial 10/10 I'd pay $5k for a gen 2 and $3k for a gen 1...

The perfect running Mark....... :lol:

Its very hard to justify over 5k for flawless stock car.
Blue flame.....or a car that m-maker put together, or lasers car that is a different story.

A 04,03 cobra rebuilt with a t56 or a Tremec 6060 tuned right,and a deep gear.
To me that is a perfect running mark :cool:

Does it really matter on a car over 12 years old whether it is a second generation or a first generation? Each car would pull the same price to a person who doesn't care if one car has a puddle lamp or is faster out of the factory box. My guess would be a totally reconditioned vehicle over 12 years old should pull at least 5K to a cash buyer.

Last edited:
It does make a difference as to what gen for some people. If I made great money (ie over $140K a year) then I would have no problem spending 15-18K on a flawless CE. Like one of them that shows up here from time to time where people are asking 20-28K for a 2000-4000 mile CE that still has its plastic covers. I love Marks so one that is like it was just delivered from the factory would be worth it to me.
If it was a 97 in that condition then I would only go as high as $8000.
If it were a first gen I would maybe go to $4000.

It does make a difference as to what gen for some people. If I made great money (ie over $140K a year) then I would have no problem spending 15-18K on a flawless CE. Like one of them that shows up here from time to time where people are asking 20-28K for a 2000-4000 mile CE that still has its plastic covers. I love Marks so one that is like it was just delivered from the factory would be worth it to me.

+1 on this...

If I had the coin, I'd spend big on a flawless, low mile cordovan CE. Ditto for a flawless cordovan *TRUE* DA, and possibly for a flawless 93.

Beyond that, I'd pay more for a flawless Gen 2, but not much above KBB.

I believe he is referring to a novice not an expert such as yourself as what the car would be worth. Someone off the street looking for a nice reliable car with cash in hand is not going to care if it is a gen 1 or a gen 2.

For a PERFECT lowish mile 98 cordavon(?) on tip top i'd prob pay 5k if i made decent money..If your talking new everything minus what the odo says i'd pay 8k.

It's too hard for me to think hypothetically like that :D

Realistically, probably 5-6kish. I have to look at it in terms of how much you'd have to put into a car you bought for 1-2k that already has a shot trans, bad air ride, bad paint, or some other issue that will drop its value substantially.

Looked up some Marks in My area for prices and i found this

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto/2283012670.html

nice looking car and since its in cali should be no rust right

and this should be perfect right 50k only

Meh... 50k miles still isn't the "perfection" referred to in the initial post.

Also, I don't care what kind of condition that car is in. Either those are bad pictures or that exterior color is horrifying.

yeah i wouldnt buy that car just bcuz of the color i was just showin something i found me personaly i like the marks in either red, black or like mine maybe some shades of dark grey but not that color it does look like mashed peas

I'm not sure what color they call it but I saw a Collectors editiuon that was Burgany, not the red you often see. There was one Autotrader for a long time with 3000 miles on it and he was asking 20,000. I really thought about it. But I bought a new Fusion instead. For the gas milage. But i still dream of it.

Thanks, I saw on here someone else said they wanted a Cordovan CE and I thought that was it but was't sure.

Members online

No members online now.
Back