The new Google browser

I downloaded it last night. It's ok. Takes some getting used to. Hate the way the pages load on it, though. Kinda like an interlaced gif file....and this is on a 20MB FiOS connection.

it's without a doubt faster then IE or FF currently and it's simply a first release beta. It is going to single handedly change how every browser in the future is built.

I am excited mostly because I am a nerd.

Do you have it installed in your LS or something? Why is this in the LS forum?

j/k. :p

going to try it out soon.

Do you have it installed in your LS or something? Why is this in the LS forum?

j/k. :p

going to try it out soon.

You are going to really like it. It does take a little to get used to but once you do, the other browsers are going to feel obsolete.

Read about the new technology in this comic they provided to let people learn about Chrome.

http://www.google.com/googlebooks/chrome/

I am excited mostly because I am a nerd.

revenge-of-the-nerds.jpg

I don't know,... I have tried it just now and it is annoyingly slow on my pc,... slower than IE. Pics take forever to load!

And there is

It isn't bad for a first attempt. A little buggy here and there, but not bad. I am using it right now to post this response. FIOS is slow get a real connection. Oh wait, not everyone works for a major datacenter like me. Of course, I wouldn't call this working.
:p

It is fast going from page to page but when going to a page like NHLSV8's latest thread with all those pics its very slow.

Hey, not bad! Not bad at all. Seems just a little faster than Fire Fox 3.0 Wish i still had my 100 Mbps connection... stuck with 54.0 Mbps now. :(

Garbage browser.

Could you give a little bit info why you feel that way? For me it's faster then IE and FF with the speedyfox plugin.
Also faster then Opera. More screen space, better stability, and much more feature packed then a beta needs to be. Are you just trying to be cool and hate on new technology? If that's the case, that's cool too... just wondering why you say that and not give at least one reason.

ive come to like all of the add ons they have for firefox. are there things like that on this new one?

Could you give a little bit info why you feel that way? For me it's faster then IE and FF with the speedyfox plugin.
Also faster then Opera. More screen space, better stability, and much more feature packed then a beta needs to be. Are you just trying to be cool and hate on new technology? If that's the case, that's cool too... just wondering why you say that and not give at least one reason.

Hate on new technology? You don't even know the half of what I do, you probably use 1 or more of the devices I quality and drive test.

The interface is slow and it will hold no weight against Microsoft or Apple. Google is trying their best to be the "new, in" thing but they will soon learn its not so easy. They need to stick to their search engine, even that needs updating. And with their so-called "iPhone killer" Android, well, that is just junk as well. Why did you post this here anyway? You belong on digg.com or something.

Hate on new technology? You don't even know the half of what I do, you probably use 1 or more of the devices I quality and drive test.

The interface is slow and it will hold no weight against Microsoft or Apple. Google is trying their best to be the "new, in" thing but they will soon learn its not so easy. They need to stick to their search engine, even that needs updating. And with their so-called "iPhone killer" Android, well, that is just junk as well. Why did you post this here anyway? You belong on digg.com or something.

Why are you taking personal blows at me? I asked a simple question of you. If you're taking my question personally and being offended by me asking for your thoughts I offer my apology.

By the way, the same way I don't know half of what you do is the same from my seat, you don't know me, the software I develop, or what I do on a daily basis. Honestly, from your reply, you sound a lot like some disgruntled unhappy old man who spends too much time in your moms basement. Lighten up playboy, you might be better off if you lay off the world of warcraft for a minute and get a little sun or something.

Why did I post here? I thought most people here would like to know about it if they have not heard yet. You don't run the internet and choose what goes where.

Why are you taking personal blows at me? I asked a simple question of you. If you're taking my question personally and being offended by me asking for your thoughts I offer my apology.

By the way, the same way I don't know half of what you do is the same from my seat, you don't know me, the software I develop, or what I do on a daily basis. Honestly, from your reply, you sound a lot like some disgruntled unhappy old man who spends too much time in your moms basement. Lighten up playboy, you might be better off if you lay off the world of warcraft for a minute and get a little sun or something.

Why did I post here? I thought most people here would like to know about it if they have not heard yet. You don't run the internet and choose what goes where.

Well this is an LS forum for the Lincoln LS specifically. Do you have one, if so, lets see it, afterall thats what we like to see here. If not, well, this might be better off in anything goes.

I don't play computer games but I do play 360, maybe I'll catch you on there sometime.

Members online

Back