The LSE is dead and gone

2002OhioLSE

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Traded in my 2002LSE today and got a 2005 Maxima SE, fully loaded, leather Navi, xenon....you get the point. The LSE was smelling like burnt oil and I knew it was only a matter of time before the COP would fail and I would be in for a big repair. They gave me $13000 for my car that had 76K on the clock which was a huge suprise to me. I actually thought I was going to get 10K at the most. The Maxima was $15.5K with 34K n the clock and it came certified preowned with a 100k mile warranty which is a plus I guess. The LSE was fun while I had it and I know I am going to missit but I really need a more reliable car driving 30k miles per year. Good luck to all of you with your car and I will still lurk from time to time.

Sounds like you got an awesome deal...both in selling the LS and buying the Maxima. Any pics?

Oh no, I'm so sorry!!!!...... and so close to home, I feel like there was something I should have done... We will miss you.....
but not as much as you'll miss your LSE!!!! lol just kidding...

I'm not gonna say "bye Hottie", just see you later cause never know what the future holds!

Smooches!

MsM8

Sounds like you got an awesome deal...both in selling the LS and buying the Maxima. Any pics?

No pics yet, it is too cold and snowy here in Cleveland right now. i do have one from when it was sitting on the dealers lot but its horrible

wow i hope i get 13000 when my 02 lse hits 76k, i highly dought it. I didnt even buy it for that much with 50k on it, you robbed that dealership.

I wonder what I'll get for my 01 LS V8...

This keeps my hope up

Sn8k! wow..double wow!!! Nice pics from your urls Hottie, yet you have not hit up the Guys thread or filled up your garage!!! (snif snif...insert neglected smiley)...j/k!

Smooches!
MsM8

Sn8k! wow..double wow!!! Nice pics from your urls Hottie, yet you have not hit up the Guys thread or filled up your garage!!! (snif snif...insert neglected smiley)...j/k!

Smooches!
MsM8

What "guys" thread?
MY garage is full - 01 & 03 LS V8 w/ sport package.

wow i hope i get 13000 when my 02 lse hits 76k, i highly dought it. I didnt even buy it for that much with 50k on it, you robbed that dealership.

I owed 11000 on it and thought i might have a little negative equity so I was expecting to put $3000 down to make up for it but when the sales guy came back and said we are going to give you 13k for your car, i asked what car. When he answered 'the lincoln" I said ok good......like I was expecting it. My wife even said after the salesman walked away, "your car isn't worth that, right??" So after all was said and done, the car was 15.5k minus 2k from my car down plus I put another $1500 down so the Maxima ended up being 12k plus tax. Not too bad for a 2005. I think with the ectra money I might get some rims for it.;)

if your referin to A/S/L....well Im not sure what that means, splan please ;)
(but we cant hijack his thread!)

Just bought my 02 LS 80k for 9.5 after taxes and everything. :D For some damn reason had to share.. lol

You'll love your Maxima. I bought a new '05 SE Galaxy on Charcoal and it was a "runnin' son of a gun"...but unfortunately front wheel drive. When the latest revamp came out on the Maxima there was talk about it being rear wheel drive.

Very reliable none the less and kept it's value when I traded in.

Very reliable none the less and kept it's value when I traded in.

Yeah, Nissans are good. Have been for a long, long time. Never had a serious issue with either of my two Nissans, or the ones in my family. Good 'ole Datsun! Lol.

putting my 2 cents in
maxima will out live an ls anddddddkeepits value for almost ever lol good buy

Its owned by Renault now

Incorrect, they have been in a joint alliance since 1999.

The Renault Nissan Alliance (2000– )
180px-Renault-Megane-IMG_1912.jpg

2004 Renault Megane II

Signed on March 27, 1999, the Renault–Nissan Alliance is the first of its kind involving a Japanese and a French company, each with its own distinct corporate culture and brand identity, linked through cross-shareholding. Renault has a stake of 44.4% in Japanese automaker Nissan Motor Co., Ltd. while Nissan in turn has a 15% stake (non-voting) in Renault.
For 2004 Renault reported a 43% rise in net income to €3.5 billion and 5.9% operating margin, of which Nissan contributed €1,767 million. The Group (Renault, Dacia, Renault Samsung Motors) posted a 4.2% increase in worldwide sales to a record 2,489,401 vehicles, representing a global market share of 4.1%. Renault retained its position as the leading brand in Europe with 1.8 million passenger cars and light commercial vehicles sold and market share of 10.8%.
The Renault–Nissan Alliance represents more than 9.8% of the worldwide market (5.74% for Nissan and 4.04% for the Renault group) with sales of 3,597,748 (Nissan) and 2,531,500 (Renault Group), placing the alliance fourth after GM, Toyota, and Ford in 2005.[1]
The marketing success was also matched by success of their return to the Formula 1 circuit as a manufacturer again after buying the Benetton team. The team went on to win both World Drivers and Constructors championships in 2005 and 2006 ahead of the vastly more experienced Ferrari and McLaren teams.
Renault is exhibiting a Hi-Flex Clio 1.6 16v at the 2006 Paris International Agricultural Show. This vehicle, which addresses the Brazilian market, features Renault-developed flexible-fuel engine technology, with a highly versatile engine that can run on fuel containing petrol and ethanol in any proportion (0% to 100% of either).
On June 30, 2006, the media reported that General Motors convened an emergency board meeting to discuss a proposal by shareholder Kirk Kerkorian to form an alliance between GM and Renault-Nissan. The hastily arranged meeting suggests that GM's board was treating Kerkorian's proposal with urgency. Coincidentally, unsubstantiated rumours have been circulating about Renault's possible return to the U.S. market. There has been speculation that a GM–Renault–Nissan alliance could pave the way for Renault's return to the U.S. market, since GM could eliminate some of its less profitable brands, and offer the owners of dealerships that would otherwise close Renault dealerships.
However, GM CEO Richard Wagner felt that an alliance would benefit Renault's shareholders more than those of GM, and that GM should receive some compensation for it. This did not sit well with Renault; subsequently, talks between GM and Renault ended on October 4, 2006.

Incorrect, they have been in a joint alliance since 1999.

The Renault Nissan Alliance (2000– )
180px-Renault-Megane-IMG_1912.jpg

2004 Renault Megane II

Signed on March 27, 1999, the Renault–Nissan Alliance is the first of its kind involving a Japanese and a French company, each with its own distinct corporate culture and brand identity, linked through cross-shareholding. Renault has a stake of 44.4% in Japanese automaker Nissan Motor Co., Ltd. while Nissan in turn has a 15% stake (non-voting) in Renault.
For 2004 Renault reported a 43% rise in net income to €3.5 billion and 5.9% operating margin, of which Nissan contributed €1,767 million. The Group (Renault, Dacia, Renault Samsung Motors) posted a 4.2% increase in worldwide sales to a record 2,489,401 vehicles, representing a global market share of 4.1%. Renault retained its position as the leading brand in Europe with 1.8 million passenger cars and light commercial vehicles sold and market share of 10.8%.
The Renault–Nissan Alliance represents more than 9.8% of the worldwide market (5.74% for Nissan and 4.04% for the Renault group) with sales of 3,597,748 (Nissan) and 2,531,500 (Renault Group), placing the alliance fourth after GM, Toyota, and Ford in 2005.[1]
The marketing success was also matched by success of their return to the Formula 1 circuit as a manufacturer again after buying the Benetton team. The team went on to win both World Drivers and Constructors championships in 2005 and 2006 ahead of the vastly more experienced Ferrari and McLaren teams.
Renault is exhibiting a Hi-Flex Clio 1.6 16v at the 2006 Paris International Agricultural Show. This vehicle, which addresses the Brazilian market, features Renault-developed flexible-fuel engine technology, with a highly versatile engine that can run on fuel containing petrol and ethanol in any proportion (0% to 100% of either).
On June 30, 2006, the media reported that General Motors convened an emergency board meeting to discuss a proposal by shareholder Kirk Kerkorian to form an alliance between GM and Renault-Nissan. The hastily arranged meeting suggests that GM's board was treating Kerkorian's proposal with urgency. Coincidentally, unsubstantiated rumours have been circulating about Renault's possible return to the U.S. market. There has been speculation that a GM–Renault–Nissan alliance could pave the way for Renault's return to the U.S. market, since GM could eliminate some of its less profitable brands, and offer the owners of dealerships that would otherwise close Renault dealerships.
However, GM CEO Richard Wagner felt that an alliance would benefit Renault's shareholders more than those of GM, and that GM should receive some compensation for it. This did not sit well with Renault; subsequently, talks between GM and Renault ended on October 4, 2006.

who cares? the more important thing is...
maxima will out live an ls anddddddkeepits value for almost ever lol good buy

Members online

Back