The LS discontinued?

Truly and unbelievably pathetic... An amazing automobile to come and go from existance in a matter of 6 years. I've never heard of a thing. Hell even the PINTO lasted longer than 6 years.

especially when you consider the LS won MT car of the year in 2000.

Lincoln will make five new cars over the next several years. Those include the Mark LT, the Zephyr, and a car-based Aviator. That leaves two other Lincolns.

The 05 Mustang uses a highly modified DEW98 chassis. Doesn't that help spread the costs since they will sell like hotcakes?

wetsidewagon said:
Lincoln will make five new cars over the next several years. Those include the Mark LT, the Zephyr, and a car-based Aviator. That leaves two other Lincolns.

The 05 Mustang uses a highly modified DEW98 chassis. Doesn't that help spread the costs since they will sell like hotcakes?
The only thing DEW98 left in the new mustang is the floorpan - the intension was to use more but the cost was too high and the engine bay did not give enough options.

well maybe the death of the LS will put some value back in it for the current owners.. The car deprciates way too much too fast.

All I have to say is that SUCKS... I guess my next car will be a Mustang. I was already thinking of a newer LS in a couple of years, but once the discontinue them they will drop like a rock. This new Zephr that suppose to replace it dosen't look like it will be a rocket ship. V-6 front wheel drive. No thanks.

sucks

F & L messed the car up. It should of been upgraded too a higher horsepower 300+ and AWD and it would have been a contender. The CTS has been out fewer years and has the V series with 400hp now. Lincoln is really dropping the ball not having invested in the LS like they should have. Now the name brand will suffer.

I hope to know more after the car show - I am going to have long talks with both Cadillac and Lincoln Executives

You are right,Lincoln is this case corporate parent Ford ,messed up the LS and it is their fault on why the car has not been as successful in the market. For one thing we all know that the car has not be marketed the way it should and you are right in that the LS should have offered 300+ hp, all wheel drive, or offered a more performance oreinted sedan than the LSE. The LSE is just a body kit package, it offers no more than the LS V8 sport other than the body kit and the monochramatic paint. Lincoln has that old and plaid image and they had a chance to attract a younger and broader market but they elected not to pursue it and now they find themselves in this hole. I cannot imagine how they think we will put down even $26k-$33K for what is basically a Mazda 6 sedan. offer only a V-6, front drive, and quality issues. I can think of several cars that will eat the Zephyr up and spit it out. Because of all of these traits the Zephyr will be overlooked by the same market that Lincoln has been trying to reach. Isnt it funny how these corporate geniuses cant figure this out and how us auto enthusiants can. If they kill the LS they will eventually kill Lincoln which then could also kill Mercury. We need to send a petition to Ford to listen to their customers. You would think that trying to market and imporve the LS would be alot cheaper than trying to develop a new car, even though it is on a shared platform, and also market the car. In fact they are going to have to market the image of the "new" Lincoln in this near luxury market. Devoted customers will flee because that will be a downgrade for most and new customers that were not targets and reached when Lincoln was considered a luxury marque will again not even consider the brand. Maybe Ford should sell Lincoln to a company that cares and will build on its tradition and image. Should we call Renault, look what they have down with Nissan and Infiniti!!!!

I own one of Lincoln's other Small Cars. 1980 Versailles. The poor Versailles only ran from 1977 to 1980. At least the LS has had a good run and was an all new design. Not a Monarch with a hump.

:L 01LS8 Sport.

1980 Versailles.jpg

1980.jpg

Quik LS said:
The only thing DEW98 left in the new mustang is the floorpan - the intension was to use more but the cost was too high and the engine bay did not give enough options.

The DEW98 was planned for at least 6 years and was 2 years late in coming out. It was suppose to replace all of Fords larger rear drive cars. If the costs were too high and the engine bay too small someone's head (besides Nassars) should have rolled.

I have a hard time with a company that can rightfully spend the money to give their trucks four wheel independent suspension (Escape, Explorer, Expedition) yet balks at spending what needs to be spent to make its cars competitive.

Ford's business model should be to spend money on making Jaguar top of the heap. Jaguar chassis's could migrate to Lincoln after ~4 years as a Jaguar exclusive (with modifications to meet Lincoln's perceived market), with Jaguar getting an updated chassis ~2 years later. Ford would do the same with Volvo and Mazda (getting their chassis after 3-4 years). If the chassis are designed with this in mind all divisions could benefit without stealing each others profits.

I for one prefer a rear wheel drive sedan (or maybe a four door hatchback) with a manual transmission. While AWD may be nice I don't want the weight and can handle the snow for less cost with snow tires. For 10 years I used a XR4Ti (yes only two doors but still passenger friendly) and I'm currently using the LS to fill this need. Once this car is spent (hopefully after 2010) it looks like I'll have to go to GM, Chrysler, the Germans or the Japanese since FMC will not be offering anything remotely close to my desires.

likewise. I live in the south and love the rear drive manual. I currently have the auto but my next car in about 2007 will be rear drive manual once again. Auto trannies are too much to care for.

Something on the bottom line has spooked these all omnipotent bean counter and the LS now stands for Lost Soul. This car despite its flaws has more soul than any car I have stabled including my 350z which I gladly get to return next month as it is leased.

I'd drink my pee for a V8 Manul LS. YES I WOULD!

TO FORD:
From Linoln LS owners.

ALL we want is an LS with a V8 manual and 350hp. That's all we want. Keep the body, keep the interior. It's a great car! handles well, rides well and looks great doing it.

jaguar is dying out, volvo's are mom's cars. What market are u guys going after?

-well anyway that's my opinion

This is absurd, to find out that Lincoln is going to do away with the LS. I have a '03 LS V8 Sport and absolutely love it! I looked at the BMW, Volvo's and Others, but always kept going back to the Lincoln LS. Plus, I'm in the market they wanted to capture. I really wish they would think about what they are doing here, but they won't.

The new Jaguar's aluminum chassis would cost too much for Lincoln to use, but Lincoln should make a new luxury sedan using the LS's chassis.

Won't the Town Car get the new Mustang GT's improved 300 hp V-8 soon?

Jaguar is not dying out. They will have an alumium XK by 2006. It will use the all-new, all-Jaguar XJ's aluminum chassis.

Here is Jaguar's Advanced Lightweight Coupe:

http://www.keycast.com/keycast/Jaguar/X9/go.asp

I like it a lot but it needs a manual transmission, a more round front end, and a bigger grille.

That Jaguar concept reminds me of the E-Type with its hatchback, long wheelbase with short front and rear overhangs, and centrally-mounted tailpipes. The low front bumper reminds me of the 05 XK with its lower bumper (when compared to the 97-04 XK).

04_xkr_convertible_07.jpg

Jaguar is developing a business case for more aluminum. Read the following article:

(it claims an XK by 2010 but Jaguar has confirmed an aluminum XK by 06)

http://subscribers.wardsauto.com/mi...id=1004&instanceid=5121&pageid=824&srid=10088

here is the aluminum XJ

181850.1-lg.jpg

from wardsauto.com

"Using aluminum for next-generation Jaguars “is not something we can confirm today, but given the fact that we spent five years researching and doing all the work on aluminum and we’re so pleased with the results we’ve got back so far, there’s a very good chance it will stay a part of our future,” Michael Mohan, chief program engineer-XJ Series, tells Ward’s at a long-wheelbase XJ drive event here."

Jaguar's V8 is not a Ford V8

http://www.jagweb.com/aj6eng/v8_performance.html

p.s. Jag should drop the X-Type

eL eS said:
Lemme see if I can get a kitchen pass. Are you headed up?
Yes I will be sitting on the westside of the bar...Usually. I will be wearing a shirt that say RingLift on it. Hope to see you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back