The "I just filled up my tank" support group/suicide hotline

old thread and all, yeah yeah, but i gotta complain here. you guys in the states have got it easy.. gas in japan is 160 yen per liter, which is about 7.40 per gallon. which means that a full tank would cost me something like 130 dollars... :'(

We get a bulk discount here.

Didn't realize someone answered my question. I thought I heard people getting tunes that will allow the car to run right on different fuel. Was just wondering, only fill up with Mobil or BP 93.

My other ride is a Moped !!!

Best car I ever owned was the Mazda 323, 20$ would get me
back and forth to work for close to 3 weeks. (12 minutes each way)

Don't know what I was thinking when I sold it to a kid
that wanted to do some drifting with it.

(it was a 93, 86K, no winters and you could eat of it)

~ is this true, bigger wheels on the LS = worse milage, seriously ???

I'm just sick of people complaining. We have fantastic gas prices compared to the rest of the world.

My other ride is a Moped !!!

is this true, bigger wheels, worse milage, seriously ???

Yup.

old thread and all, yeah yeah, but i gotta complain here. you guys in the states have got it easy.. gas in japan is 160 yen per liter, which is about 7.40 per gallon. which means that a full tank would cost me something like 130 dollars... :'(

The economy in Japan is stronger you can't compare it like that.

Stop crying.:p................................ Try over $400 to fill my tanks.:eek: My work truck on an average fill up will take $300 to $400 in diesel. The f@#ked up part about that is. Diesel is a bi-product of gasoline. So I am paying over $4 a gallon for gasoline waste/leftovers.:confused: Just to make you feel even better about your LS. My truck on a good day gets 8mpg. If I idle a lot with the AC on, 5mpg.:eek: So you can understand why I really don't feel sorry for you.:p...........................:lol:

BTW $80 to to fill my Trailblazer SS. 14mpg.:rolleyes: If I didn't have a led foot, it might get better. One tank will last me three weeks thou.:p

70 to fill my truck once a week, ouch, but your 400 is pretty hard to beat

Whats up with the small tanks Rollin ?

last fill up for me on the International was;

DIESL CA PUMP#4
744.920 L @ $1.329/L = $990.00
33.331 L @ $1.329/L = $44.30

it was not at a fleet station, so I had the small nozzle and it took forever,
plus it needed to be reset when it reached $990

she was thirsty though, half a 1/4 left.

EDIT: wait ... I might now be getting the unit cost per Gallons vs Liters mixed up .. but I'm still above 1000$ to fill both tanks ???

If you guys want to use your more then 4 wheels "big tanks" in this thread I'll ask my neighbor to get into this who is a diesel locomotive engineer.

Getting back to things with 4 wheels, my wife thought the LS was bad until I filled up the F-350 diesel when it was real low. Even the pump operator (Jersey, we don't pump our own) said sorry: $145.80 here in cheap NJ ($3.95 premium, $4.05 diesel as of tonight). It could have been over $150 if I let it go a little farther.

No offense but as we don't live in Japan, who cares? I don't live in Europe either. How's your mass transit? Ours basically sucks. Check out the price in the Middle East countries. Complain to them.......

I would really like to see the pics of your car. I have never seen a right hand drive LS.

Sure someone can doctor it up in photoshop, might make it my first order of business once I get it here in a couple days.

If you guys want to use your more then 4 wheels "big tanks" in this thread
I'll ask my neighbor to get into this who is a diesel locomotive engineer.

... is that one of those, "My Dad is bigger then your Dad" kinda thing ?

finger.jpg

HAHAHA, I'm so terribly sorry, just couldn't help myself. feel free to bite back!

We were just adding to the "filled up my tank support group/suicide hotline"

finger.jpg

im just being a baby and complaining about it haha. im not expecting sympathy.

I would really like to see the pics of your car. I have never seen a right hand drive LS.

its literally the left side mirrored onto the right side.
lincoln was lazy enough to literally take the steering column and gauges and stick it in the right side.

Gas prices are controlled by speculators and demand. As long as the green weenies control exploration, supply won't meet demand. The USA is a net exporter of gasoline now! First time since 1949. Prices are set by Zip Code by the major suppliers. I own 2 major supplier gas stations, after 30yrs you learn about supply & demand in this business. If the USA could tap the oil/sands in the 48 states we would have more oil than the rest of the world combined! Canada does it, but not in USA!

I run 94 and no less in my LSE and in bikes at $1.57/ltr...your gonna play your gonna pay

Gas prices are controlled by speculators and demand. As long as the green weenies control exploration, supply won't meet demand. The USA is a net exporter of gasoline now! First time since 1949. Prices are set by Zip Code by the major suppliers. I own 2 major supplier gas stations, after 30yrs you learn about supply & demand in this business. If the USA could tap the oil/sands in the 48 states we would have more oil than the rest of the world combined! Canada does it, but not in USA!

Someone need to tell your white house to get their S*^t together we've got all kinds of oil to send your way but it takes pipelines.

Up here in Canada we have mad oil too ! But at the pump I'm paying 1.50 a liter for premium , thats about 5.25 a gallon ??? WTF where's all this god damned oil going ? I fill up about twice a week , 180 $ a week ! It hurts but what can you do , I love my V8 , never owned a six or four ! I need a little kick when i press down on the gas pedal otherwise what's the point ? You guys know what i mean ! Even the guys with a V6 get a nice kick too and my boy that has a 04 LSV6 tells me the gas consumption is almost the same ? I guess now a days a V6 is as performing than a earlier V8 if not probably more ! Thats technology for ya !

Members online

Back