The "I just filled up my tank" support group/suicide hotline

Shredicus

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Really need to stop lead-pedaling this bastard before I end up putting my foot through my wallet...

Another 65$ into the bottomless gashole :shifty:

Indeed...I know some run regular through their cars to offest the cost, however I stick to premium, and it gets expensive..

I put $50 of 93 about every week and a half. I get about 13.55 gallons. My needle goes above full considering I fill up when at quarter of a tank.

Edit: I also put in Lucas every other fill up.

I get a lot of knocking on anything less than premium.

Yeah I've heard unanimously that this engine does NOT like anything other than premium and I'm none to eager to prove that right or wrong myself.

Also I've been using MMO every fill up since I got it.

$68 twice a week :/

But what I really hate is filling up my wifes car... $40 once a week (if that).

Certainly puts the LS's gas needs into perspective.

Whos fault is that!

(Sets there as he thinks about his mountaineer that gets 10mpg laughs then cries) lol.

it coast me 180 to fill my truck and 70 to fill my ls this :q:q:q:q is crazy but what are you going to do you need the gas so i guess that's it

$68 twice a week :/

But what I really hate is filling up my wifes car... $40 once a week (if that).

Certainly puts the LS's gas needs into perspective.

That blows I am spoiled with a 3 mile drive to work and home, i don't even know if its that long. Not sure when I last put gas in my car. But it needs it maybe Sunday or so.

Girlfriends car takes like 40 once every other week or so and she drive 30 minutes to work

Yeah I've heard unanimously that this engine does NOT like anything other than premium and I'm none to eager to prove that right or wrong myself.

Also I've been using MMO every fill up since I got it.

It isn't a matter so much of hearing the 3.9 does not like anything below premium octance, it requires not using anything lower than it. Putting a lower octane in it is asking the ecm(pcm) to make the necessary changes that it was not designed to do.

It isn't a matter so much of hearing the 3.9 does not like anything below premium octance, it requires not using anything lower than it. Putting a lower octane in it is asking the ecm(pcm) to make the necessary changes that it was not designed to do.

+1... no matter what your dad tells you to do. LOL that was a funny one (all do respect... :lol:)

The lost performance and lower mpg easily eat up any savings at the pump.

IMO this would defeat one of the purposes of the Torrie Tune but would he be able to change it to run on regular unleaded? Was just wondering because my brothers Goat asked for premium but the computer would adjust if it were filled with the regular stuff.

so i filled up my caviler today (i know, gross, but its only a work beater that gets almost 35mpg) and it only cost about $35. now the sh!tty part of the story was that out of habbit, that piece of sh!t got almost 10 gallons of 93* :mad:

oh well, i would rather do that then put 15 gallons of 87 in the LS :rolleyes:

LOL...well its not like you put diesel into it.

IMO this would defeat one of the purposes of the Torrie Tune but would he be able to change it to run on regular unleaded? Was just wondering because my brothers Goat asked for premium but the computer would adjust if it were filled with the regular stuff.

When I was uploading my strategy in preparation for getting a Torrie tune last night I noticed there was an option to change the engine programming to run on either 87 or premium. Not something I personally would fiddle with, but if you're really a penny pincher.... trade in the LS for a Hondoyota.

But yes, you can change the engine computer to run on 87 very easily with just a tuner like the Xcal3.

I don't see why anyone would put anything less than Premium in the car. It costs what... $0.30/gallon more? Maybe less? If you can't afford an extra couple bucks a fill-up, you bought the wrong car.

Yup.

Then again ive seen cheaper cars that were more expensive to maintain.

Well this is my experience. before I had the new shoes for the LS, I was running the stock wheels, I was getting 17 to 18 MPG city drive, now I have the new shoes, 19's, it went down to 12 to 13 MPG city. I don't drive the car that much,, since I have a work car, I only drive the car twice a day to take and pick up my son from school, total of 3 miles a day. then running some errands in my area. I also reset the fuel MPG status and still same 12 to 13 MPG city.

Today I filled up the car and reset the fuel MPG status then I took a 4 hours drive, total of 230 miles and I got a better 23 to 24 MPG highway. Hopefully it stay's that way.

I always fill up a 93 octane premium since there is no 91 octane here in Houston. 87, 89, 93 octane.

Members online

No members online now.
Back