The car your Mark VIII replaced...

replaced my 2000 Taurus

22291360001_large.jpg

22291360002_large.jpg

an 89 cougar 5.0 HO rebuilt top to bottom, which replaced a 86 mercedes e class lol along with many others

Hmmm. You sure it was an '89? The Cougar didn't have a V-8 in 1989. The only engines available in the MN12 Cougar and T-Bird in '89 and '90 were the 3.8L NA V-6 and 3.8L SC V-6. The good ol' 5.0 didn't make its return until '91.

Hmmm. You sure it was an '89? The Cougar didn't have a V-8 in 1989. The only engines available in the MN12 Cougar and T-Bird in '89 and '90 were the 3.8L NA V-6 and 3.8L SC V-6. The good ol' 5.0 didn't make its return until '91.

a swap isn't out of the question though.

yeah sorry lol it was a completely different engine, the car was shot when we got it and the engine was "originally" out of a 92 or 93 tbird if i do remember.

alright first of typo, it was an 87 cougar. Lol. But here's a pic, if you look, you can see my Mark behind it ;) and if you look extremely hard, you can see my cousins Mark in the driveway

thecoug.jpg

We talking about a car that was road worthy, or a project that never seen the road? If road worthy a 1985 Mustang LX convertible factory v8 5 speed with 85,000 miles. Project a 1993 Eclipse 1.8 4cyl 5 speed.

alright...selling my p71 to pops tomorrow to get this mark viii tomorrow

vic%20tinted%20spots%20on.jpg

replaced

i replaced my 91 towncar for a 2005 kio rio cinco base then back to lincoln for a 1996 mark viii with 68k miles.

MarkNCat.jpg

The one on the right (my right). She got wrecked by a very stupid person.

I found the LSC of my dreams and it's been Bliss ever since...

Blinky_dash1.jpg

My 97 replaced my 94 TBird.. but I still have the Bird. It's retired until I can replace engine/trans and make it into a fun street car.

A 93 Cadillac Baby Blue on Navy Blue Sedan deville and a 92 Green on Tan SHO 5 speed.

Miss it to this day

oooooh, that's purty. Beautiful Mark.

Here's what my Mark replaced. Laugh if ya want, but Elmo was my good buddy for 12 years:

Elmo.jpg

Had a collector that wanted to give me $1,200 for him, but I also had an old guy that could only handle $900. His wife has MS, he loved old Fords, and he figured the van would be great for loading up his wifes electric wheelchair so they could go camping together and stuff. I sold it to him. :)

Members online

No members online now.
Back