The Buford is back.

bufordtpisser

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Was a long time member back in the mid 2000's but got out of the Lincoln scene when my friend Ray Urso of the Ray Kit lowering kit died unexpectedly. Couldn't bear to be on the forum after that. I gave Ray the motor that he put in his last car and considered him a close friend. Sold the Mark and moved on.

But I was in Chicago a few months back and the opportunity presented itself for me to get another Mark VIII and to help a family member who had just lost a loved one who was the owner of the Mark. Paid too much for the car, but they need the money way more than I do and it gave me the opportunity to get back here with all of you good people.

Looking forward to getting back into the Mark scene. Only have one this time though. Had two running and two parts cars the last time. Might venture into another one in the future, but have to get rid of the Cadillacs that I have been toying around with the past few years.

Might be asking a few stupid questions until the memory vaults start opening up, but I promise to use the search feature first.

Soo dam good to be back on the right side of the tracks again.

Ironically, I believe they were talking about Ray's car today. Someone posted about a member who passed away and they were looking for picture of his car and I believe it was him. Always sad to lose a friend :(

I'm newer here but still, welcome back.

What kind of Caddys do you have?

I joined way after you left but still welcome back!

vbpgimage.php

That is a very nice mark! One of my all time favorite color combos, always wanted a torreader red on black 2nd gen. Just curious but where in the chicago area did you buy it? I'm from the chicago burbs..wondering if it was anywhere near me. The car looks super clean, how many miles on it? We need the details!

Btw..you know what to do with those rear wheels, ill leave it at that.

Right now I have a "99" STS and an "01" Eldorado. STS i just gave to a relative that is in a bind and the Eldorado is for sale. Have Too many vehicles right now. We have an "11" Camaro with less than 4000 miles on the clock and a "96" F-350 dually with less than 90,000 on it. And we just got her a new KIA Sportage. Love the Caddy's but time for a Lincoln change.

Picked it up in Orland Park. was a two owner car. It was sleeting in the area when we left to come back home to Florida so the wheels had to wait. Will be changed tomorrow. I Promise. She just had new tires put on it and they obviously didn't know that directional wheels were supposed to actually go in a certain direction. All that extra drag cost me speed and MPG on the way home. LOL Kind of nice when we stopped at the Corvette museum in Bowling Green and people were making comments about my car.

I remember you. I bought a couple Ray switches from you shortly before Ray passed.

I remember you didn't have the instructions to send with them, so I contacted Ray about them. It was a Friday, I believe, and he was out of town. He was going to send me the instructions once he got back home after the weekend. That was the weekend he passed away. Very saddening to reflect back on.

Anyway, it's always cool to see an old member come back home. Welcome back!

Yeah, I remember that weekend also. Was a sad time in my life. I sold the Mark shortly after that. But every time I saw one going down the road I thought of Ray and how his life was cut short. But when this one came along I took it as a sign to move forward.

I remember you. I bought a couple Ray switches from you shortly before Ray passed.

I remember you didn't have the instructions to send with them, so I contacted Ray about them. It was a Friday, I believe, and he was out of town. He was going to send me the instructions once he got back home after the weekend. That was the weekend he passed away. Very saddening to reflect back on.

Anyway, it's always cool to see an old member come back home. Welcome back!

Welcome back Buford! I heard of you many of times on this forum. It's never been the same to be honest with you. You will see, there's a few old members still lurking from time to time but very, very few. I'm one of the new-older ones, lol. As for Ray Urso? He's truly a legend when it comes to our cars & his air ride idea creation! His brother is on my facebook page. Come join us & I will put you in contact with him. He still owns his brother's cars! He loves the Mark VIIIs but admits to not being as passionate as his brother.

Here's my page, come join us.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/LincolnMarkVIIICommunity/

As soon as Facebook lets me back on, I will come over and check out your page. Would like to get back into contact with Ray's brother Jason again even though I am states away from PA now.

Ray definitely had a passion for his Marks. That and that dam Pittsburgh Steelers football team. Being a Raiders fan we had a friendly rivalry going. He used to get a bit miffed at me when I used to ask him "when is Silver worth more than Gold, when the Raiders beat Pittsburgh.

Had to get back into Marks when the new one came along. Time to retire the Cadillacs.

Welcome back Buford! I heard of you many of times on this forum. It's never been the same to be honest with you. You will see, there's a few old members still lurking from time to time but very, very few. I'm one of the new-older ones, lol. As for Ray Urso? He's truly a legend when it comes to our cars & his air ride idea creation! His brother is on my facebook page. Come join us & I will put you in contact with him. He still owns his brother's cars! He loves the Mark VIIIs but admits to not being as passionate as his brother.

Here's my page, come join us.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/LincolnMarkVIIICommunity/

Members online

No members online now.
Back