the battery should'nt die that quick

Fail

287n334.gif

Now that really is sum real funny stuff right derr

:( I let the magic smoke out of it and it no longer works. :(
you got to keep that sh!t bottled up tight, once the smoke is out, there really isnt too much you can do about it

would you like to guess how i figured that one out, i came out and my 94 had a dead battery two days in a row, and the problem was that the compressor was never shutting off, pulled the terminal off and threw on a meter, instantly kicked the compressor on and poof, turns out the craftsman meter i had, i got used and instead of a fuse there was just a bolt with the head cut off:slam

well there is two was to learn stuff, either by watching somebody do something stupid, or by doing something stupid by yourself, that was one of those days where there was nobody around to watch :D

My Gen 1 would do the battery drain in 2 days. I would try to start it and if it didn't kick off right away then the batt couldn't crank fast enough to start :confused:

Nothing added on that would drain it and as far as the Batt is concerned it's an Optima and I threw it in my Gen 2 after it's Batt gave up the ghost so :rolleyes:

Haven't let the Gen 2 go without driving long enough to see if it has a problem like this yet :shifty:

My Gen 1 would do the battery drain in 2 days. I would try to start it and if it didn't kick off right away then the batt couldn't crank fast enough to start :confused:

Nothing added on that would drain it and as far as the Batt is concerned it's an Optima and I threw it in my Gen 2 after it's Batt gave up the ghost so :rolleyes:

Haven't let the Gen 2 go without driving long enough to see if it has a problem like this yet :shifty:

It was the factory amp..............got it fixed.

Walter Sobcheck fits my current personality alot better right now. Dan Halen goes up when I am feeling evil.

My closer friends can tell ya, Dan Halen's behaviour matches mine pretty well.

Normally, unplug the factory amp and see what the drain on the battery is before and after.

In your case, since I doubt you know how to properly use an ammeter, unplug the factory amp when you know you won't be starting the car for a couple of days.

If the car starts, then there's your problem. If it don't, then obviously, it's something else.

Makes me want to start a thread called, "You know you're a n00b when..."

I took the battery to a couple of parts stores and had them throw it on their tester and both places told me that the little machine said it has a dead cell. Tried to get the alternator tested, it was like watching that scene from 2000 Space Odyssey, but I'm going to replace any way the bearings are toast.

Members online

No members online now.
Back