Texas: How about a drag race get together next month?

LaserSVT

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
OK lets give this a try. How many of you Texas guys would want to do a drag racing get together on the 4th next month?

Prairie Hill and Seven Points are both open. Can get in at 5pm and race as much as we want really. To race at Prairie Hill its $8 to get in and $9 to race. Its a 1/4 track and really not to bad. Nice open area and a lot of cool people.

Seven Points is 1/8th mile and has a rough shut down area but wont hurt our cars. Can get more runs in and its $10 to get in and that includes track fee.
There wont be nearly as many cars there but would still be cool.

Both tracks allow beer and both have concession stands. Prairie Hill is prepped better and has better viewing areas.

Prairie Hill: 4235 F.M. 339, Mart, Texas 76664

Seven Points: 12100 CR 2139, Kemp, TX 75143

I think either will be good and i am down for either. I can travel to each, but i will probalb yjust to come and hang, since my engine has a bad noise when i get on it....just let me know so i can reserve this day.

I would like to have new tps and cps and imrc-controllers before the install...I guess I don't HAVE to get them thou

if my check Friday allows for all fluids then yeah

I would love to go but my mark is still pancaked,(need a coil conversion kit and some other stuff done), I have been working alot and have not had the time to fix it yet.

Drive that bish slammed!!!!! :lol: JK mang. That sucks. Have you tried the green slime? :shifty:

Had me going there for a moment, if you know anyone in the area that has a coil conversion kit cheap let me know. I need one really bad and I don't have the resources to make the brackets for a custom one, any help on this matter and i would be very greatful.:)

If you want to order a new set of shocks/struts for yourself, I recommend Tokico for the Tbird...I can ship you some springs pretty cheap... There was a couple sets for sale already, check the For Sale section first as I don't want to step on anyones toes

will the shocks be the same for the rear end?? The previous owner did the conversion, but the shocks needs replaced and all i can find are the kids for conversion.

Yes, my entire suspension is for a 96 Tbird...my springs are the 2 inch lowered

If it hasn't been done yet, you'll need to remove the shock mounts from the trunk, set them on fire to get the old bushing out, and use the new bushings supplied with the shocks...the Tokicos are awesome, I got min off flebay for like $160 for everything (I think) Laser is actually the one who ordered them for me

Yes, my entire suspension is for a 96 Tbird...my springs are the 2 inch lowered

If it hasn't been done yet, you'll need to remove the shock mounts from the trunk, set them on fire to get the old bushing out, and use the new bushings supplied with the shocks...the Tokicos are awesome, I got min off flebay for like $160 for everything (I think) Laser is actually the one who ordered them for me

Find you some used cobra bilstien shock. Just as good and cheaper.

Find you some used cobra bilstien shock. Just as good and cheaper.
He paid $160 for front AND rear shocks, new. Yes the Bilstien is better but is only for the rear and you have to change out the bushing. Plus buying used high performance shocks isn't really the best idea in the world unless you can get Bilstien to rebuild them under warranty.

He paid $160 for front AND rear shocks, new. Yes the Bilstien is better but is only for the rear and you have to change out the bushing. Plus buying used high performance shocks isn't really the best idea in the world unless you can get Bilstien to rebuild them under warranty.

Do explain on the con of buying used shocks. I bought new strut and they are a p.o.s.

Do explain on the con of buying used shocks. I bought new strut and they are a p.o.s.
Good grief. Yes you can buy new stuff that sucks. Thats why you dont buy cheap crappy stuff.

Shocks are a wear item. They go up, they go down, they go up, they go down, they go up, they go down, they go up, they go down, they go up, they go down, they go up, they go down, they go up, they go down, they go up, they go down, they go up, they go down, they go up, they go down, they go up, they go down, they go up, they go down many times per minute for their entire life. During that time they wear out their bushings and seals and cook their fluid inside. Thats why they wear out.
So now you wanna buy a set that somebody removed from their car cause they wanted new ones. Why did they want new ones? CAUSE THE OLD ONES WERE WORN!
Sometimes you may find a set that only has a couple thousand miles on them...... well what kind of miles? You can wear out a shock in 2000 miles pretty easy. Ok, what about the set off a wrecked car that were new. Ok, that could be cool assuming the shock didnt get bent which is pretty easy in a collision.

Dont buy used tires, dont buy used brake pads, dont buy used condoms and dont buy used shocks. Do the job once and do it right.

Its like my rear shocks are shot. I cant afford new ones and Sapper tells me to go buy some POS Gabriels or Monroes. No. Sure they are like $20 each but they suck and wont be any better then my 104K old OEM ones. So I will wait till I can afford $330 and get the Konis unless I can find some LEGIT used 2000 Cobra Bilstiens. IE; some that were bought and not installed or were installed and found to be too hars then were removed.

What wrong with monroe shock. Get the sensa trak they good maynot be stiff like you but it'll do the job

:shifty:

Ima gonna go over there now. *points*

Members online

Back